Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    "I think Chelsea will be favourites again. United need defenders, City need new players and LFC need a top striker, Arsenal need a holding player and Spurs need a miracle."

Top analysis there from the bbc comments, poor spurs :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Is every Arsenal fan here from London?
    I'm from Essex, so no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    I'm from Essex, so no.
    Any football teams in Essex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Any football teams in Essex?
    My local team is Southend United (league two play-offs) but the nearest prem team is West Ham (most people in Essex support West Ham or Chelsea).

ReputationRep:
    My local team is Southend United (league two play-offs) but the nearest prem team is West Ham (most people in Essex support West Ham or Chelsea).
    It just seems like an Essex-y thing to do, to support Chelsea or Westham haha

I was speaking to my mate about this yesterday. Why on earth would someone support Tottenham, when the Arsenal is just up the road?

Apart from family tradition, I couldn't think of any other reason :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rail lines perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    jeeze the chelsea scoring/defending stats are something else..

Just shows how utterly ruthless jose is, and how he will never let a league slip..

(from bbc)

Up to 17th january - 19 goals conceeded, 51 goals scored.

After 17th january - 8 goals conceeded, 18 goals scored.

- He did not just park a bus on a match, he parked it on the whole league.

A manager that will do anything for the win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)

Just shows how utterly ruthless jose is, and how he will never let a league slip..

(from bbc)

Mourinho's methodology is false. Barca are the best team in the world right now and they are playing great football not park the bus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Mourinho's methodology is false. Barca are the best team in the world right now and they are playing great football not park the bus.
    his method exists to win the league.

It won the league

= sucessfull method.

(this method also won chelsea the champions league remember)

ReputationRep:
    I now think mourinho can't be figured out over a whole season with the squad he has right now; the only way he's not winning anything next season is when he loses the dressing room

ReputationRep:
    his method exists to win the league.

It won the league

= sucessfull method.

(this method also won chelsea the champions league remember)
    Yeah because the BPL is weak at the moment but remember Mourinho was not that succesful in Real Madrid. Also they couldn't even beat ten man PSG with their best player off so you can't say that methodology is all that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    It's almost as if Barca and Chelsea have different players

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    It's almost as if Barca and Chelsea have different players
    I watch every Barca game don't try and be smart with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    I watch every Barca game don't try and be smart with me
    Chelsea wouldn't be as good if they tried to play like Barca lol

ReputationRep:

(from bbc)

one word.
    efficiency.

people can moan all they like about chelsea, but when all is said and done, they go home as champions.
    they might not be pretty to watch all season round (in fairness they were excellent at the start of the season), but the fact is that they have been efficient enough to get the points they need and now they can celebrate all year round.

what do you think people will remember from last season?
    that city won the title or that we were amazingly entertaining going forward?
    we were an absolute joy to watch at times but at the end of the day, we didn't get the trophy so it was all for nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    one word.
    efficiency.

people can moan all they like about chelsea, but when all is said and done, they go home as champions.
    they might not be pretty to watch all season round (in fairness they were excellent at the start of the season), but the fact is that they have been efficient enough to get the points they need and now they can celebrate all year round.

what do you think people will remember from last season?
    that city won the title or that we were amazingly entertaining going forward?
    we were an absolute joy to watch at times but at the end of the day, we didn't get the trophy so it was all for nothing.
    True but no one would watch football if everyone played like Chelsea, it's one of the reasons (Along with the Calciopoli scandal) Serie A had such a fallow period where viewing figures and attendance figures plummeted. Football will end up back like the George Graham Arsenal era, and that was so dull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    It just seems like an Essex-y thing to do, to support Chelsea or Westham haha

I was speaking to my mate about this yesterday. Why on earth would someone support Tottenham, when the Arsenal is just up the road?

Apart from family tradition, I couldn't think of any other reason :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Essex very pro-UKIP and also pro-Chelsea? Now I understand the underground in Paris incident......

ReputationRep:
    True but no one would watch football if everyone played like Chelsea, it's one of the reasons (Along with the Calciopoli scandal) Serie A had such a fallow period where viewing figures and attendance figures plummeted. Football will end up back like the George Graham Arsenal era, and that was so dull.
    But not everyone does so it's irrelevant. If you haven't realised the winning style of play changes every few years. Back at the end of the noughties you had the Barca tika taka team press method which dominated, then you had Inter and Chelsea winning the CL by parking the bus, and then you had Barca with tika taka again, then Bayern and Madrid with a total domination mix of high press, efficient play.
    It's a cycle, one method dominates for a few years and no-one can touch them, and them someone figures them out and smashes them (e.g. Barca getting spunked on by Bayern a few years ago).
    I don't think Chelsea are all that tough to figure out, you play a tight 4-2-3-1 and keep the fullbacks back, and don't bother crossing at all. That way you have 6 guys in the middle to force the defence apart. The problem is desperation; if you go into the game needing to beat them (i.e. score) and they can take a draw, then it's going to be a draw. If you go into the game level on points or ahead of them, you can also sit back, or try to lure them out because they need to win. Which is why we need to start next season on the front foot, taking 25 points from the first 10 games so that we are NEVER in a position where Chelsea are ahead of us.

ReputationRep:
    Everytime I come into this thread your always talking about Chelsea ffs

ReputationRep:
    So who will get relegated? I think Burnley, QPR, Sunderland

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.