Just going to give big random :hugs: to all and thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    Just going to give big random :hugs: to all and thank you
    :hugs: :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Any advice is very much appreciated .

Having a bit of a tough time.

For those who don't know I'm doing a degree in a subject I absolutely love. But as I am moving forward with it I am finding that I am just not up to the task. Most of the modules are OK I guess but maths is really really hard for me. I'm a mature student and hadn't studied maths for 9 years before I started this course. The polite thing to say would be I had forgotten everything (literally).

I'm basically doing a one year maths course that is kinda equivalent to GCSE and AS / A2 levels with no foundation and it makes me feel really stupid. Added on to the fact that I haven't slept properly I'm really kinda thinking about dropping out (even though I know it will make me feel awful for ages if I do).

On top of that I have a big group project coming up and that is terrifying me as I hate group work. It makes my mental health issues 10 times worse having to deal with other people and the stress is really going to get to me.

I just wish I could sleep properly.

ReputationRep:
    Guys in a bit of a situation. Have to change a module. Don't know whether to pick dynamic modelling or intro to accountancy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    Guys in a bit of a situation. Have to change a module. Don't know whether to pick dynamic modelling or intro to accountancy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's your degree again? I think you should make a list of pros and cons for each one, which one is most relevant to the career you want, which you'd find most enjoyable (there's no point taking a module you'll absolutely detest and will make you unhappy), which one you're best at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McNuggetsAhoy)
    Any advice is very much appreciated .

Having a bit of a tough time.

For those who don't know I'm doing a degree in a subject I absolutely love. But as I am moving forward with it I am finding that I am just not up to the task. Most of the modules are OK I guess but maths is really really hard for me. I'm a mature student and hadn't studied maths for 9 years before I started this course. The polite thing to say would be I had forgotten everything (literally).

I'm basically doing a one year maths course that is kinda equivalent to GCSE and AS / A2 levels with no foundation and it makes me feel really stupid. Added on to the fact that I haven't slept properly I'm really kinda thinking about dropping out (even though I know it will make me feel awful for ages if I do).

On top of that I have a big group project coming up and that is terrifying me as I hate group work. It makes my mental health issues 10 times worse having to deal with other people and the stress is really going to get to me.

I just wish I could sleep properly.
    Talk to your lecturer, definitely. Explain what areas you're struggling in, and ask what you can do to catch up. Things like: getting an extra, simpler, textbook, hiring a tutor (if you can afford it ), finding a study partner (preferably someone you can swap skills with, so they feel like they're getting something back), meeting up with the lecturer regularly to check on your progress, maybe do a few extra assignments, asking for more detailed feedback...

In short, there are loads of things you can do, so please don't despair. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Just to make you all jealous :drool:
    Chocolate and banana cake
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1413553963.736310.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  193.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Just to make you all jealous :drool:
    Chocolate and banana cake
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1413553963.736310.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  193.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should make a halloween cake for the competition

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: for everyone.

So far I've managed to accomplish absolutely nothing, I'm still writing up notes from a lecture I had on Monday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    You should make a halloween cake for the competition

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im rubbish at decorating though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I went out last night and now I feel so hungover it's unreal. Got so so much work to do this weekend, but I'm determined to finish it all, or at least have given it a good go and got most things done!

ReputationRep:
    Day. From. Hell. Lots of toilet crying has been done. And it's not even over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    Day. From. Hell. Lots of toilet crying has been done. And it's not even over
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Counselling still haven't replied. Made a GP appointment for Monday. Nurse asked if I needed an emergency app for today but they make you feel like mental health isn't an emergency. What is an emergency GP appointment? And i've seen the same man 3 times today and he's might be spying on me?

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'll stay in the library till 6 and then I can go to morrisons and get alcohol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    Counselling still haven't replied. Made a GP appointment for Monday. Nurse asked if I needed an emergency app for today but they make you feel like mental health isn't an emergency. What is an emergency GP appointment? And i've seen the same man 3 times today and he's might be spying on me?
    Emergancy appointments are there way of saying daily routine appointments if you dont feel you can cope until after the weekend.
    If gone to emergancy appointments for my mental health.

Im sure hes not spying on you, probably just coincidental. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Emergancy appointments are there way of saying daily routine appointments if you dont feel you can cope until after the weekend.
    If gone to emergancy appointments for my mental health.

Im sure hes not spying on you, probably just coincidental. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh. I should have taken it then, but didn't want to exaggerate =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    Oh. I should have taken it then, but didn't want to exaggerate =/
    i think some people take them when they dont need to, but i think in the case of mental health, then yes you have a right to take an emergancy appointment if your worried and stuff

ReputationRep:
    e mailed counselling and they e mailed straight away saying they are dealing with a high volume which makes me feel horrible but I have an appointment straight after my Dr's appointment on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    think im being kicked out of being a guide leader :sad:

ReputationRep:
    think im being kicked out of being a guide leader :sad:
    How comes? :hugs:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.