The Current Year 12 thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    OCR MEI, wbu?
    So far it's fine, currently I'm doing S1 and C1, C1 is great and S1 is fine too, just a lil more trickier although quite fun if you get it

Physics has been fun so far tbh
    Oh right ok! Im doing EdExcel!

My teacher told me that the exam board 'MEI' are for those who do not have a teacher or something like that ahaha!

Oh so your only starting off with 2 modules? In my school I'm given 1 maths teacher who teaches 3 of my lessons for C1 and will be doing C2, C3 and C4 and then I have 2 further maths teachers teaching 5 of my lessons. One of them is teaching me S1 up until end of November and then will start teaching M1 until April, the other teacher is teaching me D1 up until the end of November and will be teaching me FP1 after up until April!
    My maths teacher is teaching us C1 up until end of November and then doing C2 until April!

Sorry that sounds super confusing so hopefully you get it ahaha

Yh it's going really well! S1 is a module that's super easy to lose marks on and my FM teacher said that his students tend to divert from liking statistics to mechanics after a few months because of how easy it is to lose marks in the stats modules ahaha! Im super excited to start M1 lol I love mechanics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J0333)
    I'm not too sure! Defo hoping to go uni, I do like geog and media though so maybe a job which combines them both? Idk, kinda wish my college did a level drama though😢 what are your plans? Everyone's so much more planned out in life than me😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, not really sure, definitely uni, and then perhaps a Masters degree in Engineering, probably Software Engineering but yh I'm not entirely sure about anything atm, just worried about A levels rn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Welcome to the official Year 12 Thread! (2016-2017) :bigsmile::borat::bunny::clap2::dance::elefant::excited:

*grabs an old school microphone descending from the ceiling*

Students! We're going to embark on a journey like we have never experienced! The first year of the A-levels :work:! The jump may seem big to some of you from the GCSEs that we did, but show no fear! Fence with them, en garde and riposte! :fight:

Now time to tell us who you are. :hello:

- Introduce yourself
    - What are your hobbies and interests?
    - What subjects are you planning to take?
    - Your favourite subject(s)?
    - Your ideal future occupation? :smartass:

Future Oxbridge applicants:

Cambridge - ColossalAtom, CyberJake, Mahrez, emi.hopkins, TSlayerr, enidblytonlife, MezmorisedPotato, CloakedSpartan, metellaest, drapplepilot, Enigmatically, emmald583

Oxford - kennethdcharles

(Let me know if one of these is your trajectory, then I'll add you there. Also feel free to recommend some I haven't added on yet)

Aspiring medical doctor(s): ColossalAtom, LDS16, drapplepilot, nisha.sri, Fractite, snoamdaila, abbi.rebecca, starstudent7, MezmorisedPotato, homeland.lsw, Elliwhi

Aspiring lawyer(s): LieutenantJ, cherryblossoming, lonyeka, sahil19, Juedjegfewo

Aspiring banker(s): AdeptDz

Aspiring physicist(s): kennethdcharles

Aspiring engineer(s): Mahrez, sfairy27, Chemgawd99, ElMcDonald, enidblytonlife

Aspiring dentist(s): icy_typhoon, sulaimanali

Aspiring teacher(s): lozza_X, amybmth, Jazzy_j_, NiamhM1801, CharmingCat, AlevelBiologist

Aspiring computer developer(s): Vyres, shirleydongj, CyberJake, Lelanor, Waveyalex, CloakedSpartan

Aspiring veterinarian(s): Edosawr

Aspiring actor(s)/actresses(s): sulaimanali

Some bits of this was stolen from JTran38 year 11 thread.

I'm always continuously editing.
    Hii, please add me to the aspiring lawyers list, and the Cambridge list!

Anyway; I'm taking History (AQA Russia and British Politics), Politics (Edexcel), Economics (AQA). And I'd love to go to study law at Cambridge and become a barrister/lawyer/civil servant!
    If anyone is taking the same subjects and spec. as me, I'd love to get to know you so we could help each other out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Oh right ok! Im doing EdExcel!

My teacher told me that the exam board 'MEI' are for those who do not have a teacher or something like that ahaha!

Oh so your only starting off with 2 modules? In my school I'm given 1 maths teacher who teaches 3 of my lessons for C1 and will be doing C2, C3 and C4 and then I have 2 further maths teachers teaching 5 of my lessons. One of them is teaching me S1 up until end of November and then will start teaching M1 until April, the other teacher is teaching me D1 up until the end of November and will be teaching me FP1 after up until April!
    My maths teacher is teaching us C1 up until end of November and then doing C2 until April!

Sorry that sounds super confusing so hopefully you get it ahaha

Yh it's going really well! S1 is a module that's super easy to lose marks on and my FM teacher said that his students tend to divert from liking statistics to mechanics after a few months because of how easy it is to lose marks in the stats modules ahaha! Im super excited to start M1 lol I love mechanics

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OCR MEI is the hardest exam board, I wish I did Edexcel

Well, we're gonna do C1 and S1 till October I believe, but overall this year I'm doing C1, C2, S1, M1, D1, FP1.

Yeah, makes sense I have 2 teachers, one for the pure modules and one for applied modules

Yep, you can easily lose marks on S1 I'm quite excited for M1 too as I'm doing Physics and Mechanics is really related to it

ReputationRep:
    OCR MEI is the hardest exam board, I wish I did Edexcel

Well, we're gonna do C1 and S1 till October I believe, but overall this year I'm doing C1, C2, S1, M1, D1, FP1.

Yeah, makes sense I have 2 teachers, one for the pure modules and one for applied modules

Yep, you can easily lose marks on S1 I'm quite excited for M1 too as I'm doing Physics and Mechanics is really related to it
    Yh I'm happy I'm not doing MEI ahaha!

Yay we're doing the same modules just saying D1 starts off with computer science maths which is super easy and fun like binary search, bubble sort, trace tables etc (that's for my exam board but shouldn't be too different for yours)!

Haha yh mechanics will help a lot! Apparently it's been shown that it increases your physics grade by quite a few doing mechanics maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Welcome to the official Year 12 Thread! (2016-2017) :bigsmile::borat::bunny::clap2::dance::elefant::excited:

*grabs an old school microphone descending from the ceiling*

Students! We're going to embark on a journey like we have never experienced! The first year of the A-levels :work:! The jump may seem big to some of you from the GCSEs that we did, but show no fear! Fence with them, en garde and riposte! :fight:

Now time to tell us who you are. :hello:

- Introduce yourself
    - What are your hobbies and interests?
    - What subjects are you planning to take?
    - Your favourite subject(s)?
    - Your ideal future occupation? :smartass:

Future Oxbridge applicants:

Cambridge - ColossalAtom, CyberJake, Mahrez, emi.hopkins, TSlayerr, enidblytonlife, MezmorisedPotato, CloakedSpartan, metellaest, drapplepilot, Enigmatically, emmald583, hxfsxh

Oxford - kennethdcharles

(Let me know if one of these is your trajectory, then I'll add you there. Also feel free to recommend some I haven't added on yet)

Aspiring medical doctor(s): ColossalAtom, LDS16, drapplepilot, nisha.sri, Fractite, snoamdaila, abbi.rebecca, starstudent7, MezmorisedPotato, homeland.lsw, Elliwhi

Aspiring lawyer(s): LieutenantJ, cherryblossoming, lonyeka, sahil19, Juedjegfewo, hxfsxh

Aspiring banker(s): AdeptDz

Aspiring physicist(s): kennethdcharles

Aspiring engineer(s): Mahrez, sfairy27, Chemgawd99, ElMcDonald, enidblytonlife

Aspiring dentist(s): icy_typhoon, sulaimanali

Aspiring teacher(s): lozza_X, amybmth, Jazzy_j_, NiamhM1801, CharmingCat, AlevelBiologist

Aspiring computer developer(s): Vyres, shirleydongj, CyberJake, Lelanor, Waveyalex, CloakedSpartan

Aspiring veterinarian(s): Edosawr

Aspiring actor(s)/actresses(s): sulaimanali

Some bits of this was stolen from JTran38 year 11 thread.

I'm always continuously editing.
    Add me into the future Cambridge applicant and aspiring banker side as well please!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha, not really sure, definitely uni, and then perhaps a Masters degree in Engineering, probably Software Engineering but yh I'm not entirely sure about anything atm, just worried about A levels rn
    Haha, well I'm sure you'll ace your a levels then! I don't really have the same intelligence as the average TSR user but I do want to work hard to prove myself wrong as I have no confidence about myself in lessons but I'm going to pull that around!😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yh I'm happy I'm not doing MEI ahaha!

Yay we're doing the same modules just saying D1 starts off with computer science maths which is super easy and fun like binary search, bubble sort, trace tables etc (that's for my exam board but shouldn't be too different for yours)!

Haha yh mechanics will help a lot! Apparently it's been shown that it increases your physics grade by quite a few doing mechanics maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol

I'm doing Comp Sci as an A level so that should be good for me Thanks for letting me know
    and yeah :five:

Well, that's good to know

So what other A levels are you doing besides Maths and FM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J0333)
    Haha, well I'm sure you'll ace your a levels then! I don't really have the same intelligence as the average TSR user but I do want to work hard to prove myself wrong as I have no confidence about myself in lessons but I'm going to pull that around!😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, not really, neither am I tbf so yh we're the same :five: Hopefully we can both do good with our hardwork that we out in

ReputationRep:
    Haha, not really, neither am I tbf so yh we're the same :five: Hopefully we can both do good with our hardwork that we out in
    Yeah, hard work is all you can do tbf, the rest should follow😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone know if there are whatsapp groups for chemistry, pure maths and biology? I'd like to talk to some people and get some revision done too!

ReputationRep:
    lol

I'm doing Comp Sci as an A level so that should be good for me Thanks for letting me know
    and yeah :five:

Well, that's good to know

So what other A levels are you doing besides Maths and FM?
    Haha that's ok

I'm doing biology and chemistry! Hoping to study either maths or medicine but leaning towards maths more! Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J0333)
    Yeah, hard work is all you can do tbf, the rest should follow😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Correct! have you got much homework?

Haha that's ok

I'm doing biology and chemistry! Hoping to study either maths or medicine but leaning towards maths more! Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh niceee yh medicine would be nice but whatever u find interesting is better

ReputationRep:

Medicine seems super interesting but if my hearts not set on it than I'd rather not waste a place and take someone's spot when they genuinely want to help people's lives and want to be a doctor!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Medicine seems super interesting but if my hearts not set on it than I'd rather not waste a place and take someone's spot when they genuinely want to help people's lives and want to be a doctor!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good thinking! Really good! Yeah, you should always do what ineterests you, you don't wanna be trapped in something you don't like afterwards..

ReputationRep:
    Good thinking! Really good! Yeah, you should always do what ineterests you, you don't wanna be trapped in something you don't like afterwards..
    Haha very hard considering I've got the typical asian parents lool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha very hard considering I've got the typical asian parents lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol, well I'm Pakistani, you?
    My parents'd be happy with me doing what I enjoy as long as it's well within the Asian criteria lmao but luckily I enjoy those sort of subjects

ReputationRep:

Yeah, well no more than I got at GCSE but just the standards & difficulty have risen, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J0333)
    Yeah, well no more than I got at GCSE but just the standards & difficulty have risen, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, well consider yourself lucky haha I have got soooo much more and the difficulty has risen aswell

ReputationRep:
    Oh, well consider yourself lucky haha I have got soooo much more and the difficulty has risen aswell
    It's gonna take me twice as long though because it is difficult! I have English that's in for a week on Monday so I'm gonna try and do like sections every day😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.