Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Look at the Donald sterling scandal.

Objectively and relatively speaking his players are his ******, they are his slaves.

They don't make **** compared to a billionaire like him

ReputationRep:
    Here's a million dollar bonus go buy yourself something nice *****

ReputationRep:
    Don't want to spoil too much, but a theory does exist in cosmology that sort of explains the ending of interstellar

Phenomenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zander01)
    You seem to think I actually care about Kanye for some reason. I was taking the piss calling him the greatest rapper ever. But I will defend some of his albums. Meanwhile you watch grown men wrestling with each other (which is fake btw, in case you didn't know) but im sure it helps you bond with little kiddies.

Nah man, I don't live in a ****ehole
    You live in Birmingham. It's obvious.

I'm astounded you knew so much about me tbh, I've never even seen you on TSR before. Flattered though.

Anyway, I'm out now. Going to go and download some Kanye West tracks, get some awesome Hip Hop loving friends and then hopefully lose my virginity when I find the right girl.

Modern day Britain.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Don't want to spoil too much, but a theory does exist in cosmolgy that sort of explains the ending of interstellar

Phenomenal
    I love that film. Might go watch it tonight as there's no evening PL game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Don't want to spoil too much, but a theory does exist in cosmolgy that sort of explains the ending of interstellar

Phenomenal
    I saw it in the cinemas when it came out, it's absolutely fantastic. Got so welled up at the end. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I saw it in the cinemas when it came out, it's absolutely fantastic. Got so welled up at the end. :cry2:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I love that film. Might go watch it tonight as there's no evening PL game.
    Einstein had a theory that rather than looking at time as continuous, if its looked at as moments you can conceptualise the whole time-space continuum thing.

& it does make sense because its been proven scientifically that time does slow down with movement

This video explains it better tbh

Madness
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Einstein had a theory that rather than looking at time as continuous, if its looked at as moments you can conceptualise the whole time-space continuum thing.

& it does make sense because its been proven scientifically that time does slow down with movement

This video explains it better tbh

Madness
    I watched that film with three STEM students. Once we got home they were going deep into all this theory **** and I was just sitting there thinking ''my head hurts'' :lol: Science has never been my thing tbh, never understood it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I watched that film with three STEM students. Once we got home they were going deep into all this theory **** and I was just sitting there thinking ''my head hurts'' :lol: Science has never been my thing tbh, never understood it.
    Fair play..

I'm more of a human sciences type of guy, well the history of my education would suggest so anyway

I just find cosmology/particle physics so ****ing interesting. Try to read up on it as much as I can.. but haven't done so in a long while. Interstellar reignited it all

ReputationRep:
    I'm not scientific in any way but space travel fascinates me. It's one of the only things that gets people thinking in terms of a common humanity, rather than being blinded by the multitude of silly groups we divide ourselves into.

Interstellar was alright. Lots good and lots bad. Definitely worth watching, although like sr90 I watched it with a bunch of STEM students and they seemed to get more out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Particle physics gets weirder and weirder the more you look in to it. Theres this phenomena called the 'quantum leap' where photons essentially teleport.

Edit: If anyone read my initial post it was wrong, I got photons mixed up with electrons but the point still stands. Photons travel from one energy level to another without travelling through space. Essentially, disappearing and reappearing.

ReputationRep:
    How many of you, given an ideal situation (i.e your he/she being attractive, would sleep with your boss after a night out?

ReputationRep:
    'Sleep your boss'.
    Sorry, don't do street fights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    'Sleep your boss'.
    Sorry, don't do street fights.
    :lol: eff you man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Watching interstellar

:cry2::cry2:
    Legit one of the best films I've ever seen.

Didn't even watch it until a few weeks ago!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    How many of you, given an ideal situation (i.e your he/she being attractive, would sleep with your boss after a night out?
    Mine is actually very attractive but there's no way I'd ever go near sleeping with her.

Fair enough if it's a colleague but it's just dumb to bang your boss.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yah I would without hesitation.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking of going to Hong Kong and Singapore, staying somewhere nice for a week or so, and Tindering girls. Preying on those hapas/uni students. Thought life reached its peak at uni... but man after 2 years of working/failure/trying again and again... I have finally got somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
    Thinking of going to Hong Kong and Singapore, staying somewhere nice for a week or so, and Tindering girls. Preying on those hapas/uni students. Thought life reached its peak at uni... but man after 2 years of working/failure/trying again and again... I have finally got somewhere.
    I'm in my second year of that right now.

Nice to know you're doing well man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I'm in my second year of that right now.

Nice to know you're doing well man.

It's all pretty surreal man and sinking in, was wanting to just cry when I got the call. I worked many years to get there to that point. I was just stupidly happy. I got through three stages of interviews and really killed it.

My new manager phoned me and said "You were up against candidates with 2-3 years more experience than you"... I thought I had failed at the last hurdle again and then he offered me the job and I could not believe it man. Was just shocked and could not believe it. Walked into my (now former) job I hated with a big daft smile on, late, finished my shift and left.

We're all gonna make it man.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.