Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bar73)
    Anyone else think that chemistry test was impossible? I was so confused i didn't even get the iron oxide formula and i wrote endothermic instead of exothermic haha

What did you guys write for why the preciptate disappeared in the limewater?
    I said endothermic as well hahaa! I realised afterwards that dehydration is endo lol precipitate was limestone and when co2 is in excess, theres no more limewater to react so the co2 and limestone combine to form soluble calcium hydrogen carbonate which dissolves in water and no longer a precipate present as it have disolved in solution, lol i almost ran out of space for that one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganMcAlister)
    Anyone do double award chemistry?? If so, was the question on writing the addition polymerisation formula the one for pvc?
    H Cl
    [-c-c-] n
    H H

thats the final product but there was bonds extending outside brackets and to the h and cl atoms (cant do that on the phone

ReputationRep:
    Das chemistry - was the mass of product 8.5g for last q on quantitative? The rate of reaction; speeds up the reaction and is same mass before and afterwards, reactant would not be- something along them lines? As time increases, rate also increases until reaction has stopped? What happens to limestone in furnace, thermal decompositon and then caO reacts with acidic sio2 to form ****, then tapped off? Fractional distilation; heated eneters as a vapour, hydrocarbons in vapour rise to different levels depending on boiling boints, large hc at bottom small at top, collected on trays as liquid at different parts of the fractioning column?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoNinty)
    that chemistry exam was alright. i think i mightve lacked some detail in a few questions but other than that it wasn't too bad.

i have completely lost all motivation. the fact that i have a further maths exam tomorrow is killing me. it also pains me to know that almost everyone else only has one final exams whereas I still have 3 left. I'm especially dreading further maths paper 2. like seriously dreading it. it doesn't help I handed in my textbook to my teacher (he demanded them, honestly) and now I have to rely on my notes and past papers. god save me that i get an A in this subject.
    I'm the same as you, literally no motivation and I havnt done anything yet for further maths tomorrow, I've got 7 exams left, one everyday until the last day, I think it actually might kill me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJM1802)
    For chem unit 1 did you get n=6 on the moles question and then sonething like 365kg??
    Yeah, that's what I got!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackcoys)
    I have 4 left and i'm so tired and bored. I've done 15 so far.
    I have 6 left 0 motivation also for further maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie389)
    Yeah, that's what I got!
    Me too!! Yay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie389)
    Yeah, that's what I got!
    Same but I put 36.5kg because I divided it wrong at the end. I hopefully reckon they'll only take a mark off me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nmeechan)
    am i the only one who didnt mind the chem? i just made a lot of silly mistakes like mistaking copper carbonate for copper oxide
    Yeah I found it okay, but the colour change question; was the second part about copper carbonate and was the colour change green to black, I'm not sure ,someone thought it was calcium carbonate and I don't know if I did it right or if they did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackcoys)
    Same but I put 36.5kg because I divided it wrong at the end. I hopefully reckon they'll only take a mark off me!
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure you could only lose one mark for that, especially after doing the rest of the working out

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the solubility temperature question? Everyone I've asked has a different answer :/

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Tsunaomi;65815975]What did people get for the solubility temperature question? Everyone I've asked has a different answer :/[/QUOTE
    i put 0 because i had no idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsunaomi)
    What did people get for the solubility temperature question? Everyone I've asked has a different answer :/
    I can't remember but I think I got 19/20

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okdmd46)
    I said endothermic as well hahaa! I realised afterwards that dehydration is endo lol precipitate was limestone and when co2 is in excess, theres no more limewater to react so the co2 and limestone combine to form soluble calcium hydrogen carbonate which dissolves in water and no longer a precipate present as it have disolved in solution, lol i almost ran out of space for that one
    at least you got it! i made up a random equation like CaCO3 +H2O + CO2 --> CaO + H2O3 + CO2
    so pretty sure i got 0 marks for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bar73)
    at least you got it! i made up a random equation like CaCO3 +H2O + CO2 --> CaO + H2O3 + CO2
    I seen it in my textbook and learnt it well because i know how ccea operate lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bar73)
    You were close, just without water

ReputationRep:
    i literally made up a random equation for boiling of hard water like caco3 + h2o => ca(oh3)2 + co2 + h2 + 02

like i dont even think it balances

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okdmd46)
    Das chemistry - was the mass of product 8.5g for last q on quantitative? The rate of reaction; speeds up the reaction and is same mass before and afterwards, reactant would not be- something along them lines? As time increases, rate also increases until reaction has stopped? What happens to limestone in furnace, thermal decompositon and then caO reacts with acidic sio2 to form ****, then tapped off? Fractional distilation; heated eneters as a vapour, hydrocarbons in vapour rise to different levels depending on boiling boints, large hc at bottom small at top, collected on trays as liquid at different parts of the fractioning column?
    i got 17g for the last one.. and i said as time increases rate of reaction decreases lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabrielealek)
    i got 17g for the last one.. and i said as time increases rate of reaction decreases lol
    How did u get 17? The gradient was i creasing though for rates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsunaomi)
    Unit 1 TA chem? 36c

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.