Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to all!

Do you think that Merton (with an average PPE intake of 8) would ever make an offer to two german applicants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    Oh **** I just got an interview for medicine at St Hugh's, came out a day early
    sososos happy for you I wish I were you lol I am still waiting for st hugh's

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so what are other people doing about dress? I know there's no 'code', but I just wondered if people were gonna be dressing casually throughout the day and then changing into interview clothes when their time comes, or whether you're not gonna bother with that and are just gonna go in the same clothes as you're wearing in general. Not a huge issue, just wondering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlaneovertheSea)
    Congrats to all!

Do you think that Merton (with an average PPE intake of 8) would ever make an offer to two german applicants?
    I don't think there's a specific 'German quota' they have to fill - you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommylassafunny)
    sososos happy for you I wish I were you lol I am still waiting for st hugh's
    St Hugh's are so slow, I'm glad medicine gets replies from the department, don't think I could have waited that long for a reply from them lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al19990909)
    Medicine interview!
    Congratulations, I got mine a couple minutes ago too
    What college are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Hows ur bmat ? just what do you think about it?

ReputationRep:
    Christ church.
    Also got allocated St Edmund's hall (which would have been my second pick!)

ReputationRep:
    I've also got a medicine interview! Hertford & Trinity!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBilboBaggins)
    Okay, so what are other people doing about dress? I know there's no 'code', but I just wondered if people were gonna be dressing casually throughout the day and then changing into interview clothes when their time comes, or whether you're not gonna bother with that and are just gonna go in the same clothes as you're wearing in general. Not a huge issue, just wondering.
    I'm just going to dress how I usually do, from what I've heard there's no need at all to wear a full suit or anything. Obviously don't look intentionally scruffy, but just wear casual things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBilboBaggins)
    Wear whatever you feel comfortable in, whether that be jeans and a hoodie like me last year, a suit or mid-way between the two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommylassafunny)
    Hows ur bmat ? just what do you think about it?
    6.4, 4.9, 3.5A came out to 62.5% which would be fine if I had GCSEs but I don't, so it was a fairly risky score to have, just happy it got me through

(Original post by Al19990909)
    Christ church.
    Also got allocated St Edmund's hall (which would have been my second pick!)
    Nice, I was thinking about teddy hall but thought it was a bit small for me
    I applied to St Hugh's and got LMH which is good because I was stuck between those two when I was picking colleges

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alicialky)
    Anyone applying for engineering? Have any of you received an email yet?
    Haven't heard anything for engineering, and I don't think many have at all. Our interviews are among the last if I'm not mistaken.

college is St Hilda's BTW.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjlynch)
    ngl i'm feeling a bit guilty about the fact that i'm looking forward to this like a social event (and am hoping to fit in a cheeky bit of shopping). should probably focus on the real reason why im in oxford haha
    That's brill! Me too, I think the opportunity to dine out and go sightseeing is too good to miss☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonetruequeen)
    Haven't heard anything for engineering, and I don't think many have at all. Our interviews are among the last if I'm not mistaken.

college is St Hilda's BTW.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was getting worried because I haven't heard anything yet either! Applying to St Catz. engineering science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maella)
    Woooo! Wadham, i've never actually visited it before lol are you nervous? And how are you preparing yourself?
    I'm not too nervous, just making sure that I know everything on my personal statement and doing wider reading around my genres of interest! How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Any fellow Engineering Science applicants? I have an interview at University College and got allocated Balliol for a second interview, all on 16th December! How on earth do we prepare?

ReputationRep:
    Funny thing about this is that my BMAT was mediocre at best (6.4 5.2 2.5A), and I didn't have gcse's (EU applicant), so I don't really know why I got called, but I'm certainly not going to complain. XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    Any fellow Engineering Science applicants? I have an interview at University College and got allocated Balliol for a second interview, all on 16th December! How on earth do we prepare?
    Lol at least you've crossed a huge barrier (ie actually getting the interview invitation). As for preparation, I heard that Cambridge had a reading list for engineering applicants; if you could go through a few books in that perhaps it'll help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also, does anyone know why I got an interview at two different colleges on the same day? Does it bear any significance to how strong they think my application is? My first choice college was Univ where I got an interview, but I also have one at Balliol later that day, instead of two at Univ. Is it because Univ is unsure if they'd really want me?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.