Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 6 years ago
That was really good.

I really hope no one in my house sees the tears.
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hopple)
Not River's though?
I'm guessing River looked away/closed her eyes, as she was supporting Amy's decision to go.
boumavilla
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Angels are my favourite "alien/monster", what you will. Today's episode justified my favouritism!

Today was officially my last chance with Doctor Who because recent episodes became boring and cringy imo however tonight's episode was brilliant!

The angels saved the day, great ending!
georgiaaaxo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well I thought it was amazing! I thought it was well-written, by far the best of the series in my opinion
Hopple
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
I'm guessing River looked away/closed her eyes, as she was supporting Amy's decision to go.
Maybe, but then the Doctor didn't put up much of a struggle to keep the angel in his view either
mynameisntbobk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by boumavilla)
Angels are my favourite "alien/monster", what you will. Today's episode justified my favouritism!

Today was officially my last chance with Doctor Who because recent episodes became boring and cringy imo however tonight's episode was brilliant!

The angels saved the day, great ending!
Definitely agree with that. I think the weeping angels just add that bit of suspense that the others don't really do. It's always a treat treat when an episode involves them.
DotComBoom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
One of the best episodes ever. Perfect send off, beautifully written.
boumavilla
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mynameisntbobk)
Definitely agree with that. I think the weeping angels just add that bit of suspense that the others don't really do. It's always a treat treat when an episode involves them.
I've watched the introduction episode of the angels about 20 times I think. They are that great! It is a little like Torchwood, which is basically a grown up version of Doctor Who where things can be a little bit scarier.
BeHappy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can't even...Oh my gosh. :cry:
That was an incredible episode, but so bitter-sweet. A Pond Farewell.
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Miracle Day)
Amy turned around and blocked the Doctor's view of the angel
rofl worst excuse ever. He could have gone and stood right up to it so it would be impossible for amy to effectively do that.

Doesn't explain also the inconsistency of the angels suddenly moving as fast as a bolt of lightning one minute then slow as snails the other. Bad writing.
mynameisntbobk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by boumavilla)
I've watched the introduction episode of the angels about 20 times I think. They are that great! It is a little like Torchwood, which is basically a grown up version of Doctor Who where things can be a little bit scarier.
I think the first episode where they mentioned the angels was great. I do actually think that episode is really good.
I've seen torchwood, not the biggest fan of it, but its alright.
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sithius)
rofl worst excuse ever. He could have gone and stood right up to it so it would be impossible for amy to effectively do that.
At which point he has to not be looking at it in order to talk to Amy, and bam - he's zapped back in time, or she blinks and gets sent back herself.

Doesn't explain also the inconsistency of the angels suddenly moving as fast as a bolt of lightning one minute then slow as snails the other. Bad writing.
Because of course everything in the world can only move at one speed, you can only walk, never jog, run or sprint. :rolleyes:
Move slowly and toy with their prey, move quickly to exploit a momentary chance :dontknow:

Not bad writing, over-demanding viewer.

Anyway, best episode of the series for me, and one of the best in a long time. Not entirely sure how the Statue of Liberty could move so far - in a bubbling metropolis like NY, surely someone has got to be looking at it at any given moment? - but overall, well written. The Angels were back towards blink standard rather than the - frankly poor - double parter in season 5. As for suicide scene & graveyard scene :cry2:
AliceElizabeth19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was seriously disappointed with how the episode was directed and when are they going to bring back Jenny?
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Alofleicester)
At which point he has to not be looking at it in order to talk to Amy, and bam - he's zapped back in time, or she blinks and gets sent back herself.

Because of course everything in the world can only move at one speed, you can only walk, never jog, run or sprint. :rolleyes:
Move slowly and toy with their prey, move quickly to exploit a momentary chance :dontknow:

Not bad writing, over-demanding viewer.

Anyway, best episode of the series for me, and one of the best in a long time. Not entirely sure how the Statue of Liberty could move so far - in a bubbling metropolis like NY, surely someone has got to be looking at it at any given moment? - but overall, well written. The Angels were back towards blink standard rather than the - frankly poor - double parter in season 5. As for suicide scene & graveyard scene :cry2:
Snatching at straws here buddy. Ever heard of peripheral vision?

And when they are snatching up 'prey' for their 'time farm', they aren't going to be toying. LOL.
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

And when they are snatching up 'prey' for their 'time farm', they aren't going to be toying. LOL.
I have, but if you can see everything in your peripheral vision clear enough to notice if it moves at all, then I'm impressed. My door is currently in my peripheral vision - the ever so slight movement that would be comparable to the movement needed by the angel to get amy would be pretty much unnoticeable.

Why not? They've got them cornered, why not have some fun with their "prey", given they can't really go anywhere?
Feefifofum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Fantastic episode. Suicide scene left me crying so hard. I'm glad the Ponds got to stay together in the end though.

Turns out there is something creepier than angels - cherubs.

The only bit I didn't like was the Statue of Liberty - why did no one see it move? How can a whole city have been not looking? And why was it necessary anyway - seemed like a fairly major plot element that they basically did nothing with. :/

Amy was blocking the Doctor's view. River could easily have looked away/blinked. I really don't see what your problem with that bit is...
Natster
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Poor Rory I've lost count of his number of deaths now D:
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Alofleicester)
I have, but if you can see everything in your peripheral vision clear enough to notice if it moves at all, then I'm impressed. My door is currently in my peripheral vision - the ever so slight movement that would be comparable to the movement needed by the angel to get amy would be pretty much unnoticeable.

Why not? They've got them cornered, why not have some fun with their "prey", given they can't really go anywhere?
No, the Dr would have in real life stepped right up to the statue whilst talking to Amy. It was all pathetic.

Because they knew Rorey was trying to escape and that would be disastrous... yet they moved slow as hell during that escape.

Stop trying to defend the lousy writing. If you enjoyed it good for you, but I for one did not.
Miracle Day
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Rory's dad is going to be so pissed
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, the Dr would have in real life stepped right up to the statue whilst talking to Amy. It was all pathetic.

Because they knew Rorey was trying to escape and that would be disastrous... yet they moved slow as hell during that escape.

Stop trying to defend the lousy writing. If you enjoyed it good for you, but I for one did not.
I hate to break it to you, but the Doctor isn't real :no:

And he wouldn't have stepped that close and risked getting sent back himself...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.8%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (700)
47.43%

Watched Threads