Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Well done . Are you happy?
    Yeah I'm really happy about the A*s but not so much for English because my coursework grade is saying B but it was really high
    Last year my school messed up our coursework and my marks went down like 10 marks
    I'm pissed off because I think it's happened again

ReputationRep:
    Hi, all! I got into my first choice with Edge Hill. (Yes, I know it isn't the best University considering all of you lot are smashing it with A*s!!) However, for my ability it was the best place for me. The campus is amazing! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had the mark scheme for HIS3B (AQA). My exam mark was extremely lower than expected and my teachers were shocked too. They expect that one of the examiners missed a page out. So they said that I should go for a priority mark. Anyway, before I spend £50 odd, It would be good to see the mark scheme to know if I ****ed up or not ! Cheers

I hope everyone got what they wanted and deserve!

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least my grades are good enough that I won't get disowned!
    On an unrelated note, how good is Integrated Engineering at Cardiff University?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bdotjelly)
    Got a C in my English exam which I don't understand
    And my coursework must have gotten pulled down to a B which means I got a B overall for English
    Those OCR grade boundaries were the devil
    I'm so annoyed
    Did anyone else face the same thing with OCR?
    Have you considered getting a re-mark of your paper?

ReputationRep:
    If your Insurance is saying Unconditional, you will need to call them and ask them to 'release' you into Clearing.

Call them up now :yep:
    It just says all call administrators are busy please call back later and hangs up

ReputationRep:
    I got AAB!

The B is in AS politics Edexcel, it was ONE MARK OFF AN A! Is it worth the remark?

PLEASE HELP

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was predicted BCC and managed to get AAB! I'm ecstatic!! However, I only needed to get CCC for my firm university choice and now I don't know what to do I'm going travelling in two hours to make it more stressful

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Eleonore;67022992]
    If your Insurance is saying Unconditional, you will need to call them and ask them to 'release' you into Clearing.

Thanks! trying to calling them but line busy
    (Original post by Conal551)
    It just says all call administrators are busy please call back later and hangs up
    Both of you keep trying. When it hangs up, try again!

(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Thank you I'm going to be predicted fairly average but I'm going to email some unis and ask them on whether I could apply for a course that wants ABB with my BBB predictions.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I got into Oxford A*A*AA for law AMA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reda2)
    My firm choice IS actually in clearing..?
    Just to clarify, you applied to your chosen course entering in Year 1 and this morning, based on your results, your firmed university has accepted you on the foundation year without discussing it with you?

Best bet is to ring up and find out why they have done that. If you do choose to change course/university, the option to add a Clearing choice will not show on UCAS until 3pm today, so don't stress. Take the time to think about your decision and call around.

If your firm university have offered you a place on their foundation course, it is likely your results will allow you to go through Clearing and find a different university that will take you on as a Year 1 student.

ReputationRep:
    I survived!! I got A* B D and A* Extended Project (I'm a little annoyed about the B because I was on for A* but still quite proud of myself because I got a D when I was on for a U in that one) Got a place at Liverpool for Classical Studies and Egyptology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Well done. Did you get into your firm?
    Indeed I did! ^_^
    Got into Loughborough which required AAA for Mathematics.

ReputationRep:
    Got an A in my English AS. If I get a remark will I keep the highest mark or will I get the lower one if it goes down?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise12307)
    I got AAB!

The B is in AS politics Edexcel, it was ONE MARK OFF AN A! Is it worth the remark?

PLEASE HELP

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes definitely!

ReputationRep:
    Turns out i missed my offer but imperial still accepted me so now I can die in peace. 😭😭😄😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    Indeed I did! ^_^
    Got into Loughborough which required AAA for Mathematics.
    Nice. Have a good time at Uni then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise12307)
    I got AAB!

PLEASE HELP

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If it's AS, then yes. If it's A2 and you've met your offer, then no. If you've missed your offer, then yes.

(Original post by jxnnywilsxn)
    I was predicted BCC and managed to get AAB! I'm ecstatic!! However, I only needed to get CCC for my firm university choice and now I don't know what to do I'm going travelling in two hours to make it more stressful
    Yayyy!

Have you considered adjustment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver Daniels)
    Got an A in my English AS. If I get a remark will I keep the highest mark or will I get the lower one if it goes down?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why would you remark? A is the highest grade you can get at AS. And if the grade goes down you have to keep the low grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seahorse1209)
    I got into Oxford A*A*AA for law AMA
    (Original post by OwlMagic153)
    I survived!! I got A* B D and A* Extended Project (I'm a little annoyed about the B because I was on for A* but still quite proud of myself because I got a D when I was on for a U in that one) Got a place at Liverpool for Classical Studies and Egyptology
    (Original post by victoria98)
    Turns out i missed my offer but imperial still accepted me so now I can die in peace. 😭😭😄😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations everyone!

ReputationRep:
    :console: . Want to talk about it?

Well it may not seem bad to some people, but i got BBCD. I was just expecting more from myself and i worked so hard to get them. That really hurts

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.