Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    yeah eventually I will need to start doing that. I haven't figured out whether it's just a compulsion to post

how are you today Socky?
    I'm good, thanks. Still dealing with tiredness but I'm making progress in terms of uni work, and my meds increase side effects aren't as bad and my mood seems better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    x
    Hey Laura, I was just wondering if you've seen anyone whilst at uni?

I'd hate to see someone struggle particularly when they're at the same uni as me.

Sorry to have disturbed you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Kind of got sacked from one of my jobs today, feel it was harsh & I was not given enough time, but apparently I often got anxious & didn't learn things quickly enough :erm: Anyway onward & upwards, still got another job to fall back on & got an ongoing application for another
    Don't dwell, carry on, power through, lessons learnt, you are bigger and better than this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    Hey Laura, I was just wondering if you've seen anyone whilst at uni?

I'd hate to see someone struggle particularly when they're at the same uni as me.

Sorry to have disturbed you.
    No I haven't seen anyone. Don't really know where to go and ill just be moaning in week three haha

ReputationRep:
    So today we had a lecture on mental health policy, and most of the class seemed to agree that mental illness is something you can't recover from :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't seen anyone. Don't really know where to go and ill just be moaning in week three haha
    There's the opendoor team. I've had a mixed experience with those guys. Erm.... college welfare.

I think this may be relevant: http://www.jamescollege.com/#!welfare/cs55

Don't feel the need to be silent. You are as important as every other student.

Not sure if you went to that mental health thing in Yourspace last Friday. Pretty useful.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's why I like tinychat. Idk.

:hugs:
    I don't have it Might join in a bit when my laptop decides to stop being ridiculous and having to restart every five minutes (literally!) :erm:

Haha yeah the music I'm listening to is pretty sad I'm ngl! I think I'm gonna finish these two things tonight and try and get a good night's sleep for my work for the next three days. It's a bit of an excuse to get out of doing work but oh well :lol: I am really trying, but struggling and failing miserably haha what subject do you do now? I am **** though, my teacher used to sing my praises aaaaall the time and, even though I know she'd never lie, I have no idea what she saw in me

Neither have I until Monday night when I was horrendously drunk hahah it was such a weird experience and I can't decide whether I feel better for it or not I think I'm gonna do just two more things and then attempt to go to bed early-ish before my full day of it tomorrow ugh I wanna go back to being top of the year again haha even a levels were easier so far and I hated those
    Well if it wasn't actively bad telling her then that's good, right? Getting an early night sounds good though :yep: Haha, I was never the top of the year or anything like it, so can't imagine I'll have that problem

Kind of got sacked from one of my jobs today, feel it was harsh & I was not given enough time, but apparently I often got anxious & didn't learn things quickly enough :erm: Anyway onward & upwards, still got another job to fall back on & got an ongoing application for another
    :hugs: At least you still have one job I guess? Still not nice being sacked though :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)

Making people laugh is good :yep: Although in my case people tend to laugh when I say something serious or to myself, and on the odd occasion I do actually try to be funny they don't

My dog is fine thanks
    That's pretty much true for me too, but sometimes I find a small opening in the window and bam! I'm a flamingo.

Nice deflection So how are your fine self? :mmm:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Big hugs :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ironandbeer)
    Don't dwell, carry on, power through, lessons learnt, you are bigger and better than this.
    Yah, we are all gonna make it :badger:

:hugs: At least you still have one job I guess? Still not nice being sacked though :console:
    Exactly, although they often criticise me for not working fast enough, so if they weren't short of staff I would get sacked from there too haha Anyway life goes on, I get on with things, hopefully I get the job working at that autism care home & then quit my other job because retail hasn't been a very pleasant experience thus far
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Big hugs :jumphug:
    Awww, it's greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    So today we had a lecture on mental health policy, and most of the class seemed to agree that mental illness is something you can't recover from :facepalm:
    DISAGREEEEEEE!!

I'm 99% sure i'll never have anorexia nervosa again

ReputationRep:
    So much to do but I just want to lie in bed and cry about every bad decision I've ever made. Not sure if half keeping it all together is helping me or just setting me up for an even bigger relapse soon.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, you know that tinychat thing, is it stuff with like webcams or just general typing chat?

Can't be dealing with webcams. Haven't even got a profile picture on Facebook.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by IDukem)
    That's pretty much true for me too, but sometimes I find a small opening in the window and bam! I'm a flamingo.

Nice deflection So how are your fine self? :mmm:
    I really want to say you look like one, but that doesn't really work on here :lol:

I'm not great, just trying to distract myself really until my sister comes home! Done basically nothing today though How are you?

Yah, we are all gonna make it :badger:

Exactly, although they often criticise me for not working fast enough, so if they weren't short of staff I would get sacked from there too haha Anyway life goes on, I get on with things, hopefully I get the job working at that autism care home & then quit my other job because retail hasn't been a very pleasant experience thus far
    Awww, it's greatly appreciated
    That :badger: thing is amazing! Ah well, make the most of it while you can and hopefully you'll get the other one, as you say Yeah, not really heard good things about retail in general to be honest! That said, I need a job so retail might have to be it if I can get one...

Edit: The tinychat thing is just typing senz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    Guys, you know that tinychat thing, is it stuff with like webcams or just general typing chat?

Can't be dealing with webcams. Haven't even got a profile picture on Facebook.
    noones on cam atm, you dont have to go on camera, were all just chatting by typing currently

ReputationRep:
    I really want to say you look like one, but that doesn't really work on here :lol:

I'm not great, just trying to distract myself really until my sister comes home! Done basically nothing today though How are you?
    Hey that's not very nice :sad: :mmm:

Awww hun :hugs: We all have days like that sweet. If there's any consolation, I stubbed my toe and then hit my head on the table when reaching down to hold my foot simultaneously :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    :facepalm: ofcourse you can recover from it!
    i agree some people it may be built into the their genes or brains if its manifested for too long, but theres many cases where people have recovered!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by IDukem)
    Hey that's not very nice :sad: :mmm:

Awww hun :hugs: We all have days like that sweet. If there's any consolation, I stubbed my toe and then hit my head on the table when reaching down to hold my foot simultaneously :rofl:
    Sorrryyy I'm not a very nice person

I seem to do things like that frequently- got bruises all down my leg from where I tripped over a chair several times in a row a couple of nights ago, too :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Sorrryyy I'm not a very nice person

I seem to do things like that frequently- got bruises all down my leg from where I tripped over a chair several times in a row a couple of nights ago, too :lol:
    You got that right :unimpressed: Only kidding, you're lovely :hugs:

Hahaaaaaa, were you drunk because you could use that as an excuse. If you weren't, pretend that you were as it's lying for the greater good :teehee:

ReputationRep:

That :badger: thing is amazing! Ah well, make the most of it while you can and hopefully you'll get the other one, as you say Yeah, not really heard good things about retail in general to be honest! That said, I need a job so retail might have to be it if I can get one...

Edit: The tinychat thing is just typing senz
    Thank you, I love that emoticon as I'm usually a laid back person that's often up for some fun :badger: Thanks just worried I won't as although I've done a fair amount of research & really like helping people I don't have the experience as of yet

Well I just worked there as a stop gap really, just wanted to get some money & there were quite a few of them jobs going around, good luck with your endeavors anyway

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.