The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScaryScience
I'm sorry, hun. I can empathise. Keep trying to plod on, I know it's hard :hugs:

thanks :hugs: just keeping myself distracted with TV for now, which is working for much of the day but not all of it it.
I have no idea how to get an out of hours GP appointment here so either I need to try and drown all of this out with something or go to A&E and be told i'm a waste of space.
Simply ring 111 out of hour services from your mobile or landline and speak to someone who put you in touch with the right service, if not go to a&e.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iloveteddy14
Simply ring 111 out of hour services from your mobile or landline and speak to someone who put you in touch with the right service, if not go to a&e.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
thanks :hugs: just keeping myself distracted with TV for now, which is working for much of the day but not all of it it.

yeah, I know what you mean. can you go out with panda? or are you too anxious? I know its so hard when you feel so low but it can take the edge off once you're out there :console:
Original post by Cinnie
I have no idea how to get an out of hours GP appointment here so either I need to try and drown all of this out with something or go to A&E and be told i'm a waste of space.

Whats going on hun? do you feel at risk? if so, I agree that 111 would be a good shout :hugs:
yeah, I know what you mean. can you go out with panda? or are you too anxious? I know its so hard when you feel so low but it can take the edge off once you're out there :console:

go outside? :afraid: anxiety has been through the roof lately :s-smilie: don't even feel able to go out to shops and stuff without getting super anxious! tbh ideally I would just get very very drunk but I know that won't help & would annoy my girlfriend so I can't even do that. just stuck feeling crap really & hoping I feel distracted enough of the day that I sleep the rest of it. it's not really living but at least it's not letting me reach the point where I do anything bad.
Whats going on hun? do you feel at risk? if so, I agree that 111 would be a good shout :hugs:

You know that wave of nerves you get when you're about to go on stage or something? I've had that feeling non-stop since yesterday morning. Can't keep food down, sweating, shaking, tight chest. I don't want to hurt myself but I just want it to stop.
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
go outside? :afraid: anxiety has been through the roof lately :s-smilie: don't even feel able to go out to shops and stuff without getting super anxious! tbh ideally I would just get very very drunk but I know that won't help & would annoy my girlfriend so I can't even do that. just stuck feeling crap really & hoping I feel distracted enough of the day that I sleep the rest of it. it's not really living but at least it's not letting me reach the point where I do anything bad.

Okay that's fair enough, I wasn't sure how your anxiety was at the moment. I'm not really too sure what to suggest, but as long as it's keeping you safe, that's the main thing :console:
Original post by Cinnie
You know that wave of nerves you get when you're about to go on stage or something? I've had that feeling non-stop since yesterday morning. Can't keep food down, sweating, shaking, tight chest. I don't want to hurt myself but I just want it to stop.

I'm really sorry to hear that :frown: Do you have any PRN medication like diazepam? If you don't, but you have a crisis team, then you could call them and they might be able to come and give you some. I'm not sure A&E is really the best option unless you're unsafe. If you ring 111 then they will be able to give you the best advice I think :hugs:
Okay that's fair enough, I wasn't sure how your anxiety was at the moment. I'm not really too sure what to suggest, but as long as it's keeping you safe, that's the main thing :console:

it's okay. yeah, I am safe I guess, tired now though so might get some rest in a bit! thanks :hugs:
Reply 8891
Life would be far easier if sleep didn't consist of a series of nightmares.
I'm really sorry to hear that :frown: Do you have any PRN medication like diazepam? If you don't, but you have a crisis team, then you could call them and they might be able to come and give you some. I'm not sure A&E is really the best option unless you're unsafe. If you ring 111 then they will be able to give you the best advice I think :hugs:

No I don't have any PRN or a crisis team. :hugs:

My aunt is in and she doesn't know any of this is happening other than that i'm physically ill so I need to figure out how to come out of my room and tell her
Reply 8893
Original post by Cinnie

As tempting as it might be, it's likely a little early to hit the vodka. Think of lemon meringue pies and stuff! [also, can try co-codomal/codeine, 30/500's or the 60mg's if you have them. Not a surefire fix, and I wouldn't do it regularly, but once in a while is totally fine!]
Going to see my friend at uni later despite the masses of work I've got to do. Feeling a bit tearful and anxious today so I hope I keep it under control while my friend is driving.

:hugs: for everyone.
Original post by Anonymous #2
Such a pain isn't it!

How are you? :smile:

Indeed it is :unimpressed:

I'm doing good thank you, won a lot of praise for my performance in football last night :colone: How about you? :smile:
Original post by IDukem
Indeed it is :unimpressed:

I'm doing good thank you, won a lot of praise for my performance in football last night :colone: How about you? :smile:

Oooo well done! :biggrin:

See above post :tongue: Tearful and anxious but going to see one of my friends at uni so should be ok :yep:
Original post by Anonymous #2
Oooo well done! :biggrin:

See above post :tongue: Tearful and anxious but going to see one of my friends at uni so should be ok :yep:

Thank you :h:

Aww Anony #2 :hugs: If I could hug the fears away, you know I would :yep: At least you'll be in good company! perhaps talking to the personal tutor might help you. For me, my one was/is very understanding :smile:
Original post by IDukem
Thank you :h:

Aww Anony #2 :hugs: If I could hug the fears away, you know I would :yep: At least you'll be in good company! perhaps talking to the personal tutor might help you. For me, my one was/is very understanding :smile:

:hugs: That's good! Mine is really lovely but I'm not sure what she or uni could do for me. We have to book an appointment to see our PT when we get feedback on our first assignment which is in a few weeks so I'll see how I'm feeling then. :smile:
im so tired. barly slept becuase of everything.

Latest