We'll beat you next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Say promise?

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool looking scarehhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    Liverpool looking scarehhh
    We beat Dortmund 4-0 in pre-season a few years ago and that didn't do us much good

Outstanding performance but we need to remember it's only pre-season is and not to get carried away.

Barca are an attacking team meaning that we can counter well and there's space for us to play in to. Against a team like West Brom or Chelsea who will park the bus, we'll struggle so much more...

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool fans be like "Suarez must be regretting his decision right now".
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    4-0 Grujic

ReputationRep:
    So we absolutely thrashed a Barca team containing Messi, Suarez, etc.

Would be classic Liverpool to mess up against an injury-plagued Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    Tbh they just did what city did when they played you last year

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, the defensive partnership of Gabriel and Chambers will quell your attacking danger.

ReputationRep:
    More of the same next Sunday please

ReputationRep:
    Lots of positives to take from beating Barcelona 4-0 (even if it is a friendly), Mané was very, very good and I've been really impressed with Klavan in pre-season as well.
    Our record away to Arsenal is really, really poor (only managed 1 win in the last 10) so hopefully this performance will give us the momentum we need to address that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    Don't worry, the defensive partnership of Gabriel and Chambers will quell your attacking danger.
    Depends how you play tbh.

Barca were full of mistakes today and couldn't cope with our pressing, however Arsenal on their day can pass beautifully so could get around that.

You're at home but missing a few big players so hopefully should be a more balanced game.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Euston, fans of other clubs are arriving back in London asking "did you REALLY win 4-0?".
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    We beat Dortmund 4-0 in pre-season a few years ago and that didn't do us much good

Outstanding performance but we need to remember it's only pre-season is and not to get carried away.

Barca are an attacking team meaning that we can counter well and there's space for us to play in to. Against a team like West Brom or Chelsea who will park the bus, we'll struggle so much more...
    We beat Barca in pre season last year and look how that worked out

ReputationRep:
    Good stuff. Get those hopes up :coma:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mane is a top player. Very good signing for Liverpool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    We beat Barca in pre season last year and look how that worked out
    Precisely, like I said it's largely down to playing style.

Obviously West Brom are nowhere near as good as Barca quality wise, but we'd still have a tougher time breaking them down and that's the issue for us.

I have to say I was a little disappointed that we got Mané instead of Götze, however seeing how much his blistering pace adds to the side, it could actually have benefitted us in the end.

Only pre-season though, a long way to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Good stuff. Get those hopes up :coma:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Like your hopes of your 100m signing actually being worth 100m??!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I went the game today and from early on Liverpool looked he better team. James Milner had a load of space on the left and I'm surprised you lot didn't exploit it more early on. Barca were utterly utterly abject and messi was way too deep and totally ineffective out on the left aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Like your hopes of your 100m signing actually being worth 100m??!!!!!!
    He obviously is, given there's no better area to spend the money and it would probably just end up in the Glazers' pockets

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.