Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalStudent)
    so many people have an interview Glad to hear. Can't wait any longer Any news from LMH?
    I think LMH hasn't invited anybody yet

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter a rejection letter from St Johns for fine art. It was a lot more emotional than I thought it would be, so I really hope none of you have to go through it and I am so happy for everyone who got an interview. I hope you guys get in!

A piece of advice for anyone who gets a rejection this year, if your heart is really set on oxford and you know that it's what you want then don't let one rejection stop you. As cheesy as it sounds the saying the person who succeeds is the last person to give up is very true, as is the case with many cheesy things. So don't let a failure stop you from getting what you want, think of it as a test and get up to try again. The best things in life are the hardest to achieve.

Sorry for the mini-rant I just really want to make sure people don't give up on their dreams because of one little trip.

As for me I am going to Glasgow school of art (hopefully) for a year and see how I like it (free education WOOO scotland). If I still want to go to Oxford then I'll apply next year, if I love Glasgow then I'll stay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medbh4805)
    I think LMH hasn't invited anybody yet
    there are 2 invited, for chemistry and Law. But nothing more yet... Glad e&m's are out

ReputationRep:
    In the middle of my room lies the oxford prospectus. ripped to streds.

i feel much better now.

ReputationRep:
    there are 2 invited, for chemistry and Law. But nothing more yet... Glad e&m's are out

hope we find out soon

ReputationRep:
    that's what I said - but they're sticking by their "policy" (basically their policy on UCAS this year seems to be to mess about as many students as possible and make their lives as difficult as possible ).

I hope so :cry2:
    Ah, that sounds like a complete pain.

You'll be fine There's no way Oxford would miss out on such an avid innuendo creator a passionate classicist.

Do you just mean that E&M interviews have started appearing, or something else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digestives)
    OMG! Dad calls me saying phone call from oxford. Running down the steps in hot anticipation...

"Hi, this is a phone call from Oxford APPLICATIONS..."
    ". . . We just wanted to say that we loved your application so much that we're willing to give you an offer at every single college in Oxford! Hello? Hellooooo?"

(Original post by digestives)
    Hang up phone.

I would do anything for a phone call from Oxford, no matter the subject matter.

ReputationRep:
    Just one click of Send/Receive - that's all it takes, Wadham... :/

Congratulations to everyone who is getting interviews - you've done brilliantly! Commiserations to those who haven't - I have a feeling I'll be joining you soon, but I'm sure you've all got other fab unis waiting to take you on.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean when you say "E&Ms are out"? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doojam)
    Ah, that sounds like a complete pain.
    it is

You'll be fine There's no way Oxford would miss out on such an avid innuendo creator a passionate classicist.
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    What are you applying for and at which college?
    English at St Anne's Got an interview invitation today...how dreadful it would be to show up there without having stalked the other applicants before (and I when I say "stalk" I mean threaten and sabotage) to ensure feeling better about my interview

All love, all love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamingSpires)
    ". . . We just wanted to say that we loved your application so much that we're willing to give you an offer at every single college in Oxford! Hello? Hellooooo?"

I would do anything for a phone call from Oxford, no matter the subject matter.
    Oxford Applications are a less than scrupulous UK company who run expensive courses on interview preparation....hence hated by a lot of people in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetascandy)
    What do you mean when you say E&M's are out? :curious:

Do you just mean that E&M interviews have started appearing, or something else?

Exactly that 3 has got it already. Check the stalking page.

ReputationRep:
    Got so excited about my Oxford interview that I left my dinner in the oven and it burned :facepalm:

Potential Oxford student right here :laugh:

Looking forward to possible meet-ups with people in Oxford from the 6-10th of December!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veronique:-))
    English at St Anne's Got an interview invitation today...how dreadful it would be to show up there without having stalked the other applicants before (and I when I say "stalk" I mean threaten and sabotage) to ensure feeling better about my interview

All love, all love.
    Hello, direct competition

ReputationRep:
    Oxford Applications are a less than scrupulous UK company who run expensive courses on interview preparation....hence hated by a lot of people in this thread.
    I only signed up because they have free resources and books on their website. Also they can't be that bad, my friend got 2 free interviews just because he's on EMA

ReputationRep:
    What MK stands for? :| Oxford Applicants for 2012 Entry MKII

ReputationRep:
    Time to reapply; those that got rejected?

FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS! lalalalaaa:headbang:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Niki_girl)
    Got so excited about my Oxford interview that I left my dinner in the oven and it burned :facepalm:

Potential Oxford student right here :laugh:

Looking forward to possible meet-ups with people in Oxford from the 6-10th of December!
    Yesterday I abandoned lunch altogether after receiving the interview invitation, so it happens to the best of us

I'll arrive the morning of the 10th! Maybe we could meet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jockie)
    Just one click of Send/Receive - that's all it takes, Wadham... :/

Congratulations to everyone who is getting interviews - you've done brilliantly! Commiserations to those who haven't - I have a feeling I'll be joining you soon, but I'm sure you've all got other fab unis waiting to take you on.
    waiting with you still too mate, a friend just got an interview too! it's so gallling!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.