Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys - are there still spaces for fantasy? I played in (and won!) the TSR league 3 years back and would be keen. I clicked on the link and there seemed to only be 4 teams signed up, but don't want to jump in if other people here have a team but just haven't signed up yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Got to say there was some fairly unorthodox draft strategies going on for me to come out with my team, someone picked the Seahawks D in the 6th, Marshawn Lynch went before Eddie Lacy, Gotskowski went in the 9th, and Matt Ryan who has a ADP of 59 fell to me in the 10th.
    I'd take Lynch over Lacy 100 times out of 100. I know he's "28 and has run hard over the last few years", but people have been saying that about Gore for the last half-decade.

If anything I'd expect Lynch to have a better year than last year, the Seahawks O-Line is massively improved and if they can steer free of the injuries that plagued them last year, he should have a year somewhere between his 2012 and 2013 seasons - probably closer to the 2012 year.

I had 2 drafts last night - one for a 12 team league where I drafted 2nd and another for a 14 team league where I came in at 13th (UGH), however, erratic drafting always seems to take place.

In the 12 team league I ended up with:

Cutler/Romo
    Peterson/Leveon Bell/Ray Rice/Chris Johnson/Khiry Robinson
    Jordy Nelson/VJax/Harvin/Bowe/Reggie Wayne
    Heath Miller
    Janikowski
    Saints D

Have to say I'm massively pleased with that.

other draft went OK too;

Romo/Dalton
    Murray/Spiller/Gore/Pierre Thomas/Khiry Robinson
    AJ Green/VJax/Harvin/Steve Smith/R.Wayne
    Gates
    Folk
    Saints D

As you can see, a lot of players I picked twice, which means I'm all in on some positions, but I think I've got solid depth at RB and WR so when presumably one or two of the players get injured or have underwhelming seasons, I have solid enough backups to go for. There are always solid players available on the waiver wire anyway, last year I picked up a load of solid players at all positions throughout the season (because my top 3 draft picks all ended up on IR!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renascence)
    Are you guys doing fantasy? I don't know anything about fantasy lol. Thought I'd give you guys my week 1 predictions (winner in green)

Green Bay Packers @ Seattle Seahawks (bold I know)
    Buffalo Bills @ Chicago Bears
    Cleveland Browns @ Pittsburgh Steelers
    Jacksonville Jags @ Philadelphia Eagles
    New England @ Miami Dolphins (go pats)
    New Orleans Saints @ Atlanta Falcons
    Carolina Panthers @ Tampa Bay Bucs
    Cincinnati Bengals @ Baltimore Ravens
    Washington Redskins @ Houston Texans
    Tennessee Titans @ KC Chiefs
    Minnesota Vikings @ STL Rams
    Oakland Raiders @ NY Jets
    SF Niners @ Dallas Cowboys
    Indy Colts @ Denver Broncos
    NY Giants @ Detroit Lions
    SD Chargers @ Arizona Cardinals

Thoughts?
    I'd pick the Cardinals and Seahawks to win... the Bucs-Panthers game and the Rams-Vikings game are really close but I see Carolina and Minnesota coming out of those better, so if I had to pick I'd say I disagree with you on 3 counts, but they're all close calls, so I may well be wrong

ReputationRep:
    Won't be able to take part in fantasy this year, i'm having less and less free time these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shunter7634)
    Hi guys - are there still spaces for fantasy? I played in (and won!) the TSR league 3 years back and would be keen. I clicked on the link and there seemed to only be 4 teams signed up, but don't want to jump in if other people here have a team but just haven't signed up yet?
    Join up pal. As far as I'm concerned it's got too close to the draft to get picky about who joins. Welcome to the league!

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty new to all this NFL stuff but definitely going to get into it this season. and looking forward to it after the vikings going through a perfect 4-0 preseason

Lets go Vikings!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Join up pal. As far as I'm concerned it's got too close to the draft to get picky about who joins. Welcome to the league!
    Done - looking forward to it! (Team name Red Wright 88)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shunter7634)
    Done - looking forward to it! (Team name Red Wright 88)
    Woo, another guy in my division. I'm the owner of Shad Khan has a Swimming Pool, not sure if anyone who isn't me will understand both references in the name but we live in hope

ReputationRep:
    Hello NFL Talk thread inhabitants, you may or may not have registered your interest in the TSR Fantasy Football League but since you all post here and we have a spot spare anyway I've quoted you all in. We currently have 3 registered teams for the 10 team league, the draft is supposed to be in 3 days, if you're interested now or registered interest earlier, could you please sign up.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...agueId=2570094

Pass: TSR

Click the link and enter the details in order to register, the draft time is set for Wednesday September 3rd at 4:00 PM BST
    Can't find page, apparently. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    NFL.com -> Join a League -> Got an Invite -> Insert the details

In other news, Pete Carrol takes 'COMPETE' to new levels. Earl Thomas is going to be their #1 Punt Returner... What is he thinking!?

ReputationRep:
    Woo, another guy in my division. I'm the owner of Shad Khan has a Swimming Pool, not sure if anyone who isn't me will understand both references in the name but we live in hope
    I thought it was funny

NFL.com -> Join a League -> Got an Invite -> Insert the details

In other news, Pete Carrol takes 'COMPETE' to new levels. Earl Thomas is going to be their #1 Punt Returner... What is he thinking!?
    Ughh, I can understand it but seriously? Just not sure the payout is worth the risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    I thought it was funny

Ughh, I can understand it but seriously? Just not sure the payout is worth the risk.
    Especially when he's the best DB of, and the key to the success of that secondary. But then the Seahawks can't really risk having Percy Harvin return kicks, punts and play on offense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Working link is here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...agueId=2570094

Link: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...n?leagueIdp094

ReputationRep:
    Just to confirm the draft should be 8gmt. For some reason when I load the link above it says 4pm. If someone again could tag team owners to get them to confirm this that would be great. I'm Home tonight, can change the time and start organising myself lol.

Sorry about the mess.

ReputationRep:
    Just to confirm the draft should be 8gmt. For some reason when I load the link above it says 4pm. If someone again could tag team owners to get them to confirm this that would be great. I'm Home tonight, can change the time and start organising myself lol.

Sorry about the mess.
    Hi, I signed up to the league. I'm James and I'm the owner of Mile High Madness. It's coming up as 1600 BST(GMT?) for me as well.
    As league manager you can change the times, in Draft settings, iirc.

I know it has to be done before the season stars, but it has just occured that I clearly underestimated the times involved for the draft process. I'm doing an exchange year at Idaho State, so I'm actually on MST at the moment, seven hours behind.

I really want to do a proper draft, however. With the blessing of the group, can I be a right c*nt, considering the upcoming deadline, and ask for it to be moved to thursday morning, please? Anytime from 0800 BST - 1600 BST start would be ideal.

If not -- I get that y'all might be busy, but I would then use an autopick and hope for the best. :cool:

ReputationRep:

Sorry about the mess.
    8pm BST, not GMT, right?

ReputationRep:
    Signed up. My team's "Strip Club Ready", in honour of Janoris Jenkins.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry yeah bst. Zakynthian sun getting to my head!

ReputationRep:
    We need 3 more teams now to fill out the league!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Would love to get another TSRer in the league today, anyone welcome.

Link is in posts above.

I have 2 good friends who could fill two spots who love NFL, but ideally I want the guys who declared interest to join up before the deadline!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.