Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Based on what?
    On this:
    He's an excellent DM who would cost between 20m-25m

ReputationRep:
    Based on what? He's an excellent DM who would cost between 20m-25m so within our means. He'd probably fancy us over Leverkusen as well...
    Do you think Leverkusen will sell so easily with little time to find a replacement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    There is no way in the world Wenger would pay 20m for a DM.
    He definitely had a 19m rejected 3 months back and at this stage where Wenger is severely aware that his career is on the line, I think he might throw a couple of million extra at it.

Bender/Arteta would compliment each other so well too, would be an awesome signing. In terms of DMs in Europe youve only really got Martinez and Vidal ahead of Bender.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't we already have a bid rejected early in the window?

ReputationRep:
    Arda Turan's agent says he's going to join an epl team, weve been linked before...
    Most probably Liverpool as I think they be missing out on Willian.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Does anyone else see the teams morale hugely affected especially now amidst the injury crisis that they were promised new faces by arsene and the fact wenger hasn't brought in any worldclass or even players who can add to the team ?? I mean the players were saying they believe wenger would spend but they must now be looking at the squad and asking themselves why did he leave it this late
    Yeah the morale is low now
    (Original post by OConnell)
    All they had to do was win.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did see a dodgy result in this game tbf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Do you think Leverkusen will sell so easily with little time to find a replacement?
    Leverkusen captain Rofles is also a DM, as is Reinartz who is a handy player too so they wouldnt be desperately short. Not sure about Emre Can but I think he can play DM too and is highly rates. If Wenger got on the phone and chucked 25m at it I'm sure Leverkusen could find a replacement in 2 weeks, and Bender would fancy it I'm sure. But if Wenger bids 20.5m, 20.75m etc on deadline day I doubt theyll sell. They played hardball with Schurrle last year and already sold him and Callejon this season so they dont need the cash. So wed probably have to overpa by a few million which is a no-brainer to everyone but AW.

Bottom line is whether Wenger is aware of how little time he has left to save this window. If he is then he can make a deal.

ReputationRep:
    He definitely had a 19m rejected 3 months back and at this stage where Wenger is severely aware that his career is on the line, I think he might throw a couple of million extra at it.

Bender/Arteta would compliment each other so well too, would be an awesome signing. In terms of DMs in Europe youve only really got Martinez and Vidal ahead of Bender.
    How about Paul Pogba? Isn't he a DM? He is an absolute beast of a player. You can see why he was not accepting sitting on UTD's bench. Most players would dream of that, but not him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is no way in the world Wenger would pay 20m for a DM.
    he bid 19m for him early in the window and they said they wouldnt take less than his release clause which is about 22 I think

ReputationRep:
    I find it amazing that people think it would take a couple of signings to sort this team out. I'd say more like 6 signings to come straight into the starting 11.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    he bid 19m for him early in the window and they said they wouldnt take less than his release clause which is about 22 I think
    That for me is enough grounds to sack Wenger, how much money do they fleece from the fans its absolutely ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least we'll have a reason to follow deadline day

Not so much a silver lining, more a spec....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Yeah so that right there shows you that bid was just put in as a punt and to please the fans. Why not just bid a further £3m?

ReputationRep:
    Leverkusen captain Rofles is also a DM so they wouldnt be desperately short. If Wenger got on the phone and chucked 25m at it I'm sure Leverkusen could find a replacement in 2 weeks. But if Wenger bids 20.5m, 20.75m etc on deadline day I doubt theyll sell. They played hardball with Schurrle last year and already sold him this season so they dont need the cash.

Bottom line is whether Wenger is aware of how little time he has left to save this window. If he is then he can make a deal.
    Yeah but they'd want to get a cl spot and get 3rd this season Schurrle was a player they would easily replace but I don't think that's with bender it's like dortmund selling their bender as kehl is their captain

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal in the last 2 years has become a laughing stock.

If you told me at the end of 03/04 that we would not win a single title in 10 years I'd have laughed at your face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah but they'd want to get a cl spot and get 3rd this season Schurrle was a player they would easily replace but I don't think that's with bender it's like dortmund selling their bender as kehl is their captain
    They'll walk a CL spot tbh with or without Bender, already 5 points ahead of Schalke 2 games in. They have Reinhartz as a DM too though so they arent as short as I thought.

ReputationRep:
    It's not even the transfer market but it's also the "football" we play:

Midfield to defense to midfield to defence to midfield to flicking it up to Le Chapman who loses the ball due to his crap touch.

Absolute crap and rubbish. No creativity, no flair anymore and utterly predictable.

ReputationRep:
    Scott Parker? Decent signing with a Wenger-esque price tag.

ReputationRep:
    That for me is enough grounds to sack Wenger, how much money do they fleece from the fans its absolutely ridiculous.
    It'd be stupid to sack him tbh. First because he can still turn this around and second because who else is there at this moment to replace him? See how this season pans out and decide whether to offer him a new contract or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    It'd be stupid to sack him tbh. First because he can still turn this around and second because who else is there at this moment to replace him? See how this season pans out and decide whether to offer him a new contract or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "Judge me in May"

Hasn't he bern using that excuse since 5 years? I think last season was made to be the final season in which we'd be scraping for fourth and then huge reinforcements will be made to become seriois contenders.

I want the dictator gone now. He can't keep on living from success a decade ago.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.