Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by cuppa)
    Thank you! Hope you're feeling alright

:h:
    I think so. Just reading up on my new diagnosis

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I hate the fact that when I'm drunk I'm either at my happiest or my saddest and I can't control it. Last night was horrific and I am fighting off urges left, right and centre here but I'm really struggling and I wish I had a friend with me who cared. Really want to get drunk right now again to blot out the pain but I know it'll be a bad idea. Admitted things last night I really wish I hadn't. How long am I going to keep feeling like this? Everyone's probably sick of seeing me a crying mess when I get drunk in the flat and I probably come off as really attention seeky because they don't know I'm suffering with this mental illness. Can't trust anyone and no one cares really. I just want a friend irl...I don't know what I've done to deserve this sadness but I am constantly having irrational thoughts and I'm calm on the outside but I keep having breakdowns. I'm always ignored and people really don't care about me, it's always me making an effort with other people. I spent ten hours at the hospital with my friend when she got taken in even though I was so weak and in pain as I'd just come out of hospital a week ago (the nurse told me to go home as she said I looked ill myself!) and she can't even be bothered to say hello to me most days. Why do I care about people so much and why do I hate myself so much??
    Sorry about the rant, I just need somewhere to say my unfiltered thoughts and this is the first place I can think of. But having strong strong urges and I don't know what to do
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    That awkward moment when the pharmacy congratulate you on getting off antidepressants.

ReputationRep:
    My day consists of TSR, playing a bit of PS3, watching Netflix and doing a tiny bit of work. Surely, there is more to life than doing this all day long?

ReputationRep:
    What do I do when I think I have messed up a test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    For someone who has been awake since 4am, I'm doing surprisingly good.

I've been compiling a mental list of my OC things. Oh wow.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by belinda130)
    :wavey:
    Hi!

Without knowing what kinda test (school v uni) and whether you have an existing mental health diagnosis, there's not much we can do or say to advise you. If it's a school exam and you think mental health has affected your ability to successfully do the paper, you need to talk to your school's exam officer. If it's a uni exam and you have an existing diagnosis, you need to talk to someone in your department, like an exams administrator or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    That awkward moment when the pharmacy congratulate you on getting off antidepressants.
    Well that's fairly inappropriate of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    yeah that's really not on :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    It quickly diminished when I handed in a script for sleeping tablets.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    My day consists of TSR, playing a bit of PS3, watching Netflix and doing a tiny bit of work. Surely, there is more to life than doing this all day long?
    I think there probably is more to life than that personally, but it can be very hard to have hope for the future or do other things when you're mentally ill. So if you're happy with how things are and you're not engaging in illegal activity or anything that harms you or others, I don't see how that existence is necessarily a bad thing.

I, for example, often feel bad for spending so much of my time on TSR but it's comfortable and makes me happy most of the time. I wouldn't wanna be on here when I'm, say, 40 or maybe even 30 (which isn't too far off) but it's all about baby steps and things that get you through the day

ReputationRep:
    I had my first psychotherapy session today...
    it was supposed to be 50 minutes yet it lasted an hour and a half and that worries me
    she was quite funny but she kind of forced me to think of myself as cruel to myself
    i don't know how i feel about her...
    mixed emotions
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Crystalz)
    it was supposed to be 50 minutes yet it lasted an hour and a half and that worries me
    she was quite funny but she kind of forced me to think of myself as cruel to myself
    mixed emotions
    We are are worst enemies, at the end of the day, so whilst it may have felt forced and odd, it is possible that she was doing that for some kinda valid reason.

Probably a longer session as it may have counted as part of the assessment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    We are are worst enemies, at the end of the day, so whilst it may have felt forced and odd, it is possible that she was doing that for some kinda valid reason.

Probably a longer session as it may have counted as part of the assessment?
    I can understand where she is coming from i guess, she repeatedly asked if i was sure i wanted to go through this, she said she wasn't sure if i actually wanted help...
    Perhaps although not too many questions were asked, i will have a proper assessment somewhere down the line though i think.

It wasn't too bad, i've kind of forgotten most of the things i've said. I think i like her which is good i think

ReputationRep:
    mixed emotions
    Hey, when did you ask for psychotherapy?? Was it the other day at the GP appointment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Hey, when did you ask for psychotherapy?? Was it the other day at the GP appointment?
    Yeah at the GP. I didn't ask for it they just referred me to the "crisis intervention" service and they had me meet with a psychotherapist today as well as for the next 6 weeks before I get referred to the adult mental health services or discharged. They were quite ambiguous about what the crisis intervention service was, I got a phone call but only one and now the only contact I have is these weekly meetings which I'm fine with but I expected something different.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PD

Spoiler:
    Show
    I thought this would be helpful for me - and it has been! It's a list of my OC things that I just must do:

I sit in the left side of the bus always.
    I always carry sling bags on my left shoulder.
    Painting nails - one nail messes up I have to redo the entire hand.
    I always walk on the left side. Feel uncomfortable it I can't; I even cross the road to make sure I'm walking on the left.
    I have to have colourful work notes.
    I only sit on the right side of sofas.
    Sleep only on my left side, back to the door.
    Left hand goes numb when stressed or nervous.
    Take glasses off only with left hand, put only on with right hand.
    3 sheets of paper towels when drying hands.
    I always put keys in my left pocket and my phone in my right pocket.
    I can type dominantly with my right hand - except on mobile.
    I must drink at least 1 cup of tea before 11am.
    When sitting in the back of cars, I always sit on the left.
    I prefer sitting in the left side of rooms.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah at the GP. I didn't ask for it they just referred me to the "crisis intervention" service and they had me meet with a psychotherapist today as well as for the next 6 weeks before I get referred to the adult mental health services or discharged. They were quite ambiguous about what the crisis intervention service was, I got a phone call but only one and now the only contact I have is these weekly meetings which I'm fine with but I expected something different.
    That's good . Oh in what way did you imagine it'd be different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I think there probably is more to life than that personally, but it can be very hard to have hope for the future or do other things when you're mentally ill. So if you're happy with how things are and you're not engaging in illegal activity or anything that harms you or others, I don't see how that existence is necessarily a bad thing.

I, for example, often feel bad for spending so much of my time on TSR but it's comfortable and makes me happy most of the time. I wouldn't wanna be on here when I'm, say, 40 or maybe even 30 (which isn't too far off) but it's all about baby steps and things that get you through the day
    I'm not really happy, as such, but I am not really able to do anything else. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I am more just annoyed that I don't do much else than this. It has been like this for months now and not much has changed.

That's true. Posting on TSR does help me at times, but there are also times when I just browse for no reason.

Thank you

Hope you're alright :hugs:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.