Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected from Merton for physics. Good luck to everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    I don't know why they have them at the same college, seems kind of counter-productive if they get interviewed on the same thing by the same people. Maybe they have a general interview and a subject interview? Arts subjects sometimes do those, not too sure about science subjects though.

And yeah I dunno why you have them both on the same day, sounds like too much work to me lol
    You'll usually be interviewed by different people at each one, and on different topics. It's actually very useful, the more interviews you have the better a picture they can build up and they can see how consistent you are etc, and it also gives you a chance to recover from a nervous first interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HPFoley)
    Just got rejected from Merton for physics. Good luck to everyone else!
    I am sorry to hear that! If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted grades/ums?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Keble College to read Computer Science?
    Im anxiously still waiting for any news
    congratulations for everyone with an interview!!
    Everyone who doesn't, it is not the end of the road!!

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask all St Catz applicants (not being one) why you chose it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rose7812)
    Can I ask what are your stats, if you don't mind?
    Of course! I got 12 A* at GCSE, 4 A at AS, predicted 4 A* A2 and got 4.9/5.7/5A BMAT

(The BMAT is not my friend)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Medicine rejection, as expected. Best of luck to all other medics/applicants with their interviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lainathiel)
    Of course! I got 12 A* at GCSE, 4 A at AS, predicted 4 A* A2 and got 4.9/5.7/5A BMAT

(The BMAT is not my friend)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh wow, no wonder you got an interview! congrats, hope it goes well!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, The Spartan I am still waiting for an email from Keble for Computer Science too. I saw they have updated their website a few minutes ago saying "Interview decision letters have been posted for the following subjects. Computer Science; Mathematics & Computer Science; Archaeology & Anthropology - 1st December "What do you think that means? They have sent them to our emails or by post? Because I have been checking my email and have not received anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonetruequeen)
    Haven't heard anything for engineering, and I don't think many have at all. Our interviews are among the last if I'm not mistaken.

college is St Hilda's BTW.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks God. I am not the only Engineering one left out.
    Electrical Engg (LMG college).

Wait is killing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by genius10)
    I am sorry to hear that! If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted grades/ums?
    I'm American, so I don't know what ums are. Here are some grades, though:

SAT Reasoning Test: 2,400
    A.P. Chemistry: 5
    A.P. U.S. Government and Politics: 5
    A.P. Calculus BC: 5
    A.P. Biology: 5
    A.P. Physics C, Mechanics: 5
    A.P. Physics C, Electricity and Magnetism: 5
    SAT II Mathematics II Subject Test: 750
    SAT II Physics Subject Test: 740
    SAT II Chemistry Subject Test: 790

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by opaleyedragon)
    Hey, The Spartan I am still waiting for an email from Keble for Computer Science too. I saw they have updated their website a few minutes ago saying "Interview decision letters have been posted for the following subjects. Computer Science; Mathematics & Computer Science; Archaeology & Anthropology - 1st December "What do you think that means? They have sent them to our emails or by post? Because I have been checking my email and have not received anything yet.
    Keble send emails to international applicants, but uk applicants recieve a letter. So if it was posted today you'll probably recieve it either tomorrow or Thursday

ReputationRep:
    HEY!

By some miracle, I managed to get an offer for interview today, for medicine!!! I've never been so shocked in my entire life

Sorry if this question's been asked before (but there are 442 pages on here, obvs I skim read) but does anyone know how Oxford are on facial piercings at interviews? I know it's really not that important of a question, and there's a load of more important things to be worrying about, but I feel like sooner I know where they stand on this, the better!

(By facial piercing, I mean a small nose stud - not sure why I didn't just call it that earlier...)

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm doing arch and anth, and what it means is they sent them today, so with first class postage they will most likely arrive tomorrow or the day after. I've been waiting so long to find out and now I don't want to know!

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for medicine!!! Woooooo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mna_98)
    Hey well done! I've got a law interview for Christ Church and I'm just wondering how you're going to prepare for the interview? I'm finding it a bit tricky because obviously we don't require legal knowledge so is revising my PS (and the legal points in that), keeping up to date with current affairs and thinking about answers for the basic questions like 'why law' enough? Sorry for the essay feel free to ignore if you're as clueless as me hahaha
    Hi, I've got an interview at Keble for law, and although I'm feeling quite confident with the law based questions, I'm actually struggling the most with the 'why law', 'why Oxford' etc questions, so if you could possibly help me with those that would be great. I think that it sounds like you're doing everything you need to, perhaps if you've read any law books make sure that you've got a few key points from them that you can remember and use in your interview, but think that's it

ReputationRep:
    Yes i saw that too!!
    How did you think you did on the MAT? i reckon around 60 myself, hope you found it ok :P
    I havent received an email yet either
    I do think they send via both, email obviously quicker
    Just patience i guess, ill keep you updated!
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoldStarStickers)
    HEY!

By some miracle, I managed to get an offer for interview today, for medicine!!! I've never been so shocked in my entire life

Sorry if this question's been asked before (but there are 442 pages on here, obvs I skim read) but does anyone know how Oxford are on facial piercings at interviews? I know it's really not that important of a question, and there's a load of more important things to be worrying about, but I feel like sooner I know where they stand on this, the better!

(By facial piercing, I mean a small nose stud - not sure why I didn't just call it that earlier...)
    Congratulations, I've got one too for St Hugh's and LMH
    I don't think they particularly care whether or not you have a nose stud, 99% certain they care more about your ability as a doctor/academic than your decision to pierce your nose

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Exeter!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Medicine rejection, as expected. Best of luck to all other medics/applicants with their interviews
    WHATTTTT?!?! You of all people? That's madness.

Oh well, you'll get into somewhere equally as kickass.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.