Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Eveyone's talking about which players to get rid, but no one is suggesting any replacement.
    It's a good point. When chopping and changing players you need to think about who to bring in.

I've mentioned before that at the back I'd (realistically) recommend Vrsaljko, van der Wiel or Spahic (temporary).

Not really sure who to look at for midfield, best options are probably in France though (Valbuena?), as Bundesliga options like Kagawa are almost certainly too expensive.

For wingers don't forget that we have Miyaichi coming back from Feyenoord at the end of the season, although I'd like us to look at Milos Krasic at Juventus, he's a quality player.

Striker-wise I'm not sure what we need. A versatile target man would be good, but we've got Chamakh already and he doesn't really suit our style. Cavani is banging the goals in for Napoli and I wouldn't be surprised to see N'Doye (Copenhagen) in the Premier League next season.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...889573,00.html

ReputationRep:
    "He admits he will dip into the market if the right player is available, but insists he will not be bringing anybody in unless they add something to his squad."

Common sense, really.

I see him making two ~£10-15m transfers this summer, as well as a couple of lesser signings.

ReputationRep:
    two more players who he'll nullify and reduce to becoming another thornless wenger identi-kit player, devoiding them of any confidence and leaving the fans sighing at what could've been.

If he refuses to accept he's wrong, next season will be exactly the same.

ReputationRep:
    eden hazard
    mamadou sakho
    big forward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali242)
    eden hazard
    mamadou sakho
    big forward
    I don't get the hype about Hazard.

I think we've already discussed that Sakho doesn't have the right attitude before, although he's got bags of talent and PSG are in financial mayhem so we could get him for a knock-down price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I don't get the hype about Hazard.

I think we've already discussed that Sakho doesn't have the right attitude before, although he's got bags of talent and PSG are in financial mayhem so we could get him for a knock-down price.
    hmmm hazard seems to have the trickery that we need on the wing somewhere...will bag a few assists and goals as well i think. Maybe khouma babacar? still think we need a commanding cb as well....i honestly think samba for 2m in jan would have been perfect

ReputationRep:
    hmmm hazard seems to have the trickery that we need on the wing somewhere...will bag a few assists and goals as well i think. Maybe khouma babacar? still think we need a commanding cb as well....i honestly think samba for 2m in jan would have been perfect
    Babacar is an out-and-out striker though, isn't he?

Plus he's still a teenager, not really what we need.

Blackburn keep playing Samba as a striker too rather than a CB and I think everyone is deceived by his strength rather than any outstanding defensive ability.

ReputationRep:
    Babacar is an out-and-out striker though, isn't he?

Plus he's still a teenager, not really what we need.

Blackburn keep playing Samba as a striker too rather than a CB and I think everyone is deceived by his strength rather than any outstanding defensive ability.
    Basically i think we need a winger, a "proper" striker, a commanding CB, and maybe a CM as well if fab leaves

my wishlist (wont ever happen):

striker: aguero
    winger: hazard
    CB: ??
    CM: sneider/shweinsteiger

but you get my jist

ReputationRep:
    Why could Wenger build a perfect team in 1997/98 and 2003/04 but can't do it now?

I honestly think it's old age ****ing with him.

ReputationRep:
    It's a good point. When chopping and changing players you need to think about who to bring in.
    Exactly this. Which is why I'm amazed people are suggesting that we should get rid of 6/7- if this happen with our injury record, we'd have to bring in 10 players to covert their exst. Knowing Wenger this won't happend.

I think max, we'll probably get rid of 2/3 players. Think Rosicky should leave (he's too good to be on a bench- probably back to Germany), Denilson and Vela (never going to come good with us unless Wenger starts playing 4 4 2).

And in their place, I'd like Inler, Hazard, Sakho plus a few more.

Also, would Miyaichi (sp) have work permit by beginning of next season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keira)
    Why could Wenger build a perfect team in 1997/98 and 2003/04 but can't do it now?

I honestly think it's old age ****ing with him.
    No, 'financial doping' was happening then. I honestly think we'd have won a few more trophies if Ambramovich Chelski's revolution never started.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Also, would Miyaichi (sp) have work permit by beginning of next season?
    Better chance since he's got a lot of game time at Feyenoord this season, and is likely to feature for Japan at the next set of internationals.

If not, he's very likely to return to Feyenoord on loan again next season as their fans love him.

He's still 18 though, so all in due course.

Fun fact too: He can do the 100m in 10.83 seconds, which is on a par with Walcott. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    No, 'financial doping' was happening then. I honestly think we'd have won a few more trophies if Ambramovich Chelski's revolution never started.
    Wenger never bought the best players. Ever. Henry was like 26 or something when he came. He always bought established players for £10 million pounds who he then took to the next step. Sure I'll give him four years of not very much money because of the stadium but why can't we revert back to that old model now? None of the invincibles cost the earth.

ReputationRep:
    Ship out 3 of Bendtner/Eboue/Denilson/Diaby/Vela/Rosicky, and recoup ~ 12m. Bring in Contrao and Hazard. Turn Walcott into a striker.

So when RvP is not fit, we can do this:

Hazard Walcott Nasri

Wilshere Song Fabregas

Contreao Vermaelen Koscielny Sagna

Chesney

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    Basically i think we need a winger, a "proper" striker, a commanding CB, and maybe a CM as well if fab leaves
    We don't need a commnading CB (who'd have thought that). We already have that in Djourou- he has being immense for us this season and Vermalen to come back, we're actually okay in that position. Just need someone to replace Squillacci.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Ship out 3 of Bendtner/Eboue/Denilson/Diaby/Vela/Rosicky, and recoup ~ 12m. Bring in Contrao and Hazard. Turn Walcott into a striker.

So when RvP is not fit, we can do this:

Hazard Walcott Nasri

Wilshere Song Fabregas

Contreao Vermaelen Koscielny Sagna

Chesney

:coma:

Kos over Djour?

ReputationRep:
    Frimpong/Ramsey - new signings.

ReputationRep:
    or maybe swap deal with Marcelo and Clichy...

ReputationRep:
    on a slight tangent, don't you love how the french say 'hazard'.

''Azaard' :coma:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.