Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not taking into account on numerous occasions that Barca were pretty much unbeatable under Pep and then had the best attacking trio in history last year...

ReputationRep:
    Used to be a big Ronaldo fan, but the way he's got real *****y when other players score apart from him has taken the gloss of his stature as one of the greats for me. A phenomenal goal scorer, but for me Messi will always have that something special that CR7 just doesn't.

Think he'll leave for pastures new within the next 18 months now that he's beat Raul, and I think Madrid will be better for it.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like what Real did there, they should've backed off.

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldo looks like a guy who doesn't want to be at Real.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Balague: "Rayo Vallecano boss Paco complained in the press conference afterwards that it was humiliating, that his players were crying and it was a bad image for Spanish football. He was talking partly about the referees but I think partly as well he was talking about the attitudes of the Real Madrid players.

"They decided to go for as many goals as they could when there is an unspoken rule that if you go for more than an hour with nine men - and that was the first time in history that it had happened to Real Madrid - basically you just don't kill them off badly."

Unspoken rule? *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Not taking into account on numerous occasions that Barca were pretty much unbeatable under Pep and then had the best attacking trio in history last year...
    MSN was only formed last year and Suarez wasn't even allowed to play until late october, and Pep's Barca weren't always unbeatable. Barring the 2012/13 season when Barca won by 15 points, Real were always a few points off Barca when they won the title, hence my original point about Real being bottlejobs, because at the crucial moments, they fumble it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Ronaldo looks like a guy who doesn't want to be at Real.
    Think he needs a new challenge. A few around him have said he's destined for England, but I can see him going to PSG and then eventually the MLS. A personality like his - with his grandeur, marketability and image - would surely relish and thrive somewhere like America.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Major Zero)
    MSN was only formed last year and Suarez wasn't even allowed to play until late october, and Pep's Barca weren't always unbeatable. Barring the 2012/13 season when Barca won by 15 points, Real were always a few points off Barca when they won the title, hence my original point about Real being bottlejobs, because at the crucial moments, they fumble it.
    Maybe they do bottle it, but Pep's Barca were arguably the greatest ever club side, so no amount of spending (like you mentioned) was gonna fix that. They were simply too good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Think he needs a new challenge. A few around him have said he's destined for England, but I can see him going to PSG and then eventually the MLS. A personality like his - with his grandeur, marketability and image - would surely relish and thrive somewhere like America.
    Apparently he bought some apartment in the States for $20 odd million so that must be his final destination.

Will go PSG next year I think. Although I would want him back, I think he'll want to test his trade in a new league.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they do bottle it, but Pep's Barca were arguably the greatest ever club side, so no amount of spending (like you mentioned) was gonna fix that. They were simply too good.
    Perhaps my feelings for Ronaldo are clouding my opinion of Real a bit and making me overly harsh and critical of them. As a Utd fan, I love Ronaldo and I will always want to see him succeed, win trophies and individual honours and seeing him win only 1 league title with Real annoys and saddens me. I hate Real with a passion but because Ronaldo plays for them, I want them to do well (until Ronaldo leaves that is).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Major Zero)
    Perhaps my feelings for Ronaldo are clouding my opinion of Real a bit and making me overly harsh and critical of them. As a Utd fan, I love Ronaldo and I will always want to see him succeed, win trophies and individual honours and seeing him win only 1 league title with Real annoys and saddens me. I hate Real with a passion but because Ronaldo plays for them, I want them to do well (until Ronaldo leaves that is).
    Ronaldo alone can't compete with them Barca teams.

Joined an unfortunate time where Messi & co were running the La Liga show.

ReputationRep:
    Something tells me that Ronaldo isn't going to take well to getting old and ****.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Apparently he bought some apartment in the States for $20 odd million so that must be his final destination.

Will go PSG next year I think. Although I would want him back, I think he'll want to test his trade in a new league.
    What if Jose is their manager, though?

ReputationRep:
    57 in 57 for Ronaldo this calendar year. What are those Barca boys at?

ReputationRep:
    Hard to believe Ronaldo's joint top scorer with Neymar.
    Especially considering the latter has been 'amazing' whereas the former has been 'poor'.

ReputationRep:
    Hard to believe Ronaldo's joint top scorer with Neymar.
    Especially considering the latter has been 'amazing' whereas the former has been 'poor'.
    Flat-track bully, Penaldo or something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Flat-track bully, Penaldo or something like that
    Well how could you disagree?

Prior achievements disregarded, Ronaldo's no shows in the big games this season have been pretty consistent and stark. Filling the bucket with 5 against Espanyol and 4 against Molde doesn't hide that.

He's obviously not had a poor season, but poor by his standards, for sure. And whilst poor by his standards isn't worthy of any criticism, his awful big game performances can be criticised.

ReputationRep:
    How on earth is that a penalty? The referees in Spain are still as useless as ever.

ReputationRep:
    Saying flat track bullies ironically despite the fact he's scored 0 goals against the big teams this season

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see Bale doing well though. Again Madrids best player.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.