This discussion is closed.
toronto353
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
**** me I'm old compared to you lot, not creepily old but old enough (under 30) No wonder the majority of you piss me off :lol:
(Original post by Aph)
Time for you to retire?
Nooooooo. You can't have teh_France retiring from the House, I'd miss his unique take on the world.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by toronto353)
Nooooooo. You can't have teh_France retiring from the House, I'd miss his unique take on the world.
Well if we introduced a retirement age of 25... That would be a maximum of ten years I room which would be 100 years IRL terms. Quite an impressive tenure.
As I recall you, birch, rakas and LP all have about 50 years MHoC time service.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd love to know how people imagine me...
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bit behind, but I finally took a look at the sweets question everybody was crying about and, along with seeing 10 more simple questions people can't get, along with the Maths questions that were rejected for being "too hard" so aren't even making it to the exams, I think some form of cull is in order, some of these people clearly do more harm than good by being alive. 74pc don't seem to know what an ordinal is (which was obvious contextually), 41pc don't know how to spell accommodate, 65pc of people couldn't solve a simple polynomial, and many more relatively simple questions either straight up or given the context. Not sure what the sample is, whether it's a set one before the article was written, or like the with polls the Telegraph puts in the articles, based on the people that actually answered the questions.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Time for you to retire?
Why are you trying to force me to retire? I'm not a lame horse that you take out around back to shoot, just so you can have that Findus Lasagne you so desperately crave.

----------

Anyone else find themselves dreaming of Dubya and his wonderful presidential style, I notice that there are similarities between him and Bojo :adore:
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why are you trying to force me to retire? I'm not a lame horse that you take out around back to shoot, just so you can have that Findus Lasagne you so desperately crave.
I think he's feeling threatened by your presence!
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
I think he's feeling threatened by your presence!
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if that were the case, however I fear that he wants to shoot me so I can go into his Findus Lasagne. Aph sickens me sometimes :puke:
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if that were the case, however I fear that he wants to shoot me so I can go into his Findus Lasagne. Aph sickens me sometimes :puke:
Hahahaha! I love that smiley!
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can any of the lefties explain to me why African Americans are apparently angry at the white woman for saying she was an African American?

I don't understand it because for example we don't see men or women angry at a trans person when they decide they are an x in a y body which is effectively the same thing when you switch gender for race.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Can any of the lefties explain to me why African Americans are apparently angry at the white woman for saying she was an African American?

I don't understand it because for example we don't see men or women angry at a trans person when they decide they are an x in a y body which is effectively the same thing when you switch gender for race.
That's an interesting way of looking at it, can you be trans-race?
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
I think it's because she's white....
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
Well if we are told that gender roles don't exist then surely one would have to take the view that race roles don't exist (or shouldn't).

Now of course i actually approve of gender roles somewhat but that's not the position of the rights groups. I tend to get a wiff of anti-white sentiment here since plenty of black females apparently try look white and we don't complain.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it's because she's white....
That would be extremely racist of the African Americans though i do get that impression.
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
That would be extremely racist of the African Americans though i do get that impression.
How is it racist? She's a white woman claiming she's black, she's the racist. Whites aren't black and blacks aren't white unless they're mocha 😂
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
Of course, although a much weaker argument given that it would be a cultural thing I would think.

But obviously it's all just a case of "it's only racism/sexism etc if the person being targeted isn't a White, middle class, straight, cis man
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Well if we are told that gender roles don't exist then surely one would have to take the view that race roles don't exist (or shouldn't).

Now of course i actually approve of gender roles somewhat but that's not the position of the rights groups. I tend to get a wiff of anti-white sentiment here since plenty of black females apparently try look white and we don't complain.
Advocacy groups such as the NAACP exist to tackle what they see as the relative privilege of white people over those of other races. From that base you can see why such activists aren't particularly happy for a white woman to pretend to be black to gain influence and power, when their aim is to counter the imbalance of power between the two groups.

The key question here is whether there's a difference between a transgender person, and a person who claims to be from a different ethnic background to what they are seen as. For me, there is. Whether we like it or not, there are fundamental differences between the two main sexes far greater than the aesthetics of skin colour or different tendencies in physiques. We have completely different reproductive systems, body shapes, and secondary sexual characteristics for a start. Beyond that though and more significantly, you then have the hormonal differences which have a massive effect on behaviour. Even further, there is now strong evidence to suggest psychological differences between the sexes as well, and this is where the transgender issue comes into play. Whilst more research is definitely necessary, the most likely explanation is that gender issues are caused by a mismatch between psychological and physiological profiles: quite literally, a female brain in a typically male body running on typically male hormones or vice-versa, so to speak, possibly caused by hormonal abnormalities in the womb. There is no similar evidence to suggest any fundamental difference whatsoever between people of different races.

The consequence of this is that "transrace" people cannot exist in the same way transgender people do. Whilst both gender and racial roles are social constructs, gender itself and sex are not. Thus, people identifying themselves as a different race (of which there are very, very few reported cases to begin with) are far more likely instead to be suffering from social or cultural envy or disillusionment or, as is seemingly suspected here, deliberately faking racial background in order to gain influence in a space ordinarily reserved for heightening the voice of the black community. I suspect this woman is troubled rather than malicious, but that is besides the point that comparisons between her and a trans* person are superficial at best.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You guys are all ****ing boring. get your asse on here. NOW!!!
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
You guys are all ****ing boring. get your asse on here. NOW!!!
Well someone's happy...

Posted from TSR Mobile
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He's suggested I should retire too lol I assume he anticipates a House where he is the sole member.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Who's the youngest/oldest here then? I'll accept mental age submissions.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.97%
No (134)
74.03%

Watched Threads