Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    People are acting like we barely beat Bayern when it could have been 3-0 easily. Our defense was good most of the game but Costa was too dirty for anyone to handle. Muller was kept quiet and Lewa didn't get too many great chances.

We were a bit lucky that Lewa fluffed his shot after that brilliant turn against Kosc but we made the better chances. Walcott had good chances in the first half and Alexix shoudl have hit the target with his volley/half volley.
    If we had Ospina or Szczesny in goal, they would have scored 2 or 3 as well. Cech and Neuer were the two best players on the field.

(Original post by AR_95)
    Was going to say that Ramsey out is a blessing in disguise, considering how he's been quite poor (not just the last three games but overall this and last season), but then again we don't exactly have anyone to play on the RW instead other than Walcott.

just lol at people wanting Welbeck on the pitch too
    He hasn't been poor in anything except converting chances. Also, it's a shame we don't have a pacey young English RW who looks amazing and just needs game time, if only we had someone who looked like a teenage mutant ninja turtle to fill in.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Still full of adrenaline. Best I've felt after a win in a long, long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    If we had Ospina or Szczesny in goal, they would have scored 2 or 3 as well. Cech and Neuer were the two best players on the field.

He hasn't been poor in anything except converting chances. Also, it's a shame we don't have a pacey young English RW who looks amazing and just needs game time, if only we had someone who looked like a teenage mutant ninja turtle to fill in.
    ox is ****ing pants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    just lol at people calling last night a tactical master class by Wenger tho

we put out our standard starting 11. We didnt let Bayern have possession, Bayern took possession, and played their game and we were forced to hit them on the break for our only chances. I doubt it was a conscious decision to let them have 70% possession, and to voluntarily give a Pep side 70% possession is bordering on gross negligence as a manager.

I think if you play that match 10 times, Bayern win 7 times, and it was just one of those 3 times they dont.

It was no more of a tactical masterclass than me playing 5 centrebacks, 4 fullbacks and hitting lobbed through balls to Ronaldo on FIFA.

also shout out to bellerin, but questions raised on him being a RB. Costa skinned him alive throughout the game, and it was a very high risk move to attempt that 93 minute interception. Had he not won the ball, Costa had the whole right side of the pitch to himself, and people would be calling for his head for lunging out of his position, and showing no positional sense, and saying how naive he is.

1. simultaneously think that Bellerin is one of the best RB's in the league and that Bellerin is not a RB at all

srs

anyway moving forward, dont we have a 100% record in the Allianz, over Pep's years?
    You seem confused. Your argument being that Bayern having the majority of possession means that tactically we didn't play well? We had the better chances and hence scored the goals and won the game. It's nothing to similar to your analogy, which is actually very silly considering we didn't attempt the long ball strategy until Giroud came on, who was only holding up the ball to bring the team up the field and hence release pressure.

Not pressing the deep passers was a good move as they seemed unable to make that killer pass and all the space was filled. Wenger got it EXACTLY right. Also, I doubt it's ever a conscious decision from Wenger to let the other team dominate unless we're already in the lead.

All in all, stop talking about things you don't understand. And no we don't have a 100% record at the Allianz under Pep, we've drawn there once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    ox is ****ing pants
    He really isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    He really isn't.
    How many times has him losing the ball led to us conceding a goal?

Ox is over hyped to death I'm telling you. Some one got it spot on when they compared him to Zaha.

ReputationRep:
    Not like Sanchez lost the ball within 30yrds of his own goal. Twice.

Oh wait...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Not like Sanchez lost the ball within 30yrds of his own goal. Twice.

Oh wait...
    Sanchez makes up for it with his goals you pleb, Ox has nothing to his name

ReputationRep:
    Owen Hargreaves was terrible last night and sounded like a broken record. Kept on saying Arsenal should press as it's too easy for Bayern to pass it around (as well as his orgasms over Costa), what he doesn't get is that is that is exactly what Bayern want you to do so that space will open up for them. Arsenal did the right thing in not pressing too much otherwise they would of gotten sliced open.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Attachment 470683

This is the still (shocker I know) from that video I just posted where Bellerin makes the interception. Are you honestly trying to say that isn't a 50/50 and that he hasn't taken the ball off the toes of the Bayern defender? Top ****ing banter
    The angle is **** for still frame though.

He hasn't taken it off his toe. His leg wasn't even near the ball here- which your still frame shows. If you watch the video, you'll notice the attempt to foul bellerin comes after bellerin touch the ball. It's not human/ super human possible for him to have his leg near the ball and then try to foul hector in the same motion (given he only used his left leg and used it once); watch the **** properly and you'll see that he was stretching to be even able to foul/ impede hector- which he failed. By the time he got to the place where hector took the ball, he was long gone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n3fbGSGwpyY

If he took it off his toe, why didn't he foul him? And why was hector able to maintain control throughout the process?

Your other post was ignored as on skim reading it was poverty galore. At worst case scenario, the player goes towards ox/ into an area where we have 3 players. So whatever scenario you want to concoct with your 'ifs' it was chill.

ReputationRep:
    I kinda agree with the ox zaha comparison. He's just not kicking on at all.

ReputationRep:
    Even if Bellerin missed the interception, he still would have used his pace to recover in time. The guy's insane.

ReputationRep:
    Ox is a very talented player but he's still very unintelligent. Not something I see him improving on any time soon, but I hope I'm wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Let's not forget that Theo had his breakthrough when he 23/24 in 12/13 before then alot people questioned him about his intelligence, consistency and being a one trick pony. "Theo Walnut" is what people liked to call him back then, can see resemblances to Ox there

There was quite alot of resistance about him getting a new contract at the time but since then he's pretty much established himself as a key player for us.

There's hope for Ox he has all the tools to be a massive success tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Let's not forget that Theo had his breakthrough when he 23/24 in 12/13 before then alot people questioned him about his intelligence, consistency and being a one trick pony. "Theo Walnut" is what people liked to call him back then, can see resemblances to Ox there

There was quite alot of resistance about him getting a new contract at the time but since then he's pretty much established himself as a key player for us.

For once I have to agree with Sev here. Ox definitely has his weaknesses. He can be really wasteful of possession. At the same time, he's only 22, hasn't actually had any prolonged runs of starting games, and in my opinion, he has potential. Certain games, for England too, he has been the only player running at opposition defences and causing all kinds of problems.

I would stick with him. Maybe his development hasn't been as quick as people would've liked, but in a few years time I reckon he'll be a decent player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Sanchez makes up for it with his goals you pleb, Ox has nothing to his name
    But he still loses the ball.

Had Bayern been on it yesterday then those would have went in and Mr big game didn't look like scoring to make up for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)

Theo Walnut, not heard that being said for a long, long time.

ReputationRep:
    Love reading old forums

http://www.onlinegooner.com/forum/vi...hp?f=1&t=32276

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightice)
    Love reading old forums

http://www.onlinegooner.com/forum/vi...hp?f=1&t=32276
    Who was there sticking up for Theo in 2013? None other your resident football expert Sevchenko (not srs...semi srs)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=#post41099981

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.