Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks
(Original post by JoeL1994)
Now you've said that I can't unsee it.
Sorry, didn't realise it was something you could fail to notice in the first place!
(Original post by KingStannis)
You women will never understand baldness anxiety!
Well, like it or not it's something that happens and you are much better off embracing it than settling for that sorry little bit of resistance up there...
JoeL1994
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Green_Pink)
Sorry, didn't realise it was something you could fail to notice in the first place!
I'd never paid much attention to it before...
Green_Pink
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Meanwhile, I must commend TSR's autogenerated advertising for picking up on the fact I'm interested in buying GTA V (what with the Steam sale starting today). The price, however, doesn't seem to be very competitive at our good friends greenman gaming...

Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Meanwhile, I must commend TSR's autogenerated advertising for picking up on the fact I'm interested in buying GTA V (what with the Steam sale starting today). The price, however, doesn't seem to be very competitive at our good friends greenman gaming...

Much worse, I've said I'm at uni yet it keeps telling me about clearing when on desktop
If only #adblock picked it up

Okay, having looked at the image, it's not a bad game, not worth that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Green_Pink
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Much worse, I've said I'm at uni yet it keeps telling me about clearing when on desktop
If only #adblock picked it up

Okay, having looked at the image, it's not a bad game, not worth that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That does sound annoying But tempting as it is I try not to use Adblock. I'd rather support sites like TSR especially if the alternative is more things being hidden behind paywalls. Might install it without using a list and just block particularly obtrusive ones though.

I think I can find a better price elsewhere somehow
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That does sound annoying But tempting as it is I try not to use Adblock. I'd rather support sites like TSR especially if the alternative is more things being hidden behind paywalls. Might install it without using a list and just block particularly obtrusive ones though.

Ads are totally ineffective to me so I would rather block them (currently on 1.1m, mainly due to youtube and TSR [17 at a time for yt])

As an aside, you know w
it's a decent club when alongside the GoT theme and imperial March, a request of don't stop me now is played next (waited over two hours for a request in the past here, followed by don't stop believin'
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

The revelation you like GTA V makes me view you in a whole new light.

Ads are totally ineffective to me so I would rather block them (currently on 1.1m, mainly due to youtube and TSR [17 at a time for yt])

As an aside, you know w
it's a decent club when alongside the GoT theme and imperial March, a request of don't stop me now is played next (waited over two hours for a request in the past here, followed by don't stop believin'
I do not understand how people can sit through adverts on Youtube to stop feeling guilty about not keeping within the spirit of websites with intrusive adverts. You may have noticed that ITV now detects Adblock and requires you to turn it off, but if you use STV which has the same programmes as ITV Adblock still works. A Scottish postcode will be needed to create the free account; the postcode for the Scottish Parliament building works fine.
Green_Pink
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

As an aside, you know w
Nothing like a bit of variety, but are you really on TSR while you're in there?

(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
The revelation you like GTA V makes me view you in a whole new light.

I do not understand how people can sit through adverts on Youtube to stop feeling guilty about not keeping within the spirit of websites with intrusive adverts. You may have noticed that ITV now detects Adblock and requires you to turn it off, but if you use STV which has the same programmes as ITV Adblock still works. A Scottish postcode will be needed to create the free account; the postcode for the Scottish Parliament building works fine.
Hmm... How so?

And it's a couple of things for me. Firstly the alternative long-term is that YouTube looks more into subscriptions, pay-per-view content, paywalls and the like, and I greatly prefer adverts - at the end of the day they must have astronomical server costs and they exist to make a profit one way or another. The second is that a lot of the channels I watch are smaller ones with the content made by individuals who rely on the advertising income as a full-time job, it seems a bit ****ty to watch their content while denying them that.
username1524603
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Hmm... How so?

And it's a couple of things for me. Firstly the alternative long-term is that YouTube looks more into subscriptions, pay-per-view content, paywalls and the like, and I greatly prefer adverts - at the end of the day they must have astronomical server costs and they exist to make a profit one way or another. The second is that a lot of the channels I watch are smaller ones with the content made by individuals who rely on the advertising income as a full-time job, it seems a bit ****ty to watch their content while denying them that.
I may be off the mark with both of these but before I had you down as a prudish introvert who is a bit left, a feminist, a cat lover, and enjoys the finer things in life; now I have you down as an extroverted tomboy who likes cats, partying, and camping. You have transformed from the Hyacinth Bucket wifey character to the mate you would take camping and want to play video games with while stuffing your faces full of pizza. I am hoping you reveal you are a mixture of the two because that is the perfect specimen of mankind.

I am not a expert at how online advertising works but I thought companies receive ad revenue on the number of views they get. As the number of views a video gets remains the same with Adblock users the people missing out are the companies who spend money on online advertising, not the small companies who rely on ad revenue.
Green_Pink
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I may be off the mark with both of these but before I had you down as a prudish introvert who is a bit left, a feminist, a cat lover, and enjoys the finer things in life; now I have you down as an extroverted tomboy who likes cats, partying, and camping. You have transformed from the Hyacinth Bucket wifey character to the mate you would take camping and want to play video games with while stuffing your faces full of pizza.
Prudish introvert? Hell no :lol: Bit left? Yep. Feminist? Absolutely. Cats? Well they're adorable, dogs are cooler but I'm too lazy for them Finer things in life? I think I might actually, but I'm not at all used to having them and it'd always be in a bit of a "let's take the piss, what the hell am I doing here?!" kinda way if that makes sense.

Extrovert? I'd say so haha! Tomboy? Hmm, I'm actually more of a girlish girl with a couple of typically male interests, you'll still see me wearing dresses, obsessing over makeup, and having three hour long gossip/*****ing/catch up session on the phone with my friends that would probably drive most boys totally insane! Cats? Still yes Partying? You got it! Camping? Not unless someone's doing the work for me - I'm dyspraxic so the practical parts of it would drive me insane, but I wouldn't mind a boy/girlfriend taking me and treating me! And I'll happily have some pizza, but I'll love you forever if we go to get Indian or Nandos instead, I'm a bit of a carnivore to say the least!

So basically no wonder you didn't get me, I don't exactly meet many stereotypes But I guess that's a good summary of me for anyone who just happened to be curious
Green_Pink
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
On the note of cats, I think it's about time I changed my avatar... But what to? Hmm...
username1524603
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Prudish introvert? Hell no :lol: Bit left? Yep. Feminist? Absolutely. Cats? Well they're adorable, dogs are cooler but I'm too lazy for them Finer things in life? I think I might actually, but I'm not at all used to having them and it'd always be in a bit of a "let's take the piss, what the hell am I doing here?!" kinda way if that makes sense.Extrovert? I'd say so haha! Tomboy? Hmm, I'm actually more of a girlish girl with a couple of typically male interests, you'll still see me wearing dresses, obsessing over makeup, and having three hour long gossip/*****ing/catch up session on the phone with my friends that would probably drive most boys totally insane! Cats? Still yes Partying? You got it! Camping? Not unless someone's doing the work for me - I'm dyspraxic so the practical parts of it would drive me insane, but I wouldn't mind a boy/girlfriend taking me and treating me! And I'll happily have some pizza, but I'll love you forever if we go to get Indian or Nandos instead, I'm a bit of a carnivore to say the least!
A gossiping, partying, cat-loving feminist who likes meat and GTA, how charming; more so if you are a fashionista. Nandos is nice, an Indian is great too provided it is decent, but I think a restaurant that serves 16oz fillet steaks with a kg of chips takes the award for nicest restaurants to take someone. What is your typical day like as a I notice that quite often we are the only people on TSR come early hours of the morning?

You should change your avatar to a picture of classy cat.
Green_Pink
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A gossiping, partying, cat-loving feminist who likes meat and GTA, how charming; more so if you are a fashionista. Nandos is nice, an Indian is great too provided it is decent, but I think a restaurant that serves 16oz fillet steaks with a kg of chips takes the award for nicest restaurants to take someone. What is your typical day like as a I notice that quite often we are the only people on TSR come early hours of the morning?

You should change your avatar to a picture of classy cat.
Why thank you And I take a passing interest, try to look good myself but I think it's something that I'll be more interested in when hopefully later in life I am far, far richer than I am now (which won't be hard ) and can afford some truly extravagant dresses! But oh yes, that does sounds very nice indeed!

It's a bad habit of mine! I've been mainly studying independently for the past several months which has meant I've ended up lying in far more than is healthy in the mornings, guilt-studying in the afternoon, then staying up too late procrastinating with Netflix, TSR, a video game, or a gossip with my similarly nocturnal bestie if I'm not going out. Then rinse and repeat! I'm off for summer now though and trying to get a job so that might have to change if I'm lucky What about you?

And hmm, seems ever-so-slightly preachy, knowing TSR some butthurt dude will take it wayyyyy too seriously. Might just have to look for a cooler cat!
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm getting old and feeling old, and have been quite stiff since the weekend.

I can't say I've really felt a real night out for a while, if you get what I mean.
username1524603
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why thank you And I take a passing interest, try to look good myself but I think it's something that I'll be more interested in when hopefully later in life I am far, far richer than I am now (which won't be hard ) and can afford some truly extravagant dresses! But oh yes, that does sounds very nice indeed!

It's a bad habit of mine! I've been mainly studying independently for the past several months which has meant I've ended up lying in far more than is healthy in the mornings, guilt-studying in the afternoon, then staying up too late procrastinating with Netflix, TSR, a video game, or a gossip with my similarly nocturnal bestie if I'm not going out. Then rinse and repeat! I'm off for summer now though and trying to get a job so that might have to change if I'm lucky What about you?

And hmm, seems ever-so-slightly preachy, knowing TSR some butthurt dude will take it wayyyyy too seriously. Might just have to look for a cooler cat!
It is not about the size of your wardrobe or the number of laced valentinos in it but how you wear what is in it.

You almost described my life with that post. Waking up at midday, starting revision at 14:00, finishing in the evening, or watching TV now exams are over, and then being distracted by Youtube or a *****y conversation is how I have spent the last two months of my life. I am living at home, my parents are constantly telling me to find a job but student-suitable jobs are scarce. Where would you want to work?

I think these cats describe our lives.

Green_Pink
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It is not about the size of your wardrobe or the value of the clothes in it but how you wear what is in it.

You almost described my life with that post. Waking up at midday, starting revision at 14:00, finishing in the evening, or watching TV now exams are over, and then being distracted by Youtube or a *****y conversation is how I have spent the last two months of my life. I am living at home, my parents are constantly telling me to find a job but student-suitable jobs are scarce. Where would you want to work?

I think these cats describe our lives.

True enough that

And same here with living with parents and trying to find a suitable job! Funnily enough I thought you were maybe more of a young professional, you've always just come across as very smart and reasoned here, interesting we both got the wrong idea of each other! Ideally I'd like to either get experience working with a politician or work with children, but the first is super-competitive and the latter involves lengthy CRB checks etc etc when I'm only looking for something over summer

And OMG those are purrfect!
username1524603
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
True enough that

And same here with living with parents and trying to find a suitable job! Funnily enough I thought you were maybe more of a young professional, you've always just come across as very smart and reasoned here, interesting we both got the wrong idea of each other! Ideally I'd like to either get experience working with a politician or work with children, but the first is super-competitive and the latter involves lengthy CRB checks etc etc when I'm only looking for something over summer

And OMG those are purrfect!
Thank you, that is the impression I aim to give, hopefully one day, however, I am only 20 years old making me one of the younger members here. That is spooky as we are different yet similar, I am aiming for MP but I may train to be a teacher if I have not decided on anything else by the time I graduate. For someone interested in working with children the summer camp work schemes in North America seem like a fun summer job to have.

You have got to be kitten me right now. Pawlease say you did not just use that clawsome pun in a meowment like this.
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You have got to be kitten me right now. Pawlease say you did not just use that clawsome pun in a meowment like this.
Those are some truly awful puns to be using at half 3 in the morning. :lol:
Green_Pink
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you, that is the impression I aim to give, hopefully one day, however, I am only 20 years old making me one of the younger members here. That is spooky as we are different yet similar, I am aiming for MP but I may train to be a teacher if I have not decided on anything else by the time I graduate. For someone interested in working with children the summer camp work schemes in North America seem like a fun summer job to have.

You're welcome, you're definitely good at it! Exactly the same age too... do I know you?! Didn't realise that makes me young here though, I'm pretty sure I'm above average for the Liberals, might just be UKIP full of old bogies And wow, similar again indeed! I like the idea of being a teacher, but the real-life Government seems intent on making it hell That does sound good, I'll have to look into whether it's too late by the time visas and stuff are done though.

Come on now Nigel, don't treat it as though it's a cat-astrophe!
username1524603
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're welcome, you're definitely good at it! Exactly the same age too... do I know you?! Didn't realise that makes me young here though, I'm pretty sure I'm above average for the Liberals, might just be UKIP full of old bogies And wow, similar again indeed! I like the idea of being a teacher, but the real-life Government seems intent on making it hell That does sound good, I'll have to look into whether it's too late by the time visas and stuff are done though.

Come on now Nigel, don't treat it as though it's a cat-astrophe!

I like to think the Conservatives are full of the graduates who cannot quite bring themselves to leave the student lifestyle, consequently they spend years studying a masters and hanging out on student websites :dance: You are making me feel old as depending on when JoeL1994 was born I may be the second oldest person in the party. The thing with teaching is that £25,000 per year, eight hour days when marking is included, and 40 weeks a year seems like an easy option compared to some paths despite government changes to the profession. It is too late this year since they require a June start but it is one of those tempting things that people often talk about. Apart from the career side have you given much thought to post-graduation?

(Original post by The Financier)
Those are some truly awful puns to be using at half 3 in the morning. :lol:
I am sorry, I was not feline in a literary mood to think of a better pun.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (158)
59.18%
No I haven't decided yet (63)
23.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.23%

Watched Threads