Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    It'd be stupid to sack him tbh. First because he can still turn this around and second because who else is there at this moment to replace him? See how this season pans out and decide whether to offer him a new contract or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No it isnt stupid, the man has obviously lost the plot and isnt in touch with the modern game. Eight years is far too long. Arsenal FC existed before Wenger and will continue to do so after him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Rumour has it Arsenal are gonna bid £25m for Michu. Pure desperation at the Emirates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah man Michu's decent, wouldn't mind that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nwakaeme)
    Scott Parker? Decent signing with a Wenger-esque price tag.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I still don't get why you keep waiting until the last week of the window to make your signings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Arda Turan's agent says he's going to join an epl team, weve been linked before...
    He's one of the slowest wingers I've seen, however his crossing and dribbling ability would prove a huge contrast to Walcott's, they're like polar opposites. I have to admit though, I do tend to like my wingers on the pacy side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    He's one of the slowest wingers I've seen, however his crossing and dribbling ability would prove a huge contrast to Walcott's, they're like polar opposites. I have to admit though, I do tend to like my wingers on the pacy side.
    You need different kinds of wingers though, at the minute only AOC is capable of beating a defender and that's shocking, at least Gervinho knew how to dribble... Walcott is entirely dependent on pace whereas the likes Reus are fast but know how to pick a pass and dribble as well. Havent seen enough of Turan but he sounds like a player who would improve us at least, slim pickings atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    "Judge me in May"

Hasn't he bern using that excuse since 5 years? I think last season was made to be the final season in which we'd be scraping for fourth and then huge reinforcements will be made to become seriois contenders.

I want the dictator gone now. He can't keep on living from success a decade ago.
    I understand all the frustration but sacking him would be a bit hasty and I think premature. But I definitely think no contract should be offered yet and, at this particular time, this should be his final year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    Nah man Michu's decent, wouldn't mind that.
    I think that's way too much for him, way too much. As crazy as Wenger is sometimes he is wise not to pay over the valuation of SOME players. No way is Michu worth £25m. I don't think he's much of an upgrade on Giroud tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I reckon in current climate michu is probably worth £20mill not a penny more but maybe penny less.

end of the day there really is only one guy who can save us tbh.

Name:  Ross-Barkley-everton-man-utd.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  33.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely gutted for Chambo if he's out for that long especially in a World Cup year. This was the season where he was meant to push on.

Another point I'd like to make is Arsene's management of jack. He's becoming more and more petulant with each game and I don't like seeing that. He's got all the ability to make it as a top class player but you need to have the temperament too. Wenger had got to manage him better. Squaring up and mouthing off after every decision and fifty fifty ball is not good.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha Mo Matrix is around. Only means one thing........

Wagwun Mo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soul of Mischief)
    Absolutely gutted for Chambo if he's out for that long especially in a World Cup year. This was the season where he was meant to push on.

Another point I'd like to make is Arsene's management of jack. He's becoming more and more petulant with each game and I don't like seeing that. He's got all the ability to make it as a top class player but you need to have the temperament too. Wenger had got to manage him better. Squaring up and mouthing off after every decision and fifty fifty ball is not good.
    Saw him literally swing a hay maker at a Villa player before holding back at the last second. Dont think its a bad thing so long as he's smart enough not to get sent off. The kicking he gets sometimes, I cant blame him.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely gutted for Chambo if he's out for that long especially in a World Cup year. This was the season where he was meant to push on. Another point I'd like to make is Arsene's management of jack. He's becoming more and more petulant with each game and I don't like seeing that. He's got all the ability to make it as a top class player but you need to have the temperament too. Wenger had got to manage him better. Squaring up and mouthing off after every decision and fifty fifty ball is not good.
    I agree. And if Wenger had signed a real leader(s) into the club after the departure of Viera and Henry, he/they could help the team keep their heads level during matches, especially ones like the Aston Villa match. Wilshere really needs to keep a cool head and concentrate on his game. This further shows some of Wenger's poor management skills, despite managing Arsenal for about 17 years. What a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Michu isn't the answer to your problems, he's best suited playing behind a striker, think Rosicky/Cazorla are suitable for those places and get a creative wide player to stop Cazorla having to go wide is a far better idea.

ReputationRep:

I'd usually agree because I felt our reaction to tackles leads to us losing our heads and gets the crowd agitated leading to a feeling that the world is against us. But with the level of incompetence shown by the ref, **** it give back to em. If the ref has some form of competence to him, then simer down.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think wenger gazidis and co could be performing a heist on arsenal football club? A master plan of building all this profit over the years then finally fleeing when the club is in a state with all the money to line their pockets, similar to oceans 11 when they are staring at the water fall when Claire de Lun is playing knowing they've made it and the money is safe, with wenger and gazidis replacing George clooney and brad pitt, they turn one by one and head off into the distance and flee to monte carlo and Monaco to live their life piece fully leaving Arsenal football club in complete confusion and dismay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    Does anyone think wenger gazidis and co could be performing a heist on arsenal football club? A master plan of building all this profit over the years then finally fleeing when the club is in a state with all the money to line their pockets, similar to oceans 11 when they are staring at the water fall when Claire de Lun is playing knowing they've made it and the money is safe, with wenger and gazidis replacing George clooney and brad pitt, they turn one by one and head off into the distance and flee to monte carlo and Monaco to live their life piece fully leaving Arsenal football club in complete confusion and dismay

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, this is what is happening. But, AFC is also actually a front for Wenger to lauder money, like the carwash in breaking bad, for his illegal diamond from the Sierra Leone operation like in Blood Diamond.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think Wenger will retire making way for a shock SAF return to manage Arsenal. He will manage Arsenal until his death in 2030.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.