Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    That Deutsche Bank application was loooong haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    Rejected from Lazard after SJT
    Don't really see how an SJT is a good judge of fit...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah unlucky man, we all know the tests are BS

ReputationRep:
    Anyone has the CS HR London address for technical issues? Would be much appreciated

I also heard that GS sent out the video interview. Anyone here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daksosodak)
    Anyone has the CS HR London address for technical issues? Would be much appreciated

I also heard that GS sent out the video interview. Anyone here?
    Would also be greatful fot the HR address. Have not been invited for online tests.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm finishing my masters in 2017 and just finished a placement year in a big french bank in Paris (in IB though in in M&A but in Financing). I believe I have enough experience to go for graduate/FT programs (IBD in London), but I spoke with some analysts/associates in BBs and they all told me that 99.9% of FT hires are coming from summer programs. I can extend my masters till 2018, so it's not a problem to put in CV that i'm a penultimate year student, but I don't want to graduate that late (my MSc will take me 4 years then!).

Do you think it's a good idea to go straight for FT despite having 0.01% chance (or maybe you know some BB that are actually hiring from the street), or still better go for summer and then count on early placement?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know will final year under grad students applying for SI with Credit Suisse be considered? Just wondering where CS stand on this as some banks are ok with it even though they state penultimate students only.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L_ane)
    Does anybody know will final year under grad students applying for SI with Credit Suisse be considered? Just wondering where CS stand on this as some banks are ok with it even though they state penultimate students only.
    CS are strict, if you are final year you have to go for FT (it does not even let you register for a summer position if you are in final year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L_ane)
    has to be off cycle or full time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d_cj)
    Hi everyone, I'm finishing my masters in 2017 and just finished a placement year in a big french bank in Paris (in IB though in in M&A but in Financing). I believe I have enough experience to go for graduate/FT programs (IBD in London), but I spoke with some analysts/associates in BBs and they all told me that 99.9% of FT hires are coming from summer programs. I can extend my masters till 2018, so it's not a problem to put in CV that i'm a penultimate year student, but I don't want to graduate that late (my MSc will take me 4 years then!).

Do you think it's a good idea to go straight for FT despite having 0.01% chance (or maybe you know some BB that are actually hiring from the street), or still better go for summer and then count on early placement?

Thanks!
    My verdict, 5 years down the line you are gonna be in a different bank and different team/divisions so I personally do not see the point of doing that many years of extra education and summer internships just to land that role that you want in BB... So I am going mainly straight for FT and a few summer applications to play it safe (up to you)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L_ane)
    I talked to an HR analyst of theirs and she told me that you can apply for a SI only if you are defo going to do master the year after. If you are not going to do a master then you can apply for an autumn internship starting in September for 10 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimbobJam)
    Bad luck man. Do you think there was a screening beforehand or did it come through straight away?
    The screening is beforehand. If you pass the SJT , the Verbal is sent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

Do you know if we can delete an application after fail the test in order to create another account to do the test again?
    Thks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubi)
    Hi everyone!

Do you know if we can delete an application after fail the test in order to create another account to do the test again?
    Thks guys
    No - some banks computer systems can detect the same candidate reapplying under a different user/address.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubi)
    Hi everyone!

Thks guys
    really wouldn't recommend that if I'm being honest, it can land you in serious hot water if caught.*
    I know a friend that did it for Credit Suisse and got banned completely from any further applications ever so yeah just try another company and practice the tests as much as poss ! *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d_cj)

Thanks!
    Are you from french grande ecole?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    My verdict, 5 years down the line you are gonna be in a different bank and different team/divisions so I personally do not see the point of doing that many years of extra education and summer internships just to land that role that you want in BB... So I am going mainly straight for FT and a few summer applications to play it safe (up to you)
    Thanks for advice. Can you think of any BBs that definitely hire FT from the street?

ReputationRep:
    JWScandic and I are looking for the HR UK email address. Would you mind send me the email of this Analyst that I could contact regarding an issue? Thks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    Are you from french grande ecole?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oschene23)
    The screening is beforehand. If you pass the SJT , the Verbal is sent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you get the verbal right away if you've passed or do you have to wait some time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d_cj)
    Yes
    You can easily diversify then. Apply for FT in banks which usually hire graduates with previous experience, and apply for SA in banks with less probability of hiring graduates. If you land in only SA in the process, you can see later to defer or not.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.