Official GCSE Results Day 2016 Thread (TODAY!)

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I found the IGCSE English Language Extended (0522) Marksheme if anyone wants to see it here

ReputationRep:
    What you think you've got:

worst case: 6 A* (Maths, art, biology,rs, further maths,latin) 5 As (drama,history, english lang, english lit, classical civilisation)

realistic: 8 A* 3As (english lang, history, drama)

best case: 1 A* distinction (Further maths) 9 A* 1A (english lang)

Predicted grades:

For some reason they didn't tell us our predicted grades! D:

What you've actually got:

I don't know yet but will find out soon!

How are you feeling about results day?

Really nervous because I worked really hard so would be extremely disappointed if I got bad results.

How are you going to open your results?

by email

What A levels are you doing?

Maths, latin, religious studies and art

or possibly history instead of latin depending on my results

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)

I don't think so but you never know! I can't wait to see everyone's though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExoIceCream99)
    Everyone on here predicts to **** A*'s and I'm only going to get one (Maths obviously). But I don't care I guess. I'm worried I won't pass subjects though or get the required for next year, while people on here worry they won't **** enough A*'s
    Well, it depends entirely on the person's individual goals and their expected progress. If I'm predicted 10 A*s, then obviously something like 6 A*s means I haven't met my target and I've underperformed. If I'm predicted 10 B's, then a C will mean I've underperformed and an A means I've done better than expected.

I know some posts on tsr may seem petty to other students, but we all have different expectations of ourselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    I know your not asking me gut I'm bored

I found the exam easy but the controlled assessment quite hard (hence why it's impossible for me to get an A* because I got 2 low-mid As but I think I'll get an A overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I found it the other way around haha, but that's probably because I didn't revise at all for the exam. I'm counting on my controlled assessments to pull me through, considering they are worth 60% of the final grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    44 in A453 and 43 in A452 so i only need a low A to get an A*
    the exam was pretty good for me too, although on the way there i heard someone say 'they won't ask about arrays in the algorithm, that came up last year'
    hopefully the grade boundaries are in my favour, it's been the subject i've worked the most on - i was actually working at a C standard around December time lol
    Wow, I hope you get that A*! Moving from a C to an A* must not have been easy. And yeah, the a algorithm in the back wasn't the nicest question; I spent about twenty minutes on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    11 days for grade boundaries release
    12 days for results

ReputationRep:
    The thread is moving fast now, I guess we will make around 100-150 pages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aamna-)
    Well, it depends entirely on the person's individual goals and their expected progress. If I'm predicted 10 A*s, then obviously something like 6 A*s means I haven't met my target and I've underperformed. If I'm predicted 10 B's, then a C will mean I've underperformed and an A means I've done better than expected.

I know some posts on tsr may seem petty to other students, but we all have different expectations of ourselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But I worry other people will be nervous to talk in this chat because people who have been predicted A*'s will be like oh no only got 7 A*'s what the hell I failed. And some people won't even get any C's. It's sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExoIceCream99)
    But I worry other people will be nervous to talk in this chat because people who have been predicted A*'s will be like oh no only got 7 A*'s what the hell I failed. And some people won't even get any C's. It's sad
    i can't wait to see the 'i got 9 A*s and an A in *unrelated subject* will this hold me back in getting an oxbridge offer' threads after results day
    sure i understand we all have our expectations but that's just being a bit of a mug

(Original post by Aamna-)
    Wow, I hope you get that A*! Moving from a C to an A* must not have been easy. And yeah, the a algorithm in the back wasn't the nicest question; I spent about twenty minutes on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks, i hope you get the grade you want too was pretty hard, since we'd had a terrible teacher all throughout year ten so had to redo most of the coursework. and no one knew anything about theory, we all failed in mocks haha but most people are expecting good grades after working super hard on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anmol_.)
    The thread is moving fast now, I guess we will make around 100-150 pages
    definetley more and more people are joining and its expanding

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone on the 25th! Hope you get the grades you want.

This site probably saved me during my exams xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    i can't wait to see the 'i got 9 A*s and an A in *unrelated subject* will this hold me back in getting an oxbridge offer' threads after results day
    sure i understand we all have our expectations but that's just being a bit of a mug

thanks, i hope you get the grade you want too was pretty hard, since we'd had a terrible teacher all throughout year ten so had to redo most of the coursework. and no one knew anything about theory, we all failed in mocks haha but most people are expecting good grades after working super hard on it
    Kind of the reason why I probably won't be on TSR on results day (and bc I'm away). I just think that if I haven't done as well as I would have liked, people making threads like that to boost their own egos will most likely make me feel even worse yk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    Good luck to everyone on the 25th! Hope you get the grades you want.

This site probably saved me during my exams xD
    Thanks, you too!

Yeah same, although I did spend so much time on here between exams instead of revising

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Vanilla Cupcake;66906290]i can't wait to see the 'i got 9 A*s and an A in *unrelated subject* will this hold me back in getting an oxbridge offer' threads after results day

ahahahhahahahahhaha! best post on this thread by far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Kind of the reason why I probably won't be on TSR on results day (and bc I'm away). I just think that if I haven't done as well as I would have liked, people making threads like that to boost their own egos will most likely make me feel even worse yk
    I'm going on but it's just going to make me feel ****. People are just going to be disappointed with 9 A*'s because it's not 11 or some ****. You can be proud of it but imagine being "oh I did so bad."
    And having a reply "same only got 9 A*'s" and you go "oh I didn't even get A*'s...bye"

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to see the 50 Us when I open my results. I'm so excited😁

ReputationRep:
    See that's what I like to see.

Someone excited to fail 😂 Better than people whining they haven't got enough A*'s.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to see someone excited to fail

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollface54)
    Can't wait to see the 50 Us when I open my results. I'm so excited😁
    Sorry to hear you feel that way, hopefully you'll do better than you think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    Sorry to hear you feel that way, hopefully you'll do better than you think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Omg ur so reassuring

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.