Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJaneH)
    Hi, I've got an interview at Keble for law, and although I'm feeling quite confident with the law based questions, I'm actually struggling the most with the 'why law', 'why Oxford' etc questions, so if you could possibly help me with those that would be great. I think that it sounds like you're doing everything you need to, perhaps if you've read any law books make sure that you've got a few key points from them that you can remember and use in your interview, but think that's it
    Well for me personally I really want to study law to then go on and use that as a tool to help people in the future , but it's totally your own decision what the response to that question will be and it's really personal, I'm sure you can dig deep and find the reason In terms of why Oxford I'll probably just say something like it's worldwide achievements idk... To be honest with you , they don't reallyyyy care about the responses to those questions I don't think x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mna_98)
    Well for me personally I really want to study law to then go on and use that as a tool to help people in the future , but it's totally your own decision what the response to that question will be and it's really personal, I'm sure you can dig deep and find the reason In terms of why Oxford I'll probably just say something like it's worldwide achievements idk... To be honest with you , they don't reallyyyy care about the responses to those questions I don't think x
    Okay thanks, I just asked cause I had a mock interview today and they were the questions that I felt the least confident with. How are you feeling about the interviews, are yours next week? x

ReputationRep:
    CJaneH Thank you very much, fella Have a nice day

The Spartan I think I did ok, apart from the 2nd question, so I reckon I got around 60 as well .. So I just found out from CJaneH that they will give their replies to international applicants tomorrow or on Thursday.. Are you from the UK or outside the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rose7812)
    oh wow, no wonder you got an interview! congrats, hope it goes well!
    Aw, thank you! I hope your applications are going well too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Medicine rejection, as expected. Best of luck to all other medics/applicants with their interviews
    I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm sure you'll smash the others
    Do you mind sharing your bmat scores?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by opaleyedragon)
    CJaneH Thank you very much, fella Have a nice day

The Spartan I think I did ok, apart from the 2nd question, so I reckon I got around 60 as well .. So I just found out from CJaneH that they will give their replies to international applicants tomorrow or on Thursday.. Are you from the UK or outside the UK?
    i also hated question 2
    i am in the UK
    i think i get mine tomorrow too then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    Congratulations, I got mine a couple minutes ago too
    What college are you applying for?
    Good luck on your interview!

ReputationRep:
    Getting super excited for next week now! Any lawyers feel free to message me and we can develop a squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    Congratulations, I've got one too for St Hugh's and LMH
    I don't think they particularly care whether or not you have a nose stud, 99% certain they care more about your ability as a doctor/academic than your decision to pierce your nose

Congrats!!! I got one at St Hugh's too, which day are you going?

ReputationRep:
    Any other Merton Physics applicants receive the good news today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misstac)
    I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm sure you'll smash the others
    Do you mind sharing your bmat scores?
    Thanks, I don't mind too much
    Np, they weren't very good actually so I was expecting the rejection
    5.2, 4.9, 3A XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    WHATTTTT?!?! You of all people? That's madness.

Oh well, you'll get into somewhere equally as kickass.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahah, I'm by no means perfect :lol: My BMAT score was a major weakness in my application, so it was expected XD

Thanks dude

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Merton for Physics

their loss, I qualified for the BMO, so I'll be heading to either Warwick or Birmingham hopefully, good luck to everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    Also, does anyone know why I got an interview at two different colleges on the same day? Does it bear any significance to how strong they think my application is? My first choice college was Univ where I got an interview, but I also have one at Balliol later that day, instead of two at Univ. Is it because Univ is unsure if they'd really want me?
    How did u find out what colleges offer you interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anomalouse)
    Interview at Exeter!!
    Congrats!! btw what did you apply to read?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJaneH)
    Of course it's not bad, if you've got an interview then you're just as good as all the other interviewees, regardless of what books you have or haven't read. If you're really really nervous I'd recommend taking some tablets or using a spray like rescue remedy just to calm yourself down on the day. I haven't had a mock interview yet, (I've got one on Tuesday) but I'm just trying to make sure that whilst my answers are relevant to Oxford and the Jurisprudence course, that they don't sound overdone or fake. Everyone wants to go to Oxford at least partly because of its reputation but you need to have a more personal answer. Btw, which college is interviewing you?
    Thanks for the advice - i feel realllly underprepared. My interview is for Oriel. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gkallikas)
    Good luck on your interview!
    Thanks man, did you hear back?

(Original post by Eveliina97)
    Congrats!!! I got one at St Hugh's too, which day are you going?
    Of course you did though, you have like one of the best scores I've seen
    I'm there on the 13th-14th, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)

their loss, I qualified for the BMO, Warwick or Birmingham for me
    Haha, I like your attitude good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)

their loss, I qualified for the BMO, Warwick or Birmingham for me
    You should have applied to Imperial. Your stats are too good for just Warwick or Bham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy revision)
    How did u find out what colleges offer you interview?
    It was in the email they sent

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.