Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonetruequeen)
    Lol at least you've crossed a huge barrier (ie actually getting the interview invitation). As for preparation, I heard that Cambridge had a reading list for engineering applicants; if you could go through a few books in that perhaps it'll help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm tempted to just kind of wing it. My heart's not in Oxford; not 100% sure why I applied but I'll just have to go with it (Really hope Imperial give me an offer soon to take the pressure off as it's definitely my first choice)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonetruequeen)
    Haven't heard anything for engineering, and I don't think many have at all. Our interviews are among the last if I'm not mistaken.

college is St Hilda's BTW.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A friend of mine got an interview for Christ Church yesterday at midday, so I think they've begun

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview invite for Comp Sci and Philosophy (at Univ) today at 11:36 am. I swear my heart I was so nervous when I went to open it

ReputationRep:
    Acceptance/rejection emails went out for Balliol maths today- check your emails!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Interview for medicine at Worcester! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazylinepainter)
    Congratulations to everyone who got an interview. I'm going down for History and Politics at Wadham.

It says (I think for all history interviewees) that you must stay until 1600 on the Friday. Is that set in stone or is it just informing you that you may be scheduled for an interview up to four o'clock, and if you've had all your interviews before then you can leave early?
    I emailed my college to ask whether booking my train home at 5pm was a good idea, and they said that "We expect that interviews in your subject will have concluded by the afternoon of Friday 11 December so your proposed homeward train journey is very sensible. " Still probably a good idea to email your college just in case

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting on a rejection for biomed at st hildas..... My BMAT was dog **** but i did notify them of extenuating circumstances so i guess it's all down to their sympathy now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    I'm tempted to just kind of wing it. My heart's not in Oxford; not 100% sure why I applied but I'll just have to go with it (Really hope Imperial give me an offer soon to take the pressure off as it's definitely my first choice)
    I feel you. Oxford's great but Engineering Science just isn't for me. I don't think I can really deal with two generalised years doing electrical or chemical engineering when I could just be learning how to tackle water pollution in civil engineering at UCL :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also, does anyone know why I got an interview at two different colleges on the same day? Does it bear any significance to how strong they think my application is? My first choice college was Univ where I got an interview, but I also have one at Balliol later that day, instead of two at Univ. Is it because Univ is unsure if they'd really want me?
    No it's not got anything to do with your strength, I'm pretty sure that you get interviewed at two colleges so that you have a better chance of getting in, not because they don't want you. I know for medicine and EP (I think) everyone gets interviewed at two different colleges

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for engineering science for St Catz. and Sommerville on the same day? Most other subjects are staying for 3 days - I am a bit confused??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    No it's not got anything to do with your strength, I'm pretty sure that you get interviewed at two colleges so that you have a better chance of getting in, not because they don't want you. I know for medicine and EP (I think) everyone gets interviewed at two different colleges
    But I know people at my school with interviews who have two interviews at the same college..? But thank you anyway - that's reassuring!

EDIT: I'm also the only person I know who has both interviews at different colleges on the same day, rather than them being spread out! Maybe that's just how the Engineering Science department works.

ReputationRep:
    But I know people at my school with interviews who have two interviews at the same college..? But thank you anyway - that's reassuring!

EDIT: I'm also the only person I know who has both interviews at different colleges on the same day, rather than them being spread out! Maybe that's just how the Engineering Science department works.
    Panic not - the timetables for interviews are crazily complex, because Oxford have to try and fit in several thousand interviews in just a couple of weeks. It will literally have nothing to do with your application, I assure you - last year, everyone tried reading into their interview timings/locations (etc.) in agonising detail, only for it to turn out that there was no real pattern to who ended up getting offers in the end, so please don't worry! (But trust me, I know how tempting it can be to analyse every last thing which happens )

ReputationRep:

I don't know why they have them at the same college, seems kind of counter-productive if they get interviewed on the same thing by the same people. Maybe they have a general interview and a subject interview? Arts subjects sometimes do those, not too sure about science subjects though.

And yeah I dunno why you have them both on the same day, sounds like too much work to me lol

ReputationRep:
    Any fellow Engineering Science applicants? I have an interview at University College and got allocated Balliol for a second interview, all on 16th December! How on earth do we prepare?
    I got Univ then Worcester on the 14th.

I have no clue. Something tells me these interviews will be much harder than the interviews at imperial

ReputationRep:

Also for Engineering Science, and got 2 interviews on the same day (at different colleges)

ReputationRep:
    Got an invite from St Hugh's for Law! So happy that it's official now 🎉🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ememoville)
    I was getting worried because I haven't heard anything yet either! Applying to St Catz. engineering science
    Me too! Feel a little bit left in the dark. Good to know there's other people in my shoes. And, I believe engineering interviews are some of the last. Fingers crossed though! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lainathiel)
    Interview for medicine at Worcester! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can I ask what are your stats, if you don't mind?

ReputationRep:
    Also, does anyone know why I got an interview at two different colleges on the same day? Does it bear any significance to how strong they think my application is? My first choice college was Univ where I got an interview, but I also have one at Balliol later that day, instead of two at Univ. Is it because Univ is unsure if they'd really want me?
    I have St Peter's then LMH on the 14th for engineering science- I think that's just how the department do it.

ReputationRep:
    Who here applied from a non EU country and has received notice about a Biomedical Science interview at any college?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.