Turn on thread page Beta

The European/World Football Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Watching the first half of the inter match. Despite inter losing 1-0, coutinho is a flairy little player, got loads of pace, good at passing and dribbling, I think sneijder likes playing with him too. Milito has been off the pace, but he did get injured early on and he picked up near the end of the first half.
    Think the match will finish 2-1 or 3-2 to inter.

ReputationRep:
    Conte banned for 10 months.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent Supercoppa Italiana going on right now. Napoli beating Juve 2-1 at the half.

ReputationRep:
    Own goal, yikes! PSG nearly scored just before that too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Own goal, yikes! PSG nearly scored just before that too!
    Shame they came back but Ibra was a class above. Glad to see ESPN pick Ligue 1 up, the volume and diversity of their football coverage is really quite impressive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK.)
    Shame they came back but Ibra was a class above. Glad to see ESPN pick Ligue 1 up, the volume and diversity of their football coverage is really quite impressive.
    I think i was more stunned to see Jeremie Aliadiere get past 3 defenders and score than PSG going 2-0 down! Ibra could have got a hat-trick too had that header not gone narrowly wide, i thought it was in as soon as it hit his head.
    Their coverage just adds another reason not to go out on a Saturday really, more football to watch!

(Original post by aa22)
    In terms of Porto. Jackson scares me... I can see him becoming an absolute monster...
    Haha, maybe you were right to be scared of him. I could get used to his 90th minute winners.

Supertaca, 4th season in a row... not bad, i guess.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm so exciting! the Bundesliga will be begin very soon. And Werder Bremen, my favorite club, will start against the champion and cup winner Dortmund.

ReputationRep:
    Very entertaining start to the Eredivisie season!

Some very good games, but I won't spoil the scores if some people don't know them and wish to watch the highlight program, which is below...

http://eredivisielive.nl/video/71377...elronde-1.html

90 minutes has begonnen! :gah:

ReputationRep:
    Their coverage just adds another reason not to go out on a Saturday really, more football to watch!
    Why can't there be more women like that!

I'm kinda glad Rodwell has left Everton, it could perhaps free our funds up a little to get a pacey winger which we could really use. Would love it if Johnson on loan was part of the deal too. Rodwell still has potential but he hasn't really been living up to expectations, and he has had his injury/consistency problems over the years so I think it's not bad business really. Would of preferred him to leave when there was a big buzz around him a year or two ago when he was getting priced at £30 million though...

ReputationRep:
    Italy XI v England for the friendly tomorrow: Sirigu, Abate, Ogbonna, Astori, Balzaretti, De Rossi, Nocerino, Aquilani, Diamanti, Destro, El Shaarawy

ReputationRep:
    Sneijder is the new Netherlands captain, with Huntelaar set to start ahead of RVP for the time being.

LVG: "I may in the future choose Van Persie but for now my central striker is Huntelaar. He will not give up & that's a good thing."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    The best goal: Altintop. :gah:
    You having a laugh? Cisse's 2nd v Chelsea?

ReputationRep:
    Messi, Ronaldo & Iniesta for Player of Year!

What about Xavi? One of best players in the world

ReputationRep:
    Iniesta is solely in there on the back of Euro 2012 as he didn't really do much over the course of the season. Ozil should have been in there over him, so should RVP.

ReputationRep:
    I think i was more stunned to see Jeremie Aliadiere get past 3 defenders and score than PSG going 2-0 down! Ibra could have got a hat-trick too had that header not gone narrowly wide, i thought it was in as soon as it hit his head.

Haha, maybe you were right to be scared of him. I could get used to his 90th minute winners.

Supertaca, 4th season in a row... not bad, i guess.
    Expected Porto to win that.. I was kinda hoping for penalties though and somehow for Academica to sneak it.

Oh well. I swear you lot win the Supertaca every single time >_<

Can't wait for saturday. What a start to the league for us, hopefully we win though!

ReputationRep:
    Reports saying Bayern have signed Javi Martinez for €40m [£31.5m].

Great player, though I think they've got their priorities wrong, unless they intend to play him at CB full time.

ReputationRep:
    Javi Martinez for €40 million jheeeeeeeez the transfer window is really going to kick off now.

Mental.

ReputationRep:
    Think Javi Martinez is a fantastic signing for Bayern, exactly what they need. The price is crazy though.

ReputationRep:
    You know it's a crazy transfer window when defenders are proving to be the most expensive signings.

ReputationRep:
    Argentina are toying with Germany right now, 2-0 and a man up.

I just need something to take my mind off RvP

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.