Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    People saying one defeat has caused this distress are wrong. It's a build up of errors and shortcomings from the board and Wenger, stretching as far back as 2011.

- Selling world class first team players

- Replacing those world class players with average (in some cases slightly better) for a snip of the price received. Eg, Giroud for RVP; Arteta for Song.

- Dithering in the transfer market - so many players have been within our grasp yet still managed to get away.

- An overall lack of ambition - they seem to aspire for only 4th and CL football.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I still think we can get a score draw on Wednesday. For some reason, we perform quite well when everything is against us.

UTD's £28m bid for Fellaini and Baines is a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We're ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    We're ****ed.
    Tottenham are now favourites to land Willian. They're going from strength to strength and relentless in the market. Is Wenger actually waiting for the deadline day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If we wait till deadline day and then sign Suarez, Williams, Begovic and Bender then would anyone really care? We don't know what happens behind the scenes so wait till the end of the transfer window before judging Wenger's transfer policy

ReputationRep:
    How have Southampton managed to spend £36m? It's all well saying they've spent well but I don't understand how they've got their money. Same with Spurs, they don't look like they'll be selling Bale this season.

Here we are with the largest cash reserves and no one is doing anything about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    How have Southampton managed to spend £36m? It's all well saying they've spent well but I don't understand how they've got their money. Same with Spurs, they don't look like they'll be selling Bale this season.

Here we are with the largest cash reserves and no one is doing anything about it.
    Spurs have a rich owner who's always pumped money in. Soton recently got bought out too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    If we wait till deadline day and then sign Suarez, Williams, Begovic and Bender then would anyone really care? We don't know what happens behind the scenes so wait till the end of the transfer window before judging Wenger's transfer policy
    People judge his transfer policy because they think business should have been done sooner. I agree with your point that we don't the ins and outs, but we had 4 games till the end of the window. 2 vs Fernabache, arguably the biggest games of our season at this moment. If we had all 4 players you listed available, wouldn't you feel more comfortable? It's frustrating, because other teams have brought in players quickly compared to us.

ReputationRep:
    No matter what happens on deadline day, this summer has been a catstrophe. To leave the signings until the final minute is poor, lessons should have been learnt from 2011. But still, if these players come in (which there is a 0.5% chance of happening) most of us will be happy because that would be serious business. It's frustrating, that's all.

In June I wrote on this thread we'll have to wait until end of August for transfers because I know Wenger thinks too highly of this squad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still cannot believe people are supporting Wenger.

It's this blind support for him which has lead us to this position. If fans had risen up 3/4 years ago we wouldn't be here.

Also Suarez isn't coming. Bender isn't coming. Willian isn't coming. Caesar isn't coming. Begovic isn't coming. Martinez isn't coming.

We will get our ligue 2 import.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    What's happened to "In Wenger we trust"?

I'd hate for that all to be a massive waste of time.
    sorted that for you

ReputationRep:
    Rumour has it Arsenal are gonna bid £25m for Michu. Pure desperation at the Emirates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the most embarrasing thing is that at least 3 or 4 years ago, we had potentially a great team that was capable of challenging for main honours with 2 or 3 additions. The team right now is an absolute shambles and needs a complete overhaul.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AHP1)
    People judge his transfer policy because they think business should have been done sooner. I agree with your point that we don't the ins and outs, but we had 4 games till the end of the window. 2 vs Fernabache, arguably the biggest games of our season at this moment. If we had all 4 players you listed available, wouldn't you feel more comfortable? It's frustrating, because other teams have brought in players quickly compared to us.
    It's frustrating but we don't know why it hasn't been done yet. So we can't automatically assume that it's incompetence. I'd rather have the likes of Bender on deadline day than the likes of Capoue in July. We should just wait till the end of the window before judging it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    I think the most embarrasing thing is that at least 3 or 4 years ago, we had potentially a great team that was capable of challenging for main honours with 2 or 3 additions. The team right now is an absolute shambles and needs a complete overhaul.
    Very true. Every year the team significantly weakened. I would say the only real quality signings over the last few years are Santi Cazorla and Laurent Koscielny. Every other signing has been mediocre.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's frustrating but we don't know why it hasn't been done yet. So we can't automatically assume that it's incompetence. I'd rather have the likes of Bender on deadline day than the likes of Capoue in July. We should just wait till the end of the window before judging it.
    Bender isn't coming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Bender isn't coming.
    Based on what? He's an excellent DM who would cost between 20m-25m so within our means. He'd probably fancy us over Leverkusen as well...

ReputationRep:
    You need to wake up if you think we're gonna players like Suarez, Rooney, Bender and so on this summer.

Be realistic - I see the best player us getting is Michu and even then I don't think we'll meet Swansea's valuation. Whichever you look at it, this summer has been an absolute shambles.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arda Turan's agent says he's going to join an epl team, weve been linked before...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Based on what? He's an excellent DM who would cost between 20m-25m so within our means. He'd probably fancy us over Leverkusen as well...
    There is no way in the world Wenger would pay 20m for a DM.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.