Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    If you are a decent goal keeper, then David Mitchell is Iker Cassilas.
    ahahahahahha :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Quick Dallas Cup update:

A 3-1 win over Bolivar has seen Arsenal Youth through to the semi-finals where the play Eintracht Frankfurt tonight at 6pm.

Barcelona were sensationally knocked out after losing to the FC Dallas Academy in the group phase, so Arsenal will play either Dallas or Tigres in the final.

ReputationRep:
    "Mathematically - and I was not too bad in maths - it's quite difficult to understand the logic of his [Cech's] statement,": Wenger
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Quick Dallas Cup update:

A 3-1 win over Bolivar has seen Arsenal Youth through to the semi-finals where the play Eintracht Frankfurt tonight at 6pm.

Barcelona were sensationally knocked out after losing to the FC Dallas Academy in the group phase, so Arsenal will play either Dallas or Tigres in the final.
    So much for Pep having 10 Jack Wilsheres in his youth sides then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    They do, they were playing fantastic build up and had good grit at the back, just couldn't score for ****.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair Henderson and Frimpong are out there with our youth side so it's not our total youth team.

By all accounts Luke Freeman (that boy what we got from Gillingham) had another excellent game, and I gather Alban Bunjaku has been getting some game time. I'm really looking forward to his progress, much like Liverpool fans with Raheem Stirling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK.)
    They do, they were playing fantastic build up and had good grit at the back, just couldn't score for ****.
    Haha.

ReputationRep:
    Oguzhan Ozyakup has had a few goals/assists as well.

Anyone know if he's decided to represent Turkey yet? I know the Turkish FA were all over his case because he's currently a Holland-U21 international (as is Ebicilio).

ReputationRep:
    none of these guys are going to get anywhere near our first team, else more people would be talking about them. If you're 19 and not getting into the first team, you're dead.

ReputationRep:
    It's unbelievable that people like marcusmerehay and robbiec are willing to wait out more years till these youths grow when we have 40 million ****ing pounds to spend each summer.

My statement had nothing to do with the fact that you appeared on Countdown. I was saying that through Countdown I saw you. I'm sorry, there is absolutely no way that you are a quality goal keeper. I say this for several reasons. Firstly, it wasn't long ago that you made it clear in your 'about me' section that you were not playing for the Uni team(s), instead you said you were a utility player for the Maths Society team and often ended up in goal. Secondly, your football understanding was never your strength. RobbieC and you used to run this thread with exciting vocabulary and consistent optimism, however understanding of football was never present and we have since witnessed RobbieC give up his leadership due to this. Without a good understanding of what's happening on the pitch then there is no way you can play in goal. Thirdly, what I saw on Countdown was certainly no goalkeeper. If you are a decent goal keeper, then David Mitchell is Iker Cassilas.
    RobbieC is now as non-existent as Frodo's love life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keira)
    none of these guys are going to get anywhere near our first team, else more people would be talking about them. If you're 19 and not getting into the first team, you're dead.
    Lol.

How old was the second highest scorer in our history when he got his first professional contract?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keira)
    What about Pedro? Jay Spearing? Neither were getting first team football aged 19.

ReputationRep:
    Eveyone's talking about which players to get rid, but no one is suggesting any replacement.

ReputationRep:
    Chris Smalling. Ian Wright. Didier Drogba.

And many, many more. 23 is the age most footballers stop developing.

ReputationRep:
    The soil is not fertile at Arsenal, hence it's going to be hard for players like Diaby/Denilson to 'grow'. They need players like Pires/Vieira/Gilberto around them to 'grow', similar to Cesc's early days.

The problem with Wenger is that he feels growth is automatic, when in fact it is not, you need the enviroment suited for growth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK.)
    Lol.

How old was the second highest scorer in our history when he got his first professional contract?

That wasn't the point I was making. If these players are 18, 19, 20, then they should be fighting for places in the first team, if they're not that means we'll have to wait another 3 or 4 years for them to develop. The current team will be 27 by then and have buckets more experience. And unless the players are exceptional, which they're clearly not, then they won't force their way into the team. Sure you'll get the occasional gem but the vast majority will always be ****.

ReputationRep:
    What about Pedro? Jay Spearing? Neither were getting first team football aged 19.
    you'll always get the odd exception.

ReputationRep:
    My statement had nothing to do with the fact that you appeared on Countdown. I was saying that through Countdown I saw you. I'm sorry, there is absolutely no way that you are a quality goal keeper. I say this for several reasons. Firstly, it wasn't long ago that you made it clear in your 'about me' section that you were not playing for the Uni team(s), instead you said you were a utility player for the Maths Society team and often ended up in goal. Secondly, your football understanding was never your strength. RobbieC and you used to run this thread with exciting vocabulary and consistent optimism, however understanding of football was never present and we have since witnessed RobbieC give up his leadership due to this. Without a good understanding of what's happening on the pitch then there is no way you can play in goal. Thirdly, what I saw on Countdown was certainly no goalkeeper. If you are a decent goal keeper, then David Mitchell is Iker Cassilas.
    Lol at this post. As someone whose seen him play he most definitely isn't as bad as you make out, if anything he's the best player on the maths team. How you can come to any sort of judgement on this topic without ever actually seeing him play football is a mystery to me.

I find your views on Arsenal interesting but what's the need to come out with all these personal attacks? It just makes you seem like more of a troll.

ReputationRep:
    Hi i am new in this society. but accept me a huge fan of arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shereez234)
    Hi i am new in this society. but accept me a huge fan of arsenal
    hi shereez welcome to the society

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.