Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by cerlohee)
    Oh really? What's awful about them? I think they represented themselves really well tonight!

What did everyone else make of the debate?
    It was a train wreck but who would expect anything else?

Sturgeon was the clear winner. No wonder the SNP are doing well in Scotland. Cameron and Miliband held up OK, though nothing special. Wood and Bennett demonstrated a great ability to make sweeping statements and promises without much substance. Farage didn't do too badly though his xenophobic HIV rant on the NHS question was pretty stupid. Clegg did well but wasn't really challenged as the other party leaders had bigger fish to fry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Oh really? What's awful about them? I think they represented themselves really well tonight!

What did everyone else make of the debate?
    As they showed last night, if you're not Welsh you might as well not exist.

Sturgeon seemed to barely mention Scotland outside of her opening and closing speeches, whereas Wood only seemed to talk about Wales. I suppose that's the problem with inviting parties that don't run nationwide to a national debate though.

ReputationRep:
    So I still haven't watched the leaders debate because I was out, but this is what I've heard:
    Greens & Plaid - pretty bad
    SNP - incredible
    Labour - better than usual but still not great
    Lib dems - did they even do anything
    UKIP - disgustingly racist as expected
    Tory - as expected

Fair conclusion? Will give a more in depth reply once ive watched it later

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    So I still haven't watched the leaders debate because I was out, but this is what I've heard:
    Greens & Plaid - pretty bad
    SNP - incredible
    Labour - better than usual but still not great
    Lib dems - did they even do anything
    UKIP - disgustingly racist as expected
    Tory - as expected

Fair conclusion? Will give a more in depth reply once ive watched it later

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can you send a link please! It wasnt on itv when I checked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Can you send a link please! It wasnt on itv when I checked
    I'm watchin it on catch up tele bro :-( you got sky? It's on catch up there !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    I'm watchin it on catch up tele bro :-( you got sky? It's on catch up there !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ngl, don't think I do. Haven't watched TV downstairs in like a year

I'll have another look later

ReputationRep:
    Ngl, don't think I do. Haven't watched TV downstairs in like a year

I'll have another look later
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc6YH4-IHME derr

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty certain if I ever came across Nigel Farage I'd F5 him sharpish

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ty:adore:

Will watch later

ReputationRep:
    3/4 of the way through...

Plaid Cymru - It's just annoying she only cares about Wales, she's not going to win any votes with that

SNP - lol I wish I could vote for them

Labour - I think I'll probably vote labour tbh, I just don't like his voice lol

Green - I didn't think she was toooooo bad, would vote for green but idk about her

UKIP - lmao who even votes for them jesus Christ

Lib Dems- idk, I actually like what they're saying... But They're too good to be true and they won't live up to anything

Labour Vs Green for me (would Lib dem but no hope lol)

ReputationRep:

Plaid Cymru - It's just annoying she only cares about Wales, she's not going to win any votes with that

Green - I didn't think she was toooooo bad, would vote for green but idk about her

Lib Dems- idk, I actually like what they're saying... But They're too good to be true and they won't live up to anything

I'm labour vs green too. What did you think about conservatives?
    I think I like plaid cymru cos Leanna Wood was kicked out of the chamber for calling the Queen "Mrs Windsor" and also arrested for protesting against trident :')
    Like I can't ever imagine labour, conservative or libdem leaders doing that :lol:

ReputationRep:

I think I like plaid cymru cos Leanna Wood was kicked out of the chamber for calling the Queen "Mrs Windsor" and also arrested for protesting against trident :')
    Like I can't ever imagine labour, conservative or libdem leaders doing that :lol:
    EDIT: also, you can only vote plaid if you're welsh, no? I think she did bring to light that in a lot of ways welsh arent given the same resources as english which isn't really fair.

(Original post by Tibbz2)
    Just 7 bull****ters bull****ting

I'm glad UKIP seem to have come out worst though... Not that it will stop the kind of people voting for them from doing that though.
    Haha, fair enough. Would you prefer a different type of political system, then? Yeah the kind of people that woul've voted probably would've liked a lot of the things farage said, unfortunately.

(Original post by The Financier)
    It was a train wreck but who would expect anything else?

Sturgeon was the clear winner. No wonder the SNP are doing well in Scotland. Cameron and Miliband held up OK, though nothing special. Wood and Bennett demonstrated a great ability to make sweeping statements and promises without much substance. Farage didn't do too badly though his xenophobic HIV rant on the NHS question was pretty stupid. Clegg did well but wasn't really challenged as the other party leaders had bigger fish to fry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha I thought it cute how the three male parties were j trying to damage eachother as much as possible :lol: She's made me wanna be scottish so hard. I definitely think England needs a party like the SNP. There's a group of labour/green voters who would much prefer it, I feel.
    Yeah that's the problem I have with the Greens. They have great ideas about where britain should be, but seem a lil naive as to how we'll get there! It's a shame tbh.
    I thought farage didn't have enough to bring to the table- his only points were immigration and EU which I think the majority of voters disagree with.
    (Original post by O133)
    As they showed last night, if you're not Welsh you might as well not exist.

Sturgeon seemed to barely mention Scotland outside of her opening and closing speeches, whereas Wood only seemed to talk about Wales. I suppose that's the problem with inviting parties that don't run nationwide to a national debate though.
    I didnt even notice that? She was talking a lot about Scottish politics, perhaps it was that Leanna Wood was giving welsh case studies?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, fair enough. Would you prefer a different type of political system, then? Yeah the kind of people that woul've voted probably would've liked a lot of the things farage said, unfortunately.
    I won't lie about it, I'm probably one of the most clueless people on politics and how it all works :lol:

If there was a system where politicians had to follow up on what they said they were going to do, then it would be that one

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: also, you can only vote plaid if you're welsh, no? I think she did bring to light that in a lot of ways welsh arent given the same resources as english which isn't really fair.
    I just disagree with not taxing the richest more or MNCs, so wouldn't vote for them even though I am in line with them it seems for things...

Haha I just think Plaid need to make themselves more like SNP. Yes we want to help Wales and make it equal and strong but not be seen to completely disregard the fact we are in the UK.

You can vote if there's a rep there I think. Which I doubt. Just like I doubt there is an SNP campaigner here in the Cardiff regions, so unfortunately I can't vote for them :lol:

I just wish Lib Dems hadn't been **** because they're middle ground seems the best plan. Even though it may be too good to be true like I've said.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an avid Green supporter (paying member and all) but Natalie Bennett is...meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    I won't lie about it, I'm probably one of the most clueless people on politics and how it all works :lol:

If there was a system where politicians had to follow up on what they said they were going to do, then it would be that one
    Politicians may be the most powerful people (fundamentally, practically the fundraisers are), but that doesn't mean they have the power to do everything.

ReputationRep:
    I used to (a couple of years ago) think I would vote Lib Dem since I seemed to agree with most of their policies, if not for their terrible leadership.

Now though, I've shifted quite a bit farther to the left so I would have to reevaluate my position on them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm about halfway through watching it. I won't be voting anyway but it's still quite interesting.

Miliband - Freaking me out when he stares directly into the camera but he's saying some decent things
    Bennett - Not said much so far but I don't really like her
    Cameron - Keeps talking about the past to deflect criticism aimed at him
    Farage and the Welsh one - Not even worth talking about
    Sturgeon - Making a lot of sense and arguing well, I would probably vote for them if I was Scottish
    Clegg - I'm rooting for him, it's like when the kid get who gets bullied starts fighting back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I'm about halfway through watching it. I won't be voting anyway but it's still quite interesting.

Miliband - Freaking me out when he stares directly into the camera but he's saying some decent things
    Bennett - Not said much so far but I don't really like her
    Cameron - Keeps talking about the past to deflect criticism aimed at him
    Farage and the Welsh one - Not even worth talking about
    Sturgeon - Making a lot of sense and arguing well, I would probably vote for them if I was Scottish
    Clegg - I'm rooting for him, it's like when the kid get who gets bullied starts fighting back
    Hey be nice to the Welsh one

Lol at the staring into the camera

Wait till the closing speech, his hands are crazy

ReputationRep:
    Hey be nice to the Welsh one

Lol at the staring into the camera

Wait till the closing speech, his hands are crazy
    Okay maybe it was a bit harsh grouping her with Farage.

I look forward to it:lol:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.