Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    Are you going to see the commonwealth games in Glasgow next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I am!! Cant wait!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemmer_)
    Yeah, I am!! Cant wait!!
    Yay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Off now, suddenly quite scared. I think I'm only making an appointment to see the GP? See y'all later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Off now, suddenly quite scared. See y'all later
    Have a good day buddy. Hope it's just a spell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have a good day buddy. Hope it's just a spell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers,

Doctors are only open Monday-Friday, apparently, so just wondered around a bit after I got there, and then back here!

Should probably get some work done now

ReputationRep:
    My anxiety is becoming so bad that I can't tell between reality and what's just in my head. I have all these symptoms, anxiety from when I wake up until when I go to sleep, it's horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW)
    My anxiety is becoming so bad that I can't tell between reality and what's just in my head. I have all these symptoms, anxiety from when I wake up until when I go to sleep, it's horrible
    :hugs:
    Are you getting out the house regularly? just because I've found that getting out the house, even just a walk around the block or something, can really lift your mood. when I've been stuck inside for a few days my mood really drops.

what kinda help are you getting atm? any kind of therapy or meds? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    Are you getting out the house regularly? just because I've found that getting out the house, even just a walk around the block or something, can really lift your mood. when I've been stuck inside for a few days my mood really drops.

what kinda help are you getting atm? any kind of therapy or meds? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can panic and have chest pain when I go out I do get out on a daily basis though

Beta-blockers, and have an appointment about getting CBT on Tuesday.

It's like a weird. I get really down with anxiety for hours or days, then feel fine for a bit but then it goes down hill again, don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    I've never figured out why. Is there a part of each day where you forget all about the issues? Between 11am and 4pm for me seem far more manageable than other hours.

If there's a time where you feel ok each day then I find when it's late at night you can always remind yourself of that good time of day and how it's closer and closer
    There isn't really a time where I feel okay at the moment. Glad it works for you though! We all have to find little tricks to help. :yep:

Feeling so low. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    There isn't really a time where I feel okay at the moment. Glad it works for you though! We all have to find little tricks to help. :yep:

Feeling so low. :cry2:
    :jumphug: Yeah, it's the little tricks that work. Sometimes it can be distraction, sometimes It can just be a certain person.

You will feel better in time, it's just hard to see right now

ReputationRep:
    so scared to even go down stairs

urgh, such a pathetic excuse for a human being

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)

no you're not :hugs: you are lovely, you were just given one of the many short straws and have to deal with it. sucks how so many people have it easy but that's how it goes :jumping:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    no you're not :hugs: you are lovely, you were just given one of the many short straws and have to deal with it. sucks how so many people have it easy but that's how it goes :jumping:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am pathetic, i know i am :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I should eat. I know this, but outside my room there are people. I don't want to encounter people today. I want to stay in my room with my bed. My bed loves me and I love my bed. People don't love me and I don't love them. I will stay in my room where it's nice and cosy and free of people and not eat until it is safe to go out without encountering people.
    I will eat late. I will go to bed late. I will sleep all day tomorrow. I will eat late. I will go to bed late. I will get to my lecture late. I will be tired and hungry. I won't be able to concentrate. I will not learn.
    I will get readings and essays. I will be tired. I will be hungry. I won't be able to concentrate. I will not do them or I will fail at them. I will fail the module. I will fail all the modules. I will fail at university. I will fail at life.
    I will be a burden on my family and friends until they or I either get fed up or die. I will spend my whole life dragging others down. I will contribute little or nothing to their lives or anyone's lives.
    People will die and I will cry. I will cry and I will cry and I will cry then I will die.
    My life will be over and the world will be no better off having had me in it.

I will post this on Student Room and put a downer on everybody's day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)

Not even slightly true> :nah: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Boredom is like poison, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathanielle)
    Boredom is like poison, isn't it?
    Boredom implies that there are other things you wish you were doing. (or at least to me it does) And personally, I can't get enjoyment out of anything so I wouldn't say I'm bored, I'm just living.

That makes no sense, does it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    I should eat. I know this, but outside my room there are people. I don't want to encounter people today. I want to stay in my room with my bed. My bed loves me and I love my bed. People don't love me and I don't love them. I will stay in my room where it's nice and cosy and free of people and not eat until it is safe to go out without encountering people.
    I will eat late. I will go to bed late. I will sleep all day tomorrow. I will eat late. I will go to bed late. I will get to my lecture late. I will be tired and hungry. I won't be able to concentrate. I will not learn.
    I will get readings and essays. I will be tired. I will be hungry. I won't be able to concentrate. I will not do them or I will fail at them. I will fail the module. I will fail all the modules. I will fail at university. I will fail at life.
    I will be a burden on my family and friends until they or I either get fed up or die. I will spend my whole life dragging others down. I will contribute little or nothing to their lives or anyone's lives.
    People will die and I will cry. I will cry and I will cry and I will cry then I will die.
    My life will be over and the world will be no better off having had me in it.

I will post this on Student Room and put a downer on everybody's day.
    :jumphug: It will get better
    I know first hand that you've contributed so much to people's lives I would have been very lost indeed, had you not helped me in August and before then :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Boredom implies that there are other things you wish you were doing. (or at least to me it does) And personally, I can't get enjoyment out of anything so I wouldn't say I'm bored, I'm just living.

That makes no sense, does it?
    Yeah...No... hm...difficult. What I meant, is that if I would be distracted by something, I wouldn't get the opportunity to think too much. Of course I could learn and phone somebody (although I even did), but....tht could become a very philosophical discussion or also from an etymological point of view...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathanielle)
    Yeah...No... hm...difficult. What I meant, is that if I would be distracted by something, I wouldn't get the opportunity to think too much. Of course I could learn and phone somebody (although I even did), but....tht could become a very philosophical discussion or also from an etymological point of view...
    Ah I see. Yeah too much thinking is definitely a problem. But what's wrong with philosophical discussions? anything to get your mind off stuff!

Do you have a console? I find rockband/guitar hero is great for not wanting to think - it's impossible to think of anything else if you don't want to lose. Whereas other games you can sorta zone out of the game and keep thinking. Or team fortress 2 is also good, you die if you think too much (also I believe it's free now on steam).

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.