Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Giroud was never going to be the striker we needed, he doesn't fit into our style of play at all and the bottom line is, he isn't clinical enough.Our club is so frustrating I'd rather not talk about them anymore. I'm just gonna watch the games and see how the next two weeks pan out.

Laters fellow Gooners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Martinez is an outstanding manager and that's a fact. Without him Swansea would not be in the PL now.

Lambert is very unproven, i wouldn't want him at Arsenal if i was an Arsenal fan. He's got a lot to do to prove himself yet. Flavour of the month.
    Without Lambert Norwich wouldn't be in the PL. He got them up from League 1 to the PL in two seasons and then kept them up before moving to Villa, where he could have a very good season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do we really have to wait until 2nd of September for transfer news?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Without Lambert Norwich wouldn't be in the PL. He got them up from League 1 to the PL in two seasons and then kept them up before moving to Villa, where he could have a very good season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where he could, yet he might not. Wolves won their first 2 games, i think fairly convincingly 2 or 3 years ago and then got relegated. It's a long season (not that i think Villa will get relegated).

Martinez is a superb tactician, Lambert not sold on there. I do think Lambert is a good manager, but he's got a lot to do to prove himself really. Martinez proved himself with two clubs Swansea and Wigan and left legacies at both clubs. No doubt Lambert did well getting Norwich from league 1 to PL, but Nigel Adkins did the same thing. It's a great achievement but doesn't mean you will be able to cope with a top job. If he consistently gets Villa performing top 10 for a couple of years on the trot then i'll reassess but not seen enough to warrant a move up the managerial ladder from him atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Giroud was never going to be the striker we needed, he doesn't fit into our style of play at all and the bottom line is, he isn't clinical enough.Our club is so frustrating I'd rather not talk about them anymore. I'm just gonna watch the games and see how the next two weeks pan out.

Laters fellow Gooners.
    How we bought a slightly better player than Chamakh to replace RVP was disgraceful. Giroud is decent but there's no way he's good enough to be a first striker at a club like Arsenal, however much that means these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Jogi Loew could resign this summer if Germany don't win the World Cup... he doesn't have a great club record though, but he was good at Stuttgart.

ReputationRep:
    If Wenger were to 'resign' (I don't think the board would sack him) then the ideal candidate has to be Michael Laudrup. Would fit in at Arsenal perfectly I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    All we needed was a few quality signings and I'm sure we could have mounted a title challenge. Wenger talked of instability at other clubs due to new managers but ironically it's Arsenal who are most unstable. And for that Wenger is to blame. A real missed opportunity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I want Wenger at Arsenal no one else. I just cannot imagine Arsenal without Arsene....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    I want Wenger at Arsenal no one else. I just cannot imagine Arsenal without Arsene....
    You can still think he's the best man for the job but that kind of attitude is just so wrong. NO ONE is bigger than the club. Arsenal FC not Arsene FC.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think brenden Rodgers should be appointed? He plays our style of football I think we should bring him in. Failing that Michael laudrop or Del bosque could be very effective. Even if Gary Neville decided to take a dip into the managerial side of things he would be good, all the experience from sir Alex along with his knowledge could be a good addition to us. A lot of names can be thrown out there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As a true arsenal fan you have to be honest, arsenal are not title challengers no more . Arsenal are more about business arsenal's 8 year trophy drought is down to the board Ivan gadizis, and wenger. They don't make no attempt to please the fans. No player at arsenal has won anything there so we also lack winning mentality that is the big problems we have. And the 70 million we have is still not enough for us really but the least we can do is spend it😐

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soul of Mischief)
    You can still think he's the best man for the job but that kind of attitude is just so wrong. NO ONE is bigger than the club. Arsenal FC not Arsene FC.
    It's funny you say that because he is the one who made Arsenal a 'big Club' :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    Does anyone think brenden Rodgers should be appointed? He plays our style of football I think we should bring him in. Failing that Michael laudrop or Del bosque could be very effective. Even if Gary Neville decided to take a dip into the managerial side of things he would be good, all the experience from sir Alex along with his knowledge could be a good addition to us. A lot of names can be thrown out there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Erm, no Rodgers. Besides he won't be leaving Liverpool for us next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rofl: Repped. This actually made me chuckle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you mad???

ReputationRep:
    This guy pretty much hit the nail on its head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Gary Neville would be a solid acquisition. Can see him managing Barca in a few years. Dat tactical knowledge and insight into the game :coma:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I mean i totally disagree with what Wenger has done this summer, but at the end of the day the man knows he can't slip up now. In my honest opinion if we don't qualify for the champs lge then he'll resign. Even so who oculd we get instead? Its all good saying Laudrup Laudrup but why on Earth would he leave Swansea to come to this squad. Plus the board are idiots and ain't sacking Wenger as he makes them too much money. Im just soooooo pis*ed off as a gooner, but realistically looks like this season may be the one we miss out on the beloved "fourth placed trophy" as the spuds do look really decent. Anyway its too late to get rid of him now, let him do the season then get him to FU*K off. (RANT OVER)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.