Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    We need to exit the Geneva convention.
    Why? What difference will that make? We'd be no better than them.

(Original post by banterboy)
    Andy98

you realise the war against ISIS is being won? They're loing loads of territory.

The good thing about isis is that it is an actual military fighting an actual war. We can deal with that.
    Yes, we're defeating this group of ragheads; but we always end up losing a ridiculous number of lives. The main issue is that; we can blow people off the map, but we can't do that with their ideology. Nor can they with ours, it's about time both sides figured that out.

(Original post by Faland)
    I hope this place still does laphroaig :beard:
    Holy ****, you're still alive :eek:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I would like to know why you quickly disappeared.
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Welcome back Hope all is well

Why did you mysteriously disappear?
    Basically I had a really rough week where I was in hospital for partying too hard low blood pressure. It meant I was a bit befuddled, had messed up energy levels and wasn't really on top of anything, let alone MHoC. When I was back to normal after a week I just decided to let things move on since I hadn't really been enjoying the role (as Paddy accurately predicted when I was elected). Besides, my plan was to gracefully retire once I'd done a year. Since leaving I went on to a RL role in my SU that took up a tonne of time, but now that that's over I thought I'd make a dramatic return a la Gandalf post-Balrog

(Original post by Andy98)
    This must be the MHoC's answer to Easter Monday :angel:

(Original post by RayApparently)
    Faland Hey, how've you been?! :eek: :eek:
    I've been good, just super super busy with the ol' degree. How's yourself? I see from the wiki pages you've had quite the political journey!
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Basically I had a really rough week where I was in hospital for partying too hard low blood pressure. It meant I was a bit befuddled, had messed up energy levels and wasn't really on top of anything, let alone MHoC. When I was back to normal after a week I just decided to let things move on since I hadn't really been enjoying the role (as Paddy accurately predicted when I was elected). Besides, my plan was to gracefully retire once I'd done a year. Since leaving I went on to a RL role in my SU that took up a tonne of time, but now that that's over I thought I'd make a dramatic return a la Gandalf post-Balrog

This must be the MHoC's answer to Easter Monday :angel:

I've been good, just super super busy with the ol' degree. How's yourself? I see from the wiki pages you've had quite the political journey!
    Welcome back! I'd only really been an MP for a couple of months when you left but it's nevertheless nice to see you back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Why? What difference will that make? We'd be no better than them.

Yes, we're defeating this group of ragheads; but we always end up losing a ridiculous number of lives. The main issue is that; we can blow people off the map, but we can't do that with their ideology. Nor can they with ours, it's about time both sides figured that out.

so we just kill of of them, simple
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    Basically I had a really rough week where I was in hospital for partying too hard low blood pressure. It meant I was a bit befuddled, had messed up energy levels and wasn't really on top of anything, let alone MHoC. When I was back to normal after a week I just decided to let things move on since I hadn't really been enjoying the role (as Paddy accurately predicted when I was elected). Besides, my plan was to gracefully retire once I'd done a year. Since leaving I went on to a RL role in my SU that took up a tonne of time, but now that that's over I thought I'd make a dramatic return a la Gandalf post-Balrog :
    Welcome back, it's good to see you again! I am sorry to hear what you've gone through, but hope you're feeling better now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banterboy)
    so we just kill of of them, simple
    that is so simple minded

ReputationRep:
    Um, the Turkish PM has basically said that any country that 'stands by' Gulen will be considered at war with Turkey... which means the USA, where Gulen lives in exile.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cBay)
    Um, the Turkish PM has basically said that any country that 'stands by' Gulem will be considered at war with Turkey... which means the USA, where Gulem lives in exile.
    I look forwards to the declaration

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    Um, the Turkish PM has basically said that any country that 'stands by' Gulen will be considered at war with Turkey... which means the USA, where Gulen lives in exile.
    Interesting. I'm not quite sure Turkey has considered just how powerful the US military is.

This is a country that fifteen years ago was planning to wage war on seven fronts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Interesting. I'm not quite sure Turkey has considered just how powerful the US military is.

This is a country that fifteen years ago was planning to wage war on seven fronts.
    Well it's interesting that Erdogan finally 'apologised' to Putin just a couple of weeks ago.

I'm still thinking this might have been false flag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    Well it's interesting that Erdogan finally 'apologised' to Putin just a couple of weeks ago.

I'm still thinking this might have been false flag
    No doubt. He was also quite close to Putin before the jet got shot down.

As i've said before, proxy wars are back (Ukraine, Syria and probably Turkey if the president goes nuts).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ladies and gentlemen: generation snowflake

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016..._id=sf31093803

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Turkey have cut off access and power to Incirlik, the US shared military base in Turkey where they store nuclear weapons and conduct their operations against IS from.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cBay)
    Turkey have cut off access and power to Incirlik, the US shared military base in Turkey where they store nuclear weapons and conduct their operations against IS from.
    And I would expect the base has major power generation capacity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm now waiting for people to use theses attacks against the idea of Brexit ..... I have predicted the terrorists attacks in Europe following the brexit vote will be blamed on the instability the vote has called .....Since when has Europe be stable i mean if the french can't prevent terrorism and as usual the french government comes back with the same response , Extend the state of emergency and wait for the next one .... After France has been bullied and terrorised for to long i very hope the french military really hit back and terrorise the middle east and it's people .....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    I'm now waiting for people to use theses attacks against the idea of Brexit ..... I have predicted the terrorists attacks in Europe following the brexit vote will be blamed on the instability the vote has called .....Since when has Europe be stable i mean if the french can't prevent terrorism and as usual the french government comes back with the same response , Extend the state of emergency and wait for the next one .... After France has been bullied and terrorised for to long i very hope the french military really hit back and terrorise the middle east and it's people .....
    Bryant has already suggested Turkey was due to Brexit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's this then, 75% of news stories relating to Jeremy Corbyn misrepresent his views. Not really surprising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    What's this then, 75% of news stories relating to Jeremy Corbyn misrepresent his views. Not really surprising.
    Surprising it wasn't more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Ladies and gentlemen: generation snowflake

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016..._id=sf31093803

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im impressed that he trained as a psychiatrist sufficiently to diagnose himself as having PTSD

ReputationRep:
    On who will make a better Prime Minister:
    T. May: 58%
    J. Corbyn: 19%
    (via ComRes)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.