Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster15)
    Yes definitely!
    But what if it went down a grade omg

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise12307)
    I got AAB!

The B is in AS politics Edexcel, it was ONE MARK OFF AN A! Is it worth the remark?

PLEASE HELP

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is very close. It may be worth a remark if you think it could affect you getting into your chosen university when that time comes around (if that is the path you're looking at).
    Absolutely excellent grades though, congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Are QMUL your firm?

If you don't want to accept the foundation year from your firm call UCAS (not your firm).

Your application will then pass on to your insurance (if that offer is unconditional or conditional still) or to clearing (if your insurance choice shows as unsuccessful).

You can do this yourself on Track at 3pm...or you can do it before then by phoning UCAS.
    Yes firm is qmul, and my insurance is now unconditional, and the offer from qmul. Can you please explain what happens before 3? Is that a deadline for something or what? I need to accept my qmul offer before that only?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy_hill)
    amazing! and no i haven't yet, hopefully it'll come through soon, what about you?

i bet it is, i'm from the south east and even i'll probably have to get used to it haha
    Just got mine, I'm in Aitken. I got a meal plan thankfully, I suck at cooking

Oh well, I'm actually excited now... Time to start packing!

ReputationRep:
    So happy with A*A*A, especially an A* in maths. In year 12, I got an E in the mock and was placed on intervention - absolutely mad!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you're at the top of a B grade there is no chance you would drop below a B after a remark. You could only benefit.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I assure you, if it's just one mark off, you won't go down a whole grade!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew Dainty)
    Well it may not seem bad to some people, but i got BBCD. I was just expecting more from myself and i worked so hard to get them. That really hurts
    Can you speak to your teachers to see what they think?

(Original post by ryanroks1)
    So happy with A*A*A, especially an A* in maths. In year 12, I got an E in the mock and was placed on intervention - absolutely mad!
    Well done! . Inspirational stuff :yep: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Effie14)
    Okay, freaking out now. My backup was unconditional no matter what, and I got Bournemouth to release me so I could be accepted there, but now it says declined and I can't get hold of the university! Ahhh!
    That's because a release sends you into clearing.

Your insurance should be able to pick you back up from clearing. Which university is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Congratulations! :awesome: . Are you looking forward to it?
    Yeah so much! I've wanted to go there since pre-GCSE so it's four years of work paying off! So happy!

ReputationRep:
    Got AAA which is what Birmingham wanted. Of course I'm pleased but would have liked an A* in something.
    Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    If it's AS, then yes. If it's A2 and you've met your offer, then no. If you've missed your offer, then yes.

Yayyy!

Have you considered adjustment?
    I've slightly considered it!!
    I really want to live in Bristol for University, and I've been given my offer from UWE to do Real Estate Management! I want to do property development as a career and I've looked at some of Bristol University's courses but I don't know any that would be relevant to property development I might just stick with UWE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jxnnywilsxn)
    I was predicted BCC and managed to get AAB! I'm ecstatic!! However, I only needed to get CCC for my firm university choice and now I don't know what to do I'm going travelling in two hours to make it more stressful
    You're eligible to use adjustment if you want to give it a go I would recommend living on campus as a 2 hour travel sounds a bit much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mgill17)
    Yeah so much! I've wanted to go there since pre-GCSE so it's four years of work paying off! So happy!
    Good. Well done . Enjoy your day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    holy crap that's amazing! Especially maths! Congrats, you've clearly worked hard haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conal551)
    It just says all call administrators are busy please call back later and hangs up
    which university?
    (Original post by Reda2)
    Yes firm is qmul, and my insurance is now unconditional, and the offer from qmul. Can you please explain what happens before 3? Is that a deadline for something or what? I need to accept my qmul offer before that only?
    At 3pm track will have full functionality so you can accept or decline a changed course offer through track. Before then you can only do it by calling UCAS.

Do you WANT to take up the foundation year with QMUL or would you rather go to your insurance?

Missed out on an A* in maths by a single mark. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    What are my chances of a successful remark? 159 UMS in AS politics but need 160, 158 UMS in AS German but need 160 and 4 raw marks off an A in economics over 2 papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImTooSmart)
    5A*'s and an A at A2. S 1 S in STEP I, II & III respectively. Someone on TSR can you beat that legitimately?
    Your username says it all! :facepalm::five:

Safe to say your results are outstanding... pretty sure people will have a hard time beating that! Congratulations!

where are you off to in september?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    You're eligible to use adjustment if you want to give it a go I would recommend living on campus as a 2 hour travel sounds a bit much.
    Sorry I meant that I'm travelling to Scotland in two hours which means I'll find today stressful as I won't be at home to sort everything out! I've emailed Bristol University but they haven't replied yet.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.