Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Seeing as we were still committing atrocities post WW2, I guess we can't pass negative judgement on the Nazi's then?
    Using concentration camps against an innocent religious group killing millions is not on the same level as using detention camps against a group of people who were actively fighting against Britain in a conflict.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OldDogNewTricks)
    The reason being? it's a shame as it's one of few parties I haven't graced with my presence yet, I think; I don't keep a log.
    We are a party who doesn't let dupes in. We check every member, and only once they pass a dupe test do they get in.

We only had to look at you to know!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Fair enough, maybe enough time has past that Superunknown and ThisIsn'TSpam will look more favourably upon my join request!
    You do realise that as soon as a Section Leader spots you, you'll just be banned again?

ReputationRep:
    Question: If I am such an obvious dupe how come I haven't been banished already by those whose job it is to banish dupes?
    Those who have to banish dupes are not superhuman, and have lives. They are obviously not online 24/7 Just wait!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Yup. They're just a lot slower these, back in Democracy's day I'd be lucky with five minutes yet here I am coming up to an hour and a half.

This suggests I may be okay to pop back a bit more frequently in future with less hasty repercussions, good to know.
    Luck of the draw. If miser or Jarred were around, it would probably be minutes as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittiara)
    Luck of the draw. If miser or Jarred were around, it would probably be minutes as well.
    But a quick search says miser is online..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    Using concentration camps against an innocent religious group killing millions is not on the same level as using detention camps against a group of people who were actively fighting against Britain in a conflict.
    These were forced labour camps for anyone suspected of being a rebel, people were tortured, people were murdered. Some were even burned alive, paticularly relevant at the moment seeing as IS have just burned someone alive for fighting against them.

We were of course also using concentration camps just 30-40 years before Hitler in the Boer War.

(Original post by Rakas21)
    The ends of creating an empire so large that it had the potential to be something greater than anything before or since. Imagine if we'd have kept large swathes of it. Imagine if we had unified with Australia and Canada as one democracy. Imagine if the US had never left. If we'd have kept control of Suez and Panama or taken the oil realm in Arabia.

Don't focus on what it was, focus on what it could have been.
    Sorry but this just sounds like romantisied clap-trap. Are you as willing to overlook the atrocities of Russian colonialism during the USSR for the same reasons?

ReputationRep:
    Was just about to point this out. Slacker!
    I can quote him here for you:sly:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Would it be rude of me to suggest you need a team meeting, this kind of wait is frankly unacceptable? How do you leave someone so unwelcome to your forum they were permabanned to merrily wonder round the site causing havoc like this?
    Wait, what exactly did you do?

ReputationRep:
    These were forced labour camps for anyone suspected of being a rebel, people were tortured, people were murdered. Some were even burned alive, paticularly relevant at the moment seeing as IS have just burned someone alive for fighting against them.

We were of course also using concentration camps just 30-40 years before Hitler in the Boer War.

Sorry but this just sounds like romantisied clap-trap. Are you as willing to overlook the atrocities of Russian colonialism during the USSR for the same reasons?
    The USSR was not of British design. My reverence is to the west.

(Original post by RayApparently)
    Wait, what exactly did you do?
    Its TMD.

ReputationRep:
    The USSR was not of British design. My reverence is to the west.

So when the British commit despicable atrocities it's fine because we're British and therefore superior?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Aph)
    I can quote him here for you:sly:
    Yep, please do that next time. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Yep, please do that next time. :yep:
    Will do, sorry

ReputationRep:
    So when the British commit despicable atrocities it's fine because we're British and therefore superior?
    The UUSR was a totalitarian state presiding over annexed territory. The British Empire was led by a largely market democracy. The potential for one empire to emulate it's leader is there, the other not.

ReputationRep:
    The UUSR was a totalitarian state presiding over annexed territory. The British Empire was led by a largely market democracy. The potential for one empire to emulate it's leader is there, the other not.
    The British Empire was made up of conquered territory, we only got universal suffrage in 1928 so for most of its existance the empire was not democratic for those at home, especially considering all the rotten boroughs. For colonial subjects there was nothing at all that could be described as democracy. I can't see how this is anymore democratic than the Soviet Workers Councils or Soviet party elections.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Its TMD.
    I've heard that infamous name, but I don't know what he actually did.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that infamous name, but I don't know what he actually did.
    The ghost thread, depleted loads of stuff and crashed TSR I belive.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    The ghost thread, depleted loads of stuff and crashed TSR I belive.
    How does that even happen?

ReputationRep:
    How does that even happen?
    He had CA powers... I'm not entirely sure but there are wiki articles dedicated to it.
    oh he also maintained dupes in all parties and fed them all information about the others.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    He had CA powers... I'm not entirely sure but there are wiki articles dedicated to it.
    Wow.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.