view next
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Malevolent)
Lol Benitez has done this before at Valencia :rofl:
Yeah and that ended up in him leaving to go to Liverpool.

Also is their new stadium ever going to be built? Funnily enough Benitez had very limited and pretty dodgy managerial experience prior to the Valencia role and it worked wonders for him, could do the same for Neville.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Also is their new stadium ever going to be built? Funnily enough Benitez had very limited and pretty dodgy managerial experience prior to the Valencia role and it worked wonders for him, could do the same for Neville.
It's a brave move for Neville, of course, but could be a brilliant one which allows him to add strings to his bow.

He'll be at the Euros next year with England in some capacity, and he'll have six months experience at an elite European club by then. That could be invaluable for his career progression.

If Hodgson fails, which he certainly will do, people may clamour for Neville to take over if Valencia chiefs don't work hard in extending that contract of his at the Mestalla.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
It's a brave move for Neville, of course, but could be a brilliant one which allows him to add strings to his bow.

He'll be at the Euros next year with England in some capacity, and he'll have six months experience at an elite European club by then. That could be invaluable for his career progression.

If Hodgson fails, which he certainly will do, people may clamour for Neville to take over if Valencia chiefs don't work hard in extending that contract of his at the Mestalla.
Doubt Neville is that stupid to take the England job so early, unless he genuinely has faith in the youth setup.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Doubt Neville is that stupid to take the England job so early, unless he genuinely has faith in the youth setup.
He may do, given how long he spends on the training pitches at St. George's. He has bonds with the players already, and if he does a decent job and has a decent run in the Europa League (if Valencia are in it) or takes them to the top four of La Liga, he may see himself as possessing the quality to succeed at international level.
IamJacksContempt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Funniest thing about Real getting disqualified is that Cheryshev got that yellow card last season for a foul on Pique.

Barca were so good last season, they managed to kick Real Madrid out of this season's Copa Del Rey :lol:
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Osasuna were disqualified from the competition this season because of an ineligible player.

Sack the administration.
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We'll see whether they will be disqualified i got doubts.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Malevolent)
We'll see whether they will be disqualified i got doubts.
Can't see them not being if there's a precedent already set.
Vae
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The RFEF rules are quite clear on this, and Butragueño's defence that "we weren't informed about it" doesn't work since the list of suspended players was published to all clubs before the season started (and it wouldn't be a valid excuse anyway). Even if Flo treats Cadiz to some pocket money and they refrain from filing a complaint, any other club that's qualified for the next round could do it, and FCB/ATM surely would. Pretty inevitable.

Then again, stranger things have happened with RFEF
Pimped Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Vae)
The RFEF rules are quite clear on this, and Butragueño's defence that "we weren't informed about it" doesn't work since the list of suspended players was published to all clubs before the season started (and it wouldn't be a valid excuse anyway). Even if Flo treats Cadiz to some pocket money and they refrain from filing a complaint, any other club that's qualified for the next round could do it, and FCB/ATM surely would. Pretty inevitable.

Then again, stranger things have happened with RFEF
Cynical and bitter as usual
swirly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
Cynical and bitter as usual
salty cuz he got curved
Pimped Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by swirly)
salty cuz he got curved
Bae repped me, she still want it
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So, Phil Neville is great at Spanish. Who'd have thought? Fair play to him. Moyes didn't learn the language and the press struggled to warm to him, thinking him aloof and arrogant, so Gary Neville will have to really win over the neutrals - and the crowd and the fans - by winning matches and embracing the culture. He can do it.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Real's defence of this cup disqualification is comical but no surprise that word is associated with them recently and their President.

Only aspect of Neville's press conference that seems contradictory is him saying he's planning for the future, and laying down roots, yet he seemed to be keen to emphasize that he's only there for six months so that suggests he's keeping a permanent role in his mind or more likely, he will hand the job to Phil when he has got his coaching qualification which he will have by the end of next summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cheryshev: “I did not receive any notification from Villarreal to inform me that I had been banned from playing in the Copa del Rey.”

Comical **** up of epic proportions.
Fizzel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Only aspect of Neville's press conference that seems contradictory is him saying he's planning for the future, and laying down roots, yet he seemed to be keen to emphasize that he's only there for six months so that suggests he's keeping a permanent role in his mind or more likely, he will hand the job to Phil when he has got his coaching qualification which he will have by the end of next summer
I think he did previously say that you have to treat every job like its a permanent job though.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's sensible that he's promoting within for the time being, and giving every man and player a chance to prove themselves. One of the key things he needs to do early on in his career is reintegrate Negredo and get him firing.
iamthetruth
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Wow that goal Suarez just scored was incredible he just keeps getting better
Pimped Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by iamthetruth)
Wow that goal Suarez just scored was incredible he just keeps getting better
I'm now pretty happy to say that Suarez is better than Henry ever was.

Suarez is the best striker that the planet has seen since 1999, when Ronaldo was injured.
iamthetruth
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
I'm now pretty happy to say that Suarez is better than Henry ever was.

Suarez is the best striker that the planet has seen since 1999, when Ronaldo was injured.
Yeah well Suarez dominated PL he would have easily broke the record for goals scored in a season if he didn't get suspended and he didn't even take penalties. In Barca he is destroying every team Henry couldn't do that.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (863)
80.28%
Leave (212)
19.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise