Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    The markets are volatile, much like many of the remain camp who, rather than assess the entire picture logically, are overcome with emotion and go on ridiculous rants. The pound becoming weaker can actually benefit you as it can boost exports, lead to job creation and many countries, even those in the EU have purposely devalued their own currency to achieve such. A stronger pound benefits the richest. Why do you think the rich elites, along with the likes of Cameron, were supporting the remain campaign?

It's that same reactionist nonsense that leads to them calling everyone who wants a debate about controlled migration a racist. If they spent half as much time actually thinking about things logically, as they do filling themselves with emotional rage, they might actually have a clue.

ReputationRep:
    EEK 1 Dollar is now 70p.
    This will go down when everything is over. Just glad I bought my dollars a while ago

ReputationRep:
    £/$ down by 5.5% now.

I hope you have reserves in dollars and euros.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    I hope you've all taken precautions and stocked up on long-lasting food and fuel

The days of the beta are numbered!
    Can't wait for a loaf of bread to cost £2 billion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    I am extremely unhappy and bitter. Didn't realise the country was this retarded.
    Many smart people vote leave.

ReputationRep:
    Placed a bet on remain now that the odds have changed (may as well make some money if the worst should happen).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    I am extremely unhappy and bitter. Didn't realise the country was this retarded.
    I'm not happy at English voters tbh
    Scotland has shown it's true colours though. We believe in the EU

ReputationRep:
    Oxford result:
    Remain: 70.3% (49,424)
    Leave: 29.7% (20,913)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Foreigners, by definition, cannot vote.
    Commonwealth citizens can

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Yeah I can understand Aberdeen actually. But everywhere else.....
    The SNP want a Scottish Remain because it boosts their Indy case, nothing else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    The pound drop does not worry me at all. We will be fine. Dont be fooled by project fear.
    Think about the £350 million we can regain every week. And look at this:

We will be FINE, if we leave. We can do this fellow Beleavers and non Beleavers.
    Naveed you parrot

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain why the pound is dropping? I'm a complete novice when it comes to economy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    We're the 5th biggest economy in the world, the EU needs us more than we need the EU.
    Germany's is bigger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    Placed a bet on remain now that the odds have changed (may as well make some money if the worst should happen).
    I am trying to do this!! I do not know how!

I have never betted before. Do I have to verify my age before I can bet (and therefore have to wait till tomorrow etc) or can I do it instantly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    The markets are volatile, much like many of the remain camp who, rather than assess the entire picture logically, are overcome with emotion and go on ridiculous rants. The pound becoming weaker can actually benefit you as it can boost exports, lead to job creation and many countries, even those in the EU have purposely devalued their own currency to achieve such. A stronger pound benefits the richest. Why do you think the rich elites, along with the likes of Cameron, were supporting the remain campaign?

It's that same reactionist nonsense that leads to them calling everyone who wants a debate about controlled migration a racist. If they spent half as much time actually thinking about things logically, as they do filling themselves with emotional rage, they might actually have a clue.

True. While right now it is bad for the normal person for trade its great, in turn making it better for all of us. But it should return to normal within the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    I am packing my bags for Deutschland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same. Get ready for the Great British Brain Drain.

At least there'll be the option of moving back to the British isles when Scotland inevitably votes to leave the UK and join the EU in a couple of years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)

You've clearly got expertise in economy.

Very interesting and very enlightening.

Spoiler:
    Show
    This isn't sarcasm.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing love the Irish.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    Many smart people vote leave.
    Oxford - Remain 70%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Foreigners, by definition, cannot vote.
    I mean non white natives i.e. English/Welsh/Scottish/Irish, but who are British nationals. Immigrants I should say. Mainly Eastern and South Asian british nationals

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.