Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wow, they're all so up themselves!

"I'm so successful" etc.

Surely if you're so successful running your own business you don't need a £250,000 investment to branch out someone else's?

"Oooh man, Sophie-"
    "No, I'm not man. I'm Lord Sugar"
    :lol:
    SASS.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  napoleon-dynamite-ffa-01.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  52.4 KB

losers.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If these people accurately represent Britain's future businesses, this country is royally screwed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    If these people accurately represent Britain's future businesses, this country is royally screwed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The future of UK business lies in the hands of good people (I hope).

Not some sad arrogant narcissists who apply for the Apprentice and waste their time trying to jump through his hoops for money.

Real entrepreneurs will be making money themselves and making a success.

I wanted to apply to Young Apprentice too but they are awful.

ReputationRep:
    Ok. I found an anime where people have to suck breasts for the milk in order to gain power. I introduced it to my friends and they are watching it endlessly now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)

It got axed by the BBC after last year anyway :P I agree the kids on it were very annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    It got axed by the BBC after last year anyway :P I agree the kids on it were very annoying
    I know
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The future of UK business lies in the hands of good people (I hope).

Not some sad arrogant narcissists who apply for the Apprentice and waste their time trying to jump through his hoops for money.

Real entrepreneurs will be making money themselves and making a success.

I know at heart. It's just that a few hours of revision today plus a mock English lit exam after school has turned me into a grumpy person today...

The people on Young Apprentice are just a little better than the plebs on the normal apprentice. :facepalm: I don't think you should waste your time with that BS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    I know at heart. It's just that a few hours of revision today plus a mock English lit exam after school has turned me into a grumpy person today...

The people on Young Apprentice are just a little better than the plebs on the normal apprentice. :facepalm: I don't think you should waste your time with that BS.
    Yeah, haha English Lit

Which is more likely, A* in Lit or Biology? I've decided to choose between them :ahee:

Yeah, a bit better it'd be nice to go on there though

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, haha English Lit

Which is more likely, A* in Lit or Biology? I've decided to choose between them :ahee:

Is it bad that for me the star in Biology is more likely when I can only miss one mark for it? :sexface:

I don't watch the Apprentice since studying that Ed guy from a few years ago for English Lang :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, haha English Lit

I'd prefer the A* in Biology but thats just me. Biology is more respected than English Lit right? Am I right?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, haha English Lit

Yeah, the Young Apprentice was bearable.

Ugh, I can't wait until study leave. I genuinely enjoy revising late at night, everyone's in bed and there's no distractions but I can't do that when I have to be up at 6.30 in the morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    I'd prefer the A* in Biology but thats just me. Biology is more respected than English Lit right? Am I right?:confused:
    I'd say English literature is more respected than biology :s

Afterall, you don't always need a level biology in order to get onto a biology degree - whereas with English lit, you do (most of the time, anyway).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pabblethefish)

Afterall, you don't always need a level biology in order to get onto a biology degree - whereas with English lit, you do.
    What? Really? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    What? Really? :eek:
    Well not always, every university's different. But when it comes to applying to a biology-based degree it's always: chemistry > biology.

Of course, biology is still an important subject!

I just feel English shows you can analyse text and put meaning into things and intricately write powerful responses to things whereas biology shows you can kind of, sort of do a science. But that's only my opinion.

ReputationRep:

Afterall, you don't always need a level biology in order to get onto a biology degree - whereas with English lit, you do (most of the time, anyway).
    I'd like to fact check this (I won't but I'd like to).

Because they're GCSEs, respect is entirely irrelevant :u:

ReputationRep:
    Well not always, every university's different. But when it comes to applying to a biology-based degree it's always: chemistry > biology.

Of course, biology is still an important subject!

I just feel English shows you can analyse text and put meaning into things and intricately write powerful responses to things whereas biology shows you can kind of, sort of do a science. But that's only my opinion.
    Well said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    I'd like to fact check this (I won't but I'd like to).

Because they're GCSEs, respect is entirely irrelevant :u:
    That's true, I suppose I was getting off track

I distinctly remember whilst degree browsing around that biology isn't really needed. I'll have a look around and share what I find, just out of curiosity of course

ReputationRep:
    Name:  jkl.png
Views: 35
Size:  8.6 KB

Looking at this, I'm thinking that according to universities, English is more valuable to study English than biology is to study biology but maybe this is because English literature doesn't have any 'sister subjects' as chemistry is to biology. Biology is a part of a much wider spectrum that is science whereas English is a wide spectrum in itself?

I don't know. This is what happens when I try to be deep when I'm tired.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    There's likely more preference for English in the 'Arts' subjects whilst people will prefer Biology for the 'Science' faculty. Given your likely uni subject choices, I'd go with Bio.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.