Lol, mean.

(Original post by chemical shift)
    Aunty anka, i have matured a lot as well? :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who might you be?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    I begin in the name of Allah swt, the most beneficient, the most merciful.

Reflecting on what i see on TSR, i often catch mysel trying to put myself within the psychological view of an atheist, in order to try to fully understand them and where they are coming from.

Clearly they beleive that we are simply a complex biological machine with the ability of concious - which has stumped us and baffled generations of the most emminent scientists. Life therefore is what you choose it to be, you can be virtuous , immoral, ambitious - the onus is on you.

There is no further purpose, further existence, anything extrinsically special about being a human being in the higher sense. We cease to exist after we die, the very being we are and return to the state we were before birth.

We are dispensible, disposable.

Now most of you would be disturbed to here such a thing. It is instrinsically part of your make up to want to survive, to want to exist and live on. However, there is a big difference in my own view between the animal and the human beings desire to surive.

1. We have the desire to live and survive , perhaps to reproduce and pass on our genes.
    2. As human beings there is one additional thing we have that no other organism has, the feeling of wanting to live after death, of wanting an after-life of feeling sad at the idea of death being an ultimate end to everything. The idea that we are not simply disposable.

For number 2, you can die say as a marytr, saving a loved one from a car crash, being a shield infront of a fired bullet, forgoe your desire to live , survive and reproduce, but there will still be number two, that feeling there is something more, that you do not want to be disposable, that you want to outlive death which has nothing to do with the animalistic need to reproduce and survive.

These are my rough feelings and thoughts, and i am open to challenges and revision on them.
    why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)

Who might you be?
    The infamous Q :smug:

So have i matured :hmmm:

What do you think
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

What do you think
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ermmmm, I was away for so long so I must have missed this recent improvement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    Ermmmm, I was away for so long so I must have missed this recent improvement.
    So how do you know beautiful matured :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So how do you know beautiful matured :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cuz we're still in touch on Watsapp lol.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

What do you think
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    The fact you are still here stands as testimony against yourself...

ReputationRep:
    Fasting is, first and foremost, an exercise for identifying and managing adversity in all its forms. With faith, in full conscience, fasting calls women and men to an extra degree of self-awareness.

Tariq Ramadan

ReputationRep:
    Name:  2015-04-28 02.09.14.png
Views: 101
Size:  307.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    May Allah Grant Us Sincerity

ReputationRep:
    Basically if anyone owns time, then you dont have free will

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LotusBlue)
    Thats great Alhumdulillah.

I'm not too bad Alhumdulillah. Exams next week :cry2: and I feel so stressed out lol
    You'll be fine
    Just read the duas for studying and exam time and of course work hard.

ReputationRep:
    Narated By AbuHurayrah : The Prophet (pbuh) said: A man never did a good deed but removed a thorny branch from the road; it was either in the tree and someone cut it and threw it on the road, or it was lying in it, he removed it. Allah accepted this good deed of his and brought him into Paradise.

ReputationRep:
    good read (Usool at Tafseer): http://d1.islamhouse.com/data/en/ih_...at-Tafseer.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Time To Double Your Effort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    Got my baisty done.

Nah Alhamdulillah was ok. in Shaa Allah all is well.
    Umm ..what the heck does baisty mean. .im Asian too..dont eat me

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else seriously freaking out at being 20 next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackmarshmallow)
    Is anyone else seriously freaking out at being 20 next year
    Its worse when you only have 4 months left to turn 20.

ReputationRep:
    مَنْ ظَلَمَ ثُمَّ بَدَّلَ حُسْنًا بَعْدَ سُوءٍ فَإِنِّي غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ

He who wrongs, then substitutes good after evil - indeed, I am Forgiving and Merciful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.