Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    Rejected from Merton for Physics

their loss, I qualified for the BMO, so I'll be heading to either Warwick or Birmingham hopefully, good luck to everyone else!
    Hahahah their loss indeed! That's what I'll tell myself from now on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyfff)
    I have interviews at St Peter's and LMH for engineering science but thought the PAT went really badly. Anyone else there 14th Dec for eng sci?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My PAT test went really badly too! They must have ignored it or pitied me I have one on the 16th at Univ and Balliol. How are you preparing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    We can form an Oxford medicine rejects group
    The email they sent explaining almost makes it worse, doesn't it? XD how are you feeling about the rejection?

Thanks
    Well, the email certainly cut to the chase didn't it? Ah well, at least they told us straight and didn't make us wait. BMAT was a much worse shock (I went home after I found out the result Wednesday morning), this one was sort of expected really.

Obviously the remark didn't get me anywhere.

Surprisingly, I don't feel too bad about it. I thought I'd feel a lot worse, but there may be hope for UCL. Imperial I've pretty much thrown out of the window also as S3 (and probably S1) will never make the cut off.

How are you feeling about it?

ReputationRep:
    I have interviews at St Peter's and LMH for engineering science but thought the PAT went really badly. Anyone else there 14th Dec for eng sci?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    14th at Somerville and Balliol. Seems like I am reallocated to the best college on open day hhhhh Somerville my first def tho. Beautiful gym

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C-Dog)
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I never actually thought I would get an interview

I was not prepared for this eventuality, now I have 13 days to freak my nut over getting ready for this!!:'
    Congrats! Im still waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamLLLLiu)
    14th at Somerville and Balliol. Seems like I am reallocated to the best college on open day hhhhh Somerville my first def tho. Beautiful gym
    I got reallocated to Balliol for the second interview too! How does this system even work? I thought Balliol was one of the more popular/oversubscribed colleges..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookitsbeccy)
    Hey anyone who has a history interview how are you preparing?

What college is your interview with? and I'm just going over my written work and my personal statement (brushing up on books I've read etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    Well, the email certainly cut to the chase didn't it? Ah well, at least they told us straight and didn't make us wait. BMAT was a much worse shock (I went home after I found out the result Wednesday morning), this one was sort of expected really.

Obviously the remark didn't get me anywhere.

Surprisingly, I don't feel too bad about it. I thought I'd feel a lot worse, but there may be hope for UCL. Imperial I've pretty much thrown out of the window also as S3 (and probably S1) will never make the cut off.

How are you feeling about it?
    Yeah, though it did go on quite a bit after stating that we'd not been shortlisted XD
    Wow, really? You must have been quite upset to have left school

Ah good, and I hope you get into UCL, you deserve it your fourth medical school was KCL right? Have you heard from them?

I'm feeling surprisingly optimistic. My application to Oxford was the result of my school convincing me to apply and me eventually agreeing. I really did love the college that I chose though, but ah well XD life goes on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    I got reallocated to Balliol for the second interview too! How does this system even work? I thought Balliol was one of the more popular/oversubscribed colleges..
    Exactly hahahaha..... Where in Imperial did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    We can form an Oxford medicine rejects group
    The email they sent explaining almost makes it worse, doesn't it? XD how are you feeling about the rejection?

Thanks
    What did the email say if you don't mind me asking? So many amazing candidates get turned away from Oxford Medicine, best of luck with your other choices!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamLLLLiu)
    Exactly hahahaha..... Where in Imperial did you apply to?
    Do you mean which course? I applied for Mechanical Engineering with a Year Abroad and had my interview on the 25th of November..should hear the outcome by the end of the week. You?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats , my friend.

Do you mind telling which branch of Engg you applied and when exactly you got interview email.

I have applied Electrical Engg at LMH and no email as yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquaxo)
    What did the email say if you don't mind me asking? So many amazing candidates get turned away from Oxford Medicine, best of luck with your other choices!
    Thanks Yeah, sure, I'll paste it in here:

"I am sorry to have to inform you that you have not been short-listed for interview in Oxford. We received 1594 applications for around 150 places this year. To ensure consistency in decision-making we need to be able to interview all short-listed applicants at two colleges, for which purpose we have to restrict the short-list to 425 candidates that we believe stand the best chance of being offered a place. Unfortunately we have therefore been unable to offer interviews to over one thousand applicants, many of whom had excellent academic records and/or strong BMAT scores. Given our limited resources we can offer places only to a fraction of all deserving candidates. Our inability to invite you for interview or offer you a place should therefore not be interpreted as a negative judgment on your potential suitability for medicine. In the past many candidates who were unsuccessful in their application to us have gone on to highly successful medical careers through other excellent medical schools. We try hard to allocate the available places in a manner that is as fair and objective as we can make it. The two quantitative and objective measures used in the initial short-listing process were performance at GCSE and BMAT score. If you had not taken GCSEs, we gave more weight to your BMAT result. All available information on all candidates not making the initial short-list was carefully reviewed by college tutors and administrative staff, taking into account any individual circumstances which might have indicated that GCSE or BMAT performance was likely to underestimate a candidate’s potential. The candidates judged to have the greatest potential by the colleges were then further scrutinised by an independent cross-college panel. As a result of this process another 10% of applicants were added to the short-list. Candidates who had not sat the BMAT could not be considered. I appreciate this decision must be disappointing for you but the competition was immensely strong. I wish you all the best in any applications you may be making to other Medical schools."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaTK)
    I was wondering the same! Is it Lincoln?
    No, Brasenose! hmm...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, though it did go on quite a bit after stating that we'd not been shortlisted XD
    Wow, really? You must have been quite upset to have left school

Ah good, and I hope you get into UCL, you deserve it your fourth medical school was KCL right? Have you heard from them?

I'm feeling surprisingly optimistic. My application to Oxford was the result of my school convincing me to apply and me eventually agreeing. I really did love the college that I chose though, but ah well XD life goes on
    Thanks

Yep, rejected from KCL and Oxford, waiting to hear back from UCL and Imperial (although I haven't got my hopes up for Imperial).

Me and another person in my year who also applied to KCL with 300, 285, 280, 285, 293 at AS got rejected, both because of UKCAT apparently.

Where else did you apply/have you heard anything back from anyone else? Best of luck to you too, with those GCSEs, you deserve some offers.

Yep, I loved Oriel, but, oh well...

ReputationRep:
    The day of my interview will be the first time I visit Oxford in my life Is anyone else the same? I don't even live that far away, just never got round to visiting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madsparrow)
    Next Tuesday - the 8th December! Definitely have to stay until Thursday, and might have to stay Friday. When are you going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ahhh im going down on the 6-7th!

ReputationRep:
    The day of my interview will be the first time I visit Oxford in my life Is anyone else the same? I don't even live that far away, just never got round to visiting it.
    I've stayed there twice before but honestly it won't make a difference at all! AHH ITS SO PRETTY I can't wait to go next week
    I feel like im more excited than nervous atm which is probably not how I should be lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    I've stayed there twice before but honestly it won't make a difference at all! AHH ITS SO PRETTY I can't wait to go next week
    I feel like im more excited than nervous atm which is probably not how I should be lol
    I'm neither excited nor nervous Really quite indifferent right now. I don't expect an offer at all and my heart is set on another uni but it'll be nice to go down there, tackle some maths and physics problems, dine at the college and just look around and relax, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm neither excited nor nervous Really quite indifferent right now. I don't expect an offer at all and my heart is set on another uni but it'll be nice to go down there, tackle some maths and physics problems, dine at the college and just look around and relax, tbh.
    ohh what uni are you after?

i would love an offer but i'm the same as you, just want to enjoy the experience

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.