Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Would you rather support a financially stable club that enjoys the odd success, or a club that does not accept failure as an option because they just bought £200m worth of players?
    So you're telling me you'd rather watch Arsenal win 1 trophy after the next 10 seasons? Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in the country and should be aiming for trophies and winning them, not just competing in them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    So you're telling me you'd rather watch Arsenal win 1 trophy after the next 10 seasons? Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in the country and should be aiming for trophies and winning them, not just competing in them.
    the mistake he makes is thinking they are exlusive statements..

A club can potentially spend 200m on a window and still be financial viable and win trophies..

ReputationRep:
    Any news on Debuchy yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    the mistake he makes is thinking they are exlusive statements..

A club can potentially spend 200m on a window and still be financial viable and win trophies..
    Yeah bang on right.

Arsenal are only really a DM and a CB away from seriously challenging, maybe a world class ST would help aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal defensive problems have got worse. Monreal has not travelled to Dortmund. Chambers, Gibbs and Bellerin all in squad #afc
    Just waitin for the Kosc leg break now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    Fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    We've brought this on ourselves...

One saving grace is that Dortmund are about the only club in the world with an equally poor injury record.

ReputationRep:
    going into a season with only 6 defenders and a few junior players..

Was never going to cause any problems..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    Vermalaen can play at LB decently, has played there for Belgium too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarly)
    Vermalaen can play at LB decently, has played there for Belgium too
    Yeah maybe that will help Barca somehow.

...? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Yeah maybe that will help Barca somehow.

...? :rolleyes:
    Oh damn lol.

His WhoScored page still shows him as an Arsenal player. http://www.whoscored.com/Players/102...omas-Vermaelen

Who was brought in to replace him?

ReputationRep:
    If you can't name seven substitutes on your bench then your team's injury problems must be shocking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarly)
    Oh damn lol.

His WhoScored page still shows him as an Arsenal player. http://www.whoscored.com/Players/102...omas-Vermaelen

Who was brought in to replace him?
    Nobody. We sold Verm and Sagna, loaned out Jenks, and bought in Chambers and Debuchy.

So we went from being short on defenders last year to being REALLY short on defenders this year.

Good huh?

ReputationRep:
    I also think di Maria is a better player than Sanchez but is he really worth twice as much as him? I'd rather 2 sanchez than a di Maria for the same price. Also jenkinson is apparently injured too? I think starting bellerin would be a good decision as he's good going forward but he also has the pace to get back. I can see this match being a draw if I'm honest but think Dortmund with their high press can undo us when they inevitably steal the ball from the middle of the pitch from wilshere/ozil/arteta and then we get ****ed on the counter because our fullbacks are in the opponents final third.

Would take a 1-1 draw but hope for a 2-1 win. With alexis and Ramsey scoring don't think welbeck will get his goal here unless they're playing a high line in which case he could well be on the score sheet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So you literally have 1 LB, 2 CBs, and 1 RB. Then it's just youth players? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    So you literally have 1 LB, 2 CBs, and 1 RB. Then it's just youth players? :lol:
    2 lb's one of which is very injury prone. 2 Cb's one rb/cb who is a youth and 1 rb.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Nobody. We sold Verm and Sagna, loaned out Jenks, and bought in Chambers and Debuchy.

So we went from being short on defenders last year to being REALLY short on defenders this year.

Good huh?
    #wengerknows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    If i was an Arsenal fan, i'd cry if Arsenal lost another first team defender to injury. Then they could start Flamini (or most likely a youth CB) as a CB like we did a couple seasons back when we were short of CBs and started Carrick there :lol:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    2 lb's one of which is very injury prone. 2 Cb's one rb/cb who is a youth and 1 rb.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I mean currently though, Debuchy's injured and isn't Monreal too

ReputationRep:
    Bellerin and Hayden are gonna get some serious game time this season.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.