Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Interesting that the club think we can make an extra £20mil from the increase in seating and corporate facilities from the stadium work. Also they're going to sell the naming rights of one of the stands for another £5mil.

A £25mil increase in revenues a year isn't too shabby?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...r-9978575.html
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Interesting that the club think we can make an extra £20mil from the increase in seating and corporate facilities from the stadium work. Also they're going to sell the naming rights of one of the stands for another £5mil.

A £25mil increase in revenues a year isn't too shabby?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...r-9978575.html
    Only got two more years left of the New Balance/Warrior kit deal, too, so am guessing we'll sign a lucrative one in the next 18 months. Hopefully we don't go with them again.

Not adverse to naming one of the stands. Hopefully it's a company with a bit of a historical link to us. Carlsberg would be great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Only got two more years left of the New Balance/Warrior kit deal, too, so am guessing we'll sign a lucrative one in the next 18 months. Hopefully we don't go with them again.

Not adverse to naming one of the stands. Hopefully it's a company with a bit of a historical link to us. Carlsberg would be great.
    I think we need to step up our performances on the pitch if we want another lucrative deal.

Carlsberg don't pay enough. It's why they were dropped for Standard Chartered.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think we need to step up our performances on the pitch if we want another lucrative deal.

Carlsberg don't pay enough. It's why they were dropped for Standard Chartered.
    Am guessing the naming rights for a stand would be less than a front-of-kit sponsorship?

ReputationRep:
    Am guessing the naming rights for a stand would be less than a front-of-kit sponsorship?
    Yea it's only expected to raise about £5mil a year. But then you get very little coverage compared to a front of kit sponsorship.

Think Carlsberg were only willing to pay £14mil a year for shirt sponsor but Standard Chartered came in with £20mil+

Carlsberg are our official beer brand sponsors at the moment anyway.
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/late...-sign-new-deal

ReputationRep:
    Gutted I'm working a painful 3-11pm shift on Saturday.
    Gonna miss the entire Villa game; really hope we win.

Although I'll get to see all 3 of our cup games so I suppose that's something!

I'm just a little worried we're gonna go ham against Chelsea and then have a cupset against Bolton :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Gutted I'm working a painful 3-11pm shift on Saturday.
    Gonna miss the entire Villa game; really hope we win.

Although I'll get to see all 3 of our cup games so I suppose that's something!

I'm just a little worried we're gonna go ham against Chelsea and then have a cupset against Bolton :/
    Better not against Bolton since I'll be at Anfield that day

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ayre-la-galaxy

“I’ve said openly to Steven and his representatives, as have Brendan and the owners, that we see Steven as part of the family,” he told Liverpool radio station City Talk. “The fact that he’s leaving at the end of the season doesn’t mean it’s the last we’ll see of him at Liverpool. What that means, the details aren’t known yet, but we will keep a regular dialogue with him and I hope we will see him here again in the long term.”

Asked if that could mean a return on loan next January, Ayre said: “It’s conceivable. It happens a lot in MLS and it’s something we talked to Steven and his representatives about. You can’t have someone who has so much of the club’s DNA in them and just expect that it will go away.”
    Would be nice to see him come back and do an Henry.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Same!

Ayre says we made Gerrard a "substantial" offer, and he may return on loan. No surprises there.

ReputationRep:
    Same!

Ayre says we made Gerrard a "substantial" offer, and he may return on loan. No surprises there.
    I'm excited. It's only the 3rd time I've made it to Anfield (watched Liverpool in London a couple of times too).

ReputationRep:
    you never know!
    really hope we can somehow overcome chelsea because it would be spurs or sheff utd in the final
    obviously you can never call a final but i'd definitely fancy our chances at a trophy there!
    the problem is how the hell do you beat chelsea...

any trophy would be nice tbh - i know people always slate the league cup but funnily enough, those are usually the people that are out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Same!
    Same!

I imagine this thread will be rather quiet.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm excited. It's only the 3rd time I've made it to Anfield (watched Liverpool in London a couple of times too).
    Never been to an away day unfortunately.

Been to Anfield a couple of times a season since 03/04 thankfully, though. Went to both League Cup games at Anfield and Swansea in the league the other week this season, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Same!

i'll still be here.....talking to myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    you never know!
    really hope we can somehow overcome chelsea because it would be spurs or sheff utd in the final
    obviously you can never call a final but i'd definitely fancy our chances at a trophy there!
    the problem is how the hell do you beat chelsea...

any trophy would be nice tbh - i know people always slate the league cup but funnily enough, those are usually the people that are out of it.
    We just need to Luis Garcia them and then watch Mourinho explode.

The first leg is at Anfield so hopefully we can get a good result and then grind out a draw at Stamford Bridge ala Benitez.

(Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Same!

It's fine, we can all post from our smartphones :awesome:

Never been to an away day unfortunately.

Been to Anfield a couple of times a season since 03/04 thankfully, though. Went to both League Cup games at Anfield and Swansea in the league the other week this season, too.
    Saw Liverpool play at Craven Cottage and at Stamford Bridge (latter in a cup competition) but was sat with the neutral/home fans and not the Liverpool fans

ReputationRep:
    Lallana is ahead of schedule, if he doesn't play against Villa he should be available for the Chelsea game

ReputationRep:
    Who do you think will win? Liverpool or Chelsea?

ReputationRep:

The first leg is at Anfield so hopefully we can get a good result and then grind out a draw at Stamford Bridge ala Benitez.
    you forget that rodgers as a manager doesn't know what "grinding out a draw" is.
    chelsea will go ham either way - mourinho may not care about the league cup but there's no way he'll want to lose against liverpool.

(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Who do you think will win? Liverpool or Chelsea?
    logically chelsea should win - they have better players in every single position.
    but since when has football ever been logical?:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    you forget that rodgers as a manager doesn't know what "grinding out a draw" is.
    chelsea will go ham either way - mourinho may not care about the league cup but there's no way he'll want to lose against liverpool.

logically chelsea should win - they have better players in every single position.
    but since when has football ever been logical?:cool:
    Neverrrrr

ReputationRep:
    Goal Line Technology

It's fine, we can all post from our smartphones :awesome:
    Nah 3G reception there is awful, unless you're in the Centenary Stand with wifi.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.