Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    I knew AQA chemistry would **** me up, I knew it!!!

ReputationRep:
    Called Warwick and they said if I wanted to apply through clearing I would have to release myself, and then call but he said the offer for clearing was AAB, the actuall offer is ABB and o got ABC, I don't want to go to my insurance but I don't want to be uni less, advice please????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster15)
    I assure you, if it's just one mark off, you won't go down a whole grade!
    Hmm :/ the grade boundaries are mega close though. I could only afford to lose 4 raw marks and then I would drop a grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CardiffKate)
    Just to clarify, you applied to your chosen course entering in Year 1 and this morning, based on your results, your firmed university has accepted you on the foundation year without discussing it with you?

Best bet is to ring up and find out why they have done that. If you do choose to change course/university, the option to add a Clearing choice will not show on UCAS until 3pm today, so don't stress. Take the time to think about your decision and call around.

If your firm university have offered you a place on their foundation course, it is likely your results will allow you to go through Clearing and find a different university that will take you on as a Year 1 student.
    Thank you for your amazing reply. Yes they changed my firm which was conditional now to unconditional for foundation year without telling me anything. My insurance is now unconditional, im happy to go into that BUT i need to try for qmul, i want to get into it.

Right now im on my way to my grades, once i get them Im planning to write an email, and then call since i have lots to say because im not a normal student I have lots lots of relavant experience relating to the course, I want them to read my personal statement again. What is the best way to do that? And can i do this after 3? Contact them, or I need to contact qmul before 3, whats up with 3 oclock?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster15)
    I knew AQA chemistry would **** me up, I knew it!!!
    Hope its not gone to badly x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeeamf)
    Manchester to do Chemistry
    I'm going to UOM too and haven't heard directly from them yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Missed out on an A* in maths by a single mark. :sad:
    get a priority remark, worth a try if its a singular mark

ReputationRep:
    I GOT INTO UNI! :rofl: :ymca: :dancing2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    which university?

At 3pm track will have full functionality so you can accept or decline a changed course offer through track. Before then you can only do it by calling UCAS.

Do you WANT to take up the foundation year with QMUL or would you rather go to your insurance?
    Im not doing the foundation year, im happy with my insurance, BUT i want to tro to get in to qmul for my original course. I want them to read my personal statement again, im not a normal student, I have lots of relating experience to the course...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jxnnywilsxn)
    Sorry I meant that I'm travelling to Scotland in two hours which means I'll find today stressful as I won't be at home to sort everything out! I've emailed Bristol University but they haven't replied yet.
    Oh i see, have you go a phone to call them ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vannzzoo)
    Called Warwick and they said if I wanted to apply through clearing I would have to release myself, and then call but he said the offer for clearing was AAB, the actuall offer is ABB and o got ABC, I don't want to go to my insurance but I don't want to be uni less, advice please????
    That sounds really confusing.

When you call universities always ask for the name and job title of the person you speak to - and if they make any promises or aren't very clear then ask if they can send you details in writing by email.

(Original post by Reda2)
    Thank you for your amazing reply. Yes they changed my firm which was conditional now to unconditional for foundation year without telling me anything. My insurance is now unconditional, im happy to go into that BUT i need to try for qmul, i want to get into it.

Right now im on my way to my grades, once i get them Im planning to write an email, and then call since i have lots to say because im not a normal student I have lots lots of relavant experience relating to the course, I want them to read my personal statement again. What is the best way to do that? And can i do this after 3? Contact them, or I need to contact qmul before 3, whats up with 3 oclock?
    Your PS will have been reread before making the changed course offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vannzzoo)
    Well if you dont want to go to your insurance then go into clearing i m afraid there's no other option really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    Congratulations

(Original post by Reda2)
    Im not doing the foundation year, im happy with my insurance, BUT i want to tro to get in to qmul for my original course. I want them to read my personal statement again, im not a normal student, I have lots of relating experience to the course...
    They may have read it again when deciding to other you a course change, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Got A B U, pretty *****y results but what can you do; this is AS btw

ReputationRep:
    I got BBB yet the requirements were AAA but got in so a bit confused but I'll take it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reda2)
    Like I said above - they'll already have reread it.

Get your grades and ring them if you like...but don't expect them to change their mind. They've had your grades since friday night and have made you the offer of a foundation instead. If you don't want that (and they wont change it when you phone them - don't email) then after 3pm you'll be able to decline the changed course offer and go to your insurance instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    get a priority remark, worth a try if its a singular mark
    I still got into uni and I'd rather not risk it dropping a lot (doubt it would though) and it would essentially be something to feed my ego so I don't really mind. I mean I can live with it and after uni it won't mean much because my degree will be considered more highly so I don't think it's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Yo guys,
    I received my clearing offer in little under an hour after i called (gg me)

Anyone know when the big ol' "Add Clearing choice" button appears? I don't see one yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Randomer189)
    I got BBB yet the requirements were AAA but got in so a bit confused but I'll take it lol
    It's very very common :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    Woohoo! Well done

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.