Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Current Year 12 Thread Mark I (2013-2014) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    ahhhh going through an FP1 paper tomorrow should also hopefully finish M2 next week so i can do an exam over half term, there is yet hope :lol:
    Is that all 3 finished then? I got 61 on an FP1 paper so not too bad. We've done about half of M2 but circular motion seems boring and long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tara8000)
    haha I had to fight so hard for 5 :x I was going to go behind the careers advisor's back and do art and French on the side, but she caught me out and told those teachers not to enter me, which is kinda good looking back x)
    I was motivated to do 5 but when my year head told me I couldn't do 5 I lost the motivation a bit and didn't fight it at all really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Is that all 3 finished then? I got 61 on an FP1 paper so not too bad. We've done about half of M2 but circular motion seems boring and long
    I don't do circular motion in MEI ? hasn't been in M1 or M2

yep next week i will have finished all 3, in FP1 we just have to proof by induction, which apparently is easy and just remembering a long process i got 48/72 on one before ( though we skipped 12 marks because we haven't done Proof by induction yet :-) )

ReputationRep:
    I was motivated to do 5 but when my year head told me I couldn't do 5 I lost the motivation a bit and didn't fight it at all really
    I feel ya , just use it as an opportunity to do extra good in the four you did get to do!

ReputationRep:
    I don't do circular motion in MEI ? hasn't been in M1 or M2

yep next week i will have finished all 3, in FP1 we just have to proof by induction, which apparently is easy and just remembering a long process i got 48/72 on one before ( though we skipped 12 marks because we haven't done Proof by induction yet :-) )
    Proof by induction is FP2(?) on AQA I think and moments are pretty annoying in M2 also

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Meant to be a sad face :lol:

Can't say I'd know
    OCR are worst for mark schemes, they just seem to slip random bits in, it's like it for chem too! Hi guys btw, just found this, to think we could be fighting for the same place next year!

ReputationRep:
    I feel ya , just use it as an opportunity to do extra good in the four you did get to do!
    Dropped the wrong one though, should have gave Chemistry the chop not History:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Proof by induction is FP2(?) on AQA I think and moments are pretty annoying in M2 also
    no, on MEI its FP1 :-( ... i've looked at exams and its worth like 6-9 marks a question and some exams there are 2 questions which i guess can be nice :lol: :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futuremedic2096)
    OCR are worst for mark schemes, they just seem to slip random bits in, it's like it for chem too! Hi guys btw, just found this, to think we could be fighting for the same place next year!
    welcome to this thread of wonder! tell us about yourself!

Dropped the wrong one though, should have gave Chemistry the chop not History:rolleyes:
    haha, what do you wanna do at uni?

ReputationRep:
    Well my schools science results have improved quite a bit since switching to OCR from AQA. I might start doing some science papers soon but we have only done like 40% of unit 1 chem, need to start doing some of it myself if I wanna get a decent grade
    Fair enough!

We've done unit 1, doing unit 2 now.
    Yeah,I mean chem, not physics!

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck to ya! :top2::hat2:

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha! I'm 17 and studying Maths and the three sciences, was annoyingly forced on day 1 to drop history because they weren't allowing people to do five! My lifelong ambition is to study medicine! Loathing S1 revision at the moment!

ha ha hit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Fair enough!

We've done unit 1, doing unit 2 now.

Yeah,I mean chem, not physics!
    We've done unit 2 pretty much just a few bits left. The organic chemistry stuff is alright but energy and resources I find a bit dreary

ReputationRep:
    ha ha hit
    cool cool hello hello have you applied for any interesting residentials?

ReputationRep:
    no, on MEI its FP1 :-( ... i've looked at exams and its worth like 6-9 marks a question and some exams there are 2 questions which i guess can be nice :lol: :O
    Yeah I wasn't arguing that fact just saying I don't have to do it:cool:. Easiest part of FP1 is series, they give you the formulae so it's just rearrange for some free marks

ReputationRep:

I have no clue (possibly economics or mechanical engineering), what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I wasn't arguing that fact just saying I don't have to do it:cool:. Easiest part of FP1 is series, they give you the formulae so it's just rearrange for some free marks
    hmmm i haven't done that so i must be doing that tomorrow aswell

ReputationRep:
    I have no clue (possibly economics or mechanical engineering), what about you?
    so dropping history wasn't really of detriment to your future that much then?
    Philosophy or PPE or Politics, or Philosophy/maths joint honours generally

ReputationRep:
    hmmm i haven't done that so i must be doing that tomorrow aswell
    Maybe it's not on edexcel then AQA FP1 sounds easier

ReputationRep:
    so dropping history wasn't really of detriment to your future that much then?
    Philosophy or PPE or Politics, or Philosophy/maths joint honours generally
    I sometimes think I should have been a humanities guy instead of a science guy but Maths is definitely my favourite subject

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.