Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    I think a big pull and factor is Wenger as well. He will speak to Sanchez in Spanish and lure him here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    if it were that easy, why doesn't he just do the same with suarez?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    if it were that easy, why doesn't he just do the same with suarez?
    You managed to hang on to Suarez due to a technicality. I don't understand how you (and many other Liverpool fans) have managed to convince yourself that Suarez is in love with Liverpool, Rodgers and Ringo Starr. He really isn't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    All good and well, but we will spend it and on who and when?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I honestly cam't answer that. All we can do is hope Arsenal go out and get the players we need.

ReputationRep:
    That's quite a big statement to make.

I don't think there would be too much to choose between the two clubs, but for you to "completely blow us out of the water" is hilarity at it's finest.

You may have more of a pull due to your stable, consistent top 4 placings.
    Or we may have more of a pull due to our higher finish and more exciting football/evolving squad.
    Arsenal have been a bigger club than Liverpool in the last 20 years and have had more leverage in the transfer market because of it... shock horror.

Bar a fluke European Cup win, Liverpool have done absolutely nothing in the last two decades. Any hopes of Liverpool signing the best players in world went out the window several years ago when you descended into mid-table with the likes of Newcastle and Everton :rolleyes:.

I know its a big pill to swallow but its not the 80s anymore. One season finishing second does not make you an elite club again.

ReputationRep:
    wonder what the agreement for the vela deal is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    x
    x
    Can you guys please get a room?

Sexual tension is killing me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Arsenal have been a bigger club than Liverpool in the last 20 years and have had more leverage in the transfer market because of it... shock horror.

Bar a fluke European Cup win, Liverpool have done absolutely nothing in the last two decades. Any hopes of Liverpool signing the best players in world went out the window several years ago when you descended into mid-table with the likes of Newcastle and Everton :rolleyes:.

I know its a big pill to swallow but its not the 80s anymore. One season finishing second does not make you an elite club again.
    The problem with you is that you're arrogant with your club.
    You don't appreciate that a single bad season is this league can condemn a team to several years of decline.

We appreciate being up at the top (even if it's just for one season), and we don't take CL places for granted anymore, not like you.

No offence to arsenal but you constantly and consecutively make the champions league places, but for such a great club, what do you actually have to show for it?

You seen to be an "almost" club.
    You're always up there, you're consistent and dependable (respect for that), but you never quite make it all the way now.

For a player who wants to win trophies, do you really have THAT much more of a pull than Liverpool?

If you are to respond to this, please respond with words rather than a crudely drawn children's paint job.

ReputationRep:
    Luke vs Tom: Episode 475

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello101010)
    Luke vs Tom: Episode 475
    It it's even a competition.

Arsenal have clearly been the more consistent team in modern football, but their pull at the moment isn't as much more than Liverpool as tom claims it is.

ReputationRep:
    tell 30 yr old santi to head to atletico , or even podolski to kick - bring in Sanchez or Griezmann, A DM, Don Balo, That boi Campbell back and Serge A

Summer done ya herd me

ReputationRep:
    So, we don't bring back Fabregas or Vela..

Wenger must have something HUGE planned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    So, we don't bring back Fabregas or Vela..

Wenger must have something HUGE planned
    If we get Sanchez I won't even remember Vela.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The problem with you is that you're arrogant with your club.
    You don't appreciate that a single bad season is this league can condemn a team to several years of decline.

We appreciate being up at the top (even if it's just for one season), and we don't take CL places for granted anymore, not like you.

No offence to arsenal but you constantly and consecutively make the champions league places, but for such a great club, what do you actually have to show for it?

You seen to be an "almost" club.
    You're always up there, you're consistent and dependable (respect for that), but you never quite make it all the way now.

For a player who wants to win trophies, do you really have THAT much more of a pull than Liverpool?

If you are to respond to this, please respond with words rather than a crudely drawn children's paint job.
    Not getting into the silly debate about pulling power but I would like to argue this point: Arsenal fans above all else recognise the impact one bad season can have, hence why we have always held top 4 as absolute minimum. Wenger more than anyone knows this and had to guarantee it or his project could have been finished before it began.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Not getting into the silly debate about pulling power but I would like to argue this point: Arsenal fans above all else recognise the impact one bad season can have, hence why we have always held top 4 as absolute minimum. Wenger more than anyone knows this and had to guarantee it or his project could have been finished before it began.
    I don't believe you can fully appreciate it's importance without experiencing what Liverpool (and now united) fans had to go through.

But that isn't relevant to the actual argument.
    What tom said simply isn't true.
    I would say you guys probably have slightly higher pulling power at the moment, however there's little to choose between the teams.

ReputationRep:
    Although Vela has been great this season you have to take into consideration the points against the transfer. He was quite awful for us at the start and yes for sure he was young and has come leaps but maybe Wenger believes Vela won't really fit well in our team? He's hinted it on a sly that he doesn't want to come back to Arsenal, that he'd rather prove a point instead and he's continuously said that he's happy at Sociedad.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe you can fully appreciate it's importance without experiencing what Liverpool (and now united) fans had to go through.

But that isn't relevant to the actual argument.
    What tom said simply isn't true.
    I would say you guys probably have slightly higher pulling power at the moment, however there's little to choose between the teams.
    In terms of pure managerial pull Arsenal are a fair way ahead (based on Wengers knowledge/past success mainly) and we're financially a fair bit better off. In footballing terms not much in it.

ReputationRep:
    Lol did suarez just bite chilleni lol what a scum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Lol did suarez just bite chilleni lol what a scum
    Tbf, Chiellini does sound like a rather nice pasta dish!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My name is Luis Suarez. I complain about the media grilling me 24/7. Even though they have reason to. So I bite someone for the 3rd time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    If we get Sanchez I won't even remember Vela.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, it's a huge if though..

On another note, Suarez bit chillini apparently LOOOL

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.