Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    You should have applied to Imperial. Your stats are too good for just Warwick or Bham
    nah i gotta get out of London :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Haha, I like your attitude good luck!
    thanks good luck too

btw i am alphamolecule if you didnt realise

ReputationRep:
    Hey anyone who has a history interview how are you preparing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    You should have applied to Imperial. Your stats are too good for just Warwick or Bham
    Are you implying that Warwick or B'ham are bad unis? Those are both fantastic Russell Group unis, especially for science subjects. So no, I wouldn't say his stats were 'too good' for them. Gosh, I really dislike university elitists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    thanks good luck too

btw i am alphamolecule if you didnt realise
    Thanks dude

Haha, no way! Really? Long time no speak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heisenberg97)
    Got rejected
    I'm sorry to hear that
    What subject were you applying for, at which college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJaneH)
    Okay thanks, I just asked cause I had a mock interview today and they were the questions that I felt the least confident with. How are you feeling about the interviews, are yours next week? x
    Those types of questions (if asked) are just to make you feel a bit more comfortable before the interview begins. Just be honest and say what's on your mind (e.g. you chose Oxford because of it's unique tutorial style teaching, etc.) because there really is no right or wrong answer

ReputationRep:
    Thanks dude

Haha, no way! Really? Long time no speak
    yeah i know :0 just a new-ish account because i thought i needed a fresh start

ReputationRep:
    Are you implying that Warwick or B'ham are bad unis? Those are both fantastic Russell Group unis, especially for science subjects. So no, I wouldn't say his stats were 'too good' for them. Gosh, I really dislike university elitists
    Why didn't he apply to Eton College, everyone knows it's the best university in the UK so if his stats are that good, surely he'll be able to get into them and not peasantly Oxford/Warwick/Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    Of course you did though, you have like one of the best scores I've seen
    I'm there on the 13th-14th, what about you?
    14th-15th, but I'm probably going to arrive the night before the best of luck to you in case we don't see each other then!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I don't mind too much
    Np, they weren't very good actually so I was expecting the rejection
    5.2, 4.9, 3A XD
    Rejected too :/ - hardly surprising after 4.2, 4.9, 2A. I can't believe I screwed up quite that badly.

Best of luck with your other med schools!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not implying that they are bad unis. I'm not a university elitist. I know that they are fantastic, but with his stats, he probably could have easily secured a place at Imperial, especially since he qualified for the BMO and so is obviously very good at maths (thus would do well at the interview). His stats ARE too good for Bham or Warwick for physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fs1)
    Thanks for the advice - i feel realllly underprepared. My interview is for Oriel. What about you?
    Same, I had a mock interview today and it made it all feel very real. And I'll be at Keble

ReputationRep:
    With regard to piercings at interview, idk how oxford would feel about it...I imagine that they'd be fine, but I always feel like at any interview, it could just colour someone's judgement of you depending on their personal views, so maybe have it off for the interview? That's generally my rule for interviews, just because it's important to pull out all the stops and have no regrets.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't he apply to Eton College, everyone knows it's the best university in the UK so if his stats are that good, surely he'll be able to get into them and not peasantly Oxford/Warwick/Birmingham
    Haha! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    Those types of questions (if asked) are just to make you feel a bit more comfortable before the interview begins. Just be honest and say what's on your mind (e.g. you chose Oxford because of it's unique tutorial style teaching, etc.) because there really is no right or wrong answer
    Okay thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    Rejected too :/ - hardly surprising after 4.2, 4.9, 2A. I can't believe I screwed up quite that badly.

Best of luck with your other med schools!
    We can form an Oxford medicine rejects group
    The email they sent explaining almost makes it worse, doesn't it? XD how are you feeling about the rejection?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have interviews at St Peter's and LMH for engineering science but thought the PAT went really badly. Anyone else there 14th Dec for eng sci?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I never actually thought I would get an interview

I was not prepared for this eventuality, now I have 13 days to freak my nut over getting ready for this!!:')

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man, did you hear back?
    Yeah, I didn't get it unfortunately.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.