Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got a* in unit 1 and unit 3 but a b in unit 2. I thought unit 2 went a lot better than unit 1 and i didn't expect to get a b especially since the grade boundaries were lower in in unit 2. I need 10 raw marks for an a* in unit 2, should i remark the paper?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how fast you find out about your marks if you go for a remark?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I am confused about my results! Everybody even the school magazine said I got 6A* & 2A but my result says otherwise. Plus I have no idea how I got a D in Science A since I got As across all 3 paper : biology 1, chemistry 1 & physics 1 in January's exam. Pls help me. Here is an attached copy of my results.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acecahill39)
    Hey guys I am confused about my results! Everybody even the school magazine said I got 6A* & 2A but my result says otherwise. Plus I have no idea how I got a D in Science A since I got As across all 3 paper : biology 1, chemistry 1 & physics 1 in January's exam. Pls help me. Here is an attached copy of my results.
    You got 1A*, 4As, a B and a D. Plus an M (I am guessing a merit, did you do a BTEC?) and an X, which just seems ominous to me o.O If you are confused, ask the school to run you through how they came up with 6A*s, 2As, and it should walk you through your results

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i got 2A*, 5A and 2B but i'm getting some remarked (1 UMS away from an A* in Latin grrrr) is that good? Because i genuinely feel like i did quite badly..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mma_gal96)
    Hmm, and if it goes down, although the exam officer at my school said so far they've all stayed the same :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which exam board?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    Sorry to randomly interrupt, but it is indeed 180

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you think it is worth getting my low one remarked? Because i think i did better in it than the result i got

ReputationRep:
    Is a Grade B bad for chemistry? I want to do that for a levels as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arunthathy)
    Is a Grade B bad for chemistry? I want to do that for a levels as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It depends, if you are going to work hard then go for it! If you feel GCSE was very hard and depending on what your strengths/weaknesses you may have to invest a lot of time in A level and this takes the focus off other subjects. Personally, I was going to take it but decided against it (in favour of physics )
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Heytherehello)
    Do you think it is worth getting my low one remarked? Because i think i did better in it than the result i got
    Honestly, it's really up to you! I got the same mark as you but in english literature and if I had had the money, I probably would have got a remark as I too felt I did a lot better than my result. If you think it'll benefit you then go for it, but an A is great and won't hinder you in any way If potentially losing the money doesn't bother you then it's worth a shot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heytherehello)
    Which exam board?
    WJEC

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For my classical civilisation paper:
    A352/H,etc the website doesn't say the overall grade boundaries (J280)

Anybody know how I can find this?

*Urgent

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If I was to resit a Maths paper in college, and to get a B instead of the original C will my certificate be given again but this time updated ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnight1811)
    If I was to resit a Maths paper in college, and to get a B instead of the original C will my certificate be given again but this time updated ?
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Since I failed my English GCSE (I got a D, cause it was WJEC), I have to retake my English in my new sixth form sch,but its not gonna be a GCSE, I found out I'm actually gonna do igcse English, looking at this now Im now wondering what's the whole point of doin this again? I mean in sec sch, I've been trying to work my ass of so that I could do the higher tier instead of the foundation tier, then I had the chance, but then I fck up real bad(I think that was because I was too slow,I'm the sort of person who likes to write in PROPER DETAIL, but its hard to get it all down in a short amount of time ) and I was forced to do the foundation in the final exam.
    ( the second reason might be because of my communication skills, in sixth form, there's loads of students in the centre it seems like everyone knows each other, I don't really talk and I just keep to myself,most of the day everyone's havering lunch with each other, I just sit there by myself just looking around.)

I really don't won't to do the igcse since its deemed "easier" than gcse,thats proberbly why find other stundents with like a B or an A in igcse English, dammit, I'd rather do a subject that pays off when I put in he hard work than have it easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDboyAi)
    Since I failed my English GCSE (I got a D, cause it was WJEC), I have to retake my English in my new sixth form sch,but its not gonna be a GCSE, I found out I'm actually gonna do igcse English, looking at this now Im now wondering what's the whole point of doin this again? I mean in sec sch, I've been trying to work my ass of so that I could do the higher tier instead of the foundation tier, then I had the chance, but then I fck up real bad(I think that was because I was too slow,I'm the sort of person who likes to write in PROPER DETAIL, but its hard to get it all down in a short amount of time ) and I was forced to do the foundation in the final exam.
    ( the second reason might be because of my communication skills, in sixth form, there's loads of students in the centre it seems like everyone knows each other, I don't really talk and I just keep to myself,most of the day everyone's havering lunch with each other, I just sit there by myself just looking around.)

I really don't won't to do the igcse since its deemed "easier" than gcse,thats proberbly why find other stundents with like a B or an A in igcse English, dammit, I'd rather do a subject that pays off when I put in he hard work than have it easy.
    Really? I thought the general consensus was that iGCSE was harder due to lack of coursework?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Not sure where you heard that IGCSE was easier, but it's not. Pretty sure they're seen as harder tbh, there's just no coursework but the exams are harder I think.

ReputationRep:

IGCSE is MUCH HARDER.
    You learn a lot of A level topics at IGCSE level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    IGCSE is MUCH HARDER.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    IGCSE is actually much, much harder. By universities it is considered AS standard of work. Some people actually don't do a-levels but only do IGCSEs and get into uni (My sister's boyfriend did that and got into Nottingham Uni with 5 IGCSEs and then just did a foundation year at the uni and is now in his last year of his engineering degree from Nottingham which is a very, very highly respected uni. Just so you know, in IGCSE eng lit, you can't your book into the exam, just to give you an idea of how much more difficult it is practically not just academically. So to sum up, IGCSEs are actually harder and more highly regarded than regular GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    IGCSE is MUCH HARDER.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Olympiad! Where have you been?! :eek:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.