What are you listening to now? VII Watch

This discussion is closed.
alexschmalex
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm currently obsessed with Melvv's remix to that song!

https://soundcloud.com/itsmelvv/strange (waaaaay cleaner audio)
blackcurrent101
Badges: 17
Report 3 years ago
Imperion
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

After hearing that bass, I needed new windows. Take care sub users
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

WoodyMKC Wilfred Little Andy98 zKlown I see you guys like rap but don't necessarily rate grime, neither do I just certain artists. What about this? It picks up at 1:20 and you can tell he's improvising like he messes up in between and pauses, and reuses a couple of otherwise nice metaphors and similes so it's good since this is meant to be a freestyle.
Imperion
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

That breaks section :coma:
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 0to100)
WoodyMKC Wilfred Little Andy98 I see you guys like rap but don't necessarily rate grime, neither do I just certain artists. What about this? It picks up at 1:20 and you can tell he's improvising like he messes up in between and pauses, and reuses a couple of otherwise nice metaphors and similes so it's good since this is meant to be a freestyle.
I'll check it in a bit but letting you know beforehand I find Strapzy to be an annoying ****.

Also thought he was on a Road Rap thing?

And **** this forum. You go back in to edit your post after ten seconds and it leaves that little notice under your post.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

WoodyMKC Wilfred Little Andy98 I see you guys like rap but don't necessarily rate grime, neither do I just certain artists. What about this? It picks up at 1:20 and you can tell he's improvising like he messes up in between and pauses, and reuses a couple of otherwise nice metaphors and similes so it's good since this is meant to be a freestyle.
What gives you the impression I don't rate grime mate? I LOVE grime Have done on and off for the past 10+ years since the early days.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
I'll check it in a bit but letting you know beforehand I find Strapzy to be an annoying ****.

Also thought he was on a Road Rap thing?

And **** this forum. You go back in to edit your post after ten seconds and it leaves that little notice under your post.
Lol why, he's all right. And well to the naked ear people even brits and londoners confuse grime for road rap even Giggs has given up distinguishing, he said himself in this 2016 interview like he basically cba. So do you think grime is immature now or road rap or uk hip hop then? I personally prefer grime, I think road rap is a bit too US wanna be like if it weren't for the accents you'd think you're listening to bloody Mobb Deep or Dipset or something.

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
What gives you the impression I don't rate grime mate? I LOVE grime Have done on and off for the past 10+ years since the early days.
I saw you in the grime forum saying grime is immature or something
Professor L
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I saw you in the grime forum saying grime is immature or something
Are you sure? Doesn't seem like something I would have said.
Redflag99
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tehforum)
Arctic Monkeys- I bet you look good on the dancefloor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK7egZaT3hs
username1467365
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Echo and the Bunnymen - The Yo-Yo Man
pardon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No Role Modelz - J. Cole
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WoodyMKC)
Are you sure? Doesn't seem like something I would have said.
Ah nah mate don't do this. I remember specifically. I don't like being accused of lying or hallucinating lol. I don't wanna have to make a big deal and go back through your posts and quote you. I was just wondering if you liked the track lol
jackherbert077
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A Change of Heart - The 1975
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

lol seriously.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ah nah mate don't do this. I remember specifically. I don't like being accused of lying or hallucinating lol. I don't wanna have to make a big deal and go back through your posts and quote you. I was just wondering if you liked the track lol
Nah mate no beef or anything, I'm just genuinely bemused and can't think why I'd have said that. Do feel free to quote me as I genuinely just want to see it, everyone makes mistakes and clearly one of us is here, might be me haha but I just can't imagine it tbh. What thread was it on, the Grime Society one?

EDIT: Mate, you've literally got me going through my posts lol, filtered it to Music forum and I honestly can't find anything, in fact there are a tonne of posts I've made since 2013 talking about my favourite grime artists, albums, lyrics and all sorts. Must have been someone else with a name like mine maybe fella :lol: but I'm happy to be shown the error of my ways if I've missed something
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol why, he's all right. And well to the naked ear people even brits and londoners confuse grime for road rap even Giggs has given up distinguishing, he said himself in this 2016 interview like he basically cba. So do you think grime is immature now or road rap or uk hip hop then? I personally prefer grime, I think road rap is a bit too US wanna be like if it weren't for the accents you'd think you're listening to bloody Mobb Deep or Dipset or something.
That's because people are retards and think any British person rapping over a beat is Grime. I can definitely tell the difference.

Grime - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFptXHkYb1M
Not Grime - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkAlsvdQO38

It's all in the production tbh.

2nd link is actually one of the rare Road Rap tracks I happen to like. Most of it is utter ****e though.

And yeh, Grime is a kid's genre, when it is good I would take Grime over the others (as far as the UK is concerned) but the content of the lyrics is usually quite off putting, I'm fed up of hearing the same 'I'll do this and I'll do that' talk on the records and it is only getting worse. It is also going down the wrong route in terms of production imo and is straying from the skippier Garage type instrumentals that it developed from which is partly what made it so exciting in the first place, and merging with that awful American Trap stuff.

Most of the stuff I listen to now (if ever) is old radio sets from like 03-09.
Dappteman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Twenty one pilots
Kongos
X Ambassadors
Aurora
username1467365
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Echo and the Bunnymen - The Killing Moon

(Classic...)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads