Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    "Denmark forward Nicklas Bendtner heads a list of 11 Arsenal players leaving the club when their contracts officially expire on June 30."

11 players leaving us this year. We lack depth as it is.. Wenger needs to do a MAD one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    "Denmark forward Nicklas Bendtner heads a list of 11 Arsenal players leaving the club when their contracts officially expire on June 30."

11 players leaving us this year. We lack depth as it is.. Wenger needs to do a MAD one
    This is a non issue. If Bendtner is the one heading that list then they shouldn't be playing anyway, a lot of them will be youth players being released. We don't need to buy 11 players to replace the ones leaving lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    This is a non issue. If Bendtner is the one heading that list then they shouldn't be playing anyway, a lot of them will be youth players being released. We don't need to buy 11 players to replace the ones leaving lol.
    Nah lol I'm not saying buy 11 players.

That figure includes bentner, Sagna, Viviano, Fabianksi, kallstrom, park and then other youngers

We needed depth with those players in the squad. Now we just need more
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Wtf man Arsenal, I know transfer season hasn't officially started but start doing some business now. Other clubs doing their ting. I can't be dealing with deadline day nonsense anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Wtf man Arsenal, I know transfer season hasn't officially started but start doing some business now. Other clubs doing their ting. I can't be dealing with deadline day nonsense anymore.
    The window hasn't opened yet and it is World Cup season but still, I share your feelings. We really have to get the players in before the season starts. UTD have learnt from last summer's failures.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wenger obviously doing the same thing as last year. Waiting for the domino effect to take place. Letting big clubs do their business then pick off the scraps. It's a tactic I firmly disagree with but what can I we do, I'm sure the club is trying to sign the players we need. I'll judge whether this window has been a success or not in May.

Needless to say we'd better parading the title around Islington

ReputationRep:
    Well now that Sagna has left, I could see Gibbs inheriting his number, and whichever right-back we buy get number 2

ReputationRep:
    arsenal have never been ones to operate above water in transfer windows, not worried yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    won't catch pellegrini or maureen with hot tings on his side by the beach

won't catch martinez or brendan dropping hot barz for the streets on sbtv either...

one arsene vengah

ReputationRep:
    http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2014/06/...ber-in-brazil/
    :lol:
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    The window hasn't opened yet and it is World Cup season but still, I share your feelings. We really have to get the players in before the season starts. UTD have learnt from last summer's failures.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Wenger obviously doing the same thing as last year. Waiting for the domino effect to take place. Letting big clubs do their business then pick off the scraps. It's a tactic I firmly disagree with but what can I we do, I'm sure the club is trying to sign the players we need. I'll judge whether this window has been a success or not in May.

Needless to say we'd better parading the title around Islington
    Nahh grandaddy Wenger is too busy playing beach footy in Brazil. He better be scouting while he's at it

Tbh if we don't get anyone we're dropping out the top four, period.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone else is losing their **** over transfers, Wenger just chilling on a hammock with a Caipirinha celebrating having raised £12m from Vela and cleared £200k from the wagebill :laugh:

Never heard of another manager like Wenger wrt transfers, honestly think there will be a part of me that misses these windows in years to come :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Everyone else is losing their **** over transfers, Wenger just chilling on a hammock with a Caipirinha celebrating having raised £12m from Vela and cleared £200k from the wagebill :laugh:

Never heard of another manager like Wenger wrt transfers, honestly think there will be a part of me that misses these windows in years to come :moon:
    Part of me wishes that this is all a game from Wenger to wait for all the other clubs to make their transfers first. As if he is playing some twisted card game and waiting to reveal his hand. One can hope.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh if we don't get anyone we're dropping out the top four, period.
    We're barely move forward tbh. We've really added 50% of Mata considering we had him for 6 months last season and Herrera. That and somebody competent to run the show. Not sure that adds up to 15 points. We're also light at CB so an injury crisis, and by crisis we mean 2 injuries, and we're playing Carrick at CB. As things stand, I think we'll run close but come up short of top 4. I'm personally not as convinced as Liverpool fans seem to be about them kicking on or even staying still next season anyway. I think it could be them we challenge. If we sign another CB and a top winger then your panic might be justified atm 4 spots for 4 teams in my mind.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

It's actually killing me slowly I can't be relying on deadline day deals

(Original post by Fizzel)
    We're barely move forward tbh. We've really added 50% of Mata considering we had him for 6 months last season and Herrera. That and somebody competent to run the show. Not sure that adds up to 15 points. We're also light at CB so an injury crisis, and by crisis we mean 2 injuries, and we're playing Carrick at CB. As things stand, I think we'll run close but come up short of top 4. I'm personally not as convinced as Liverpool fans seem to be about them kicking on or even staying still next season anyway. I think it could be them we challenge. If we sign another CB and a top winger then your panic might be justified atm 4 spots for 4 teams in my mind.
    Yeah but you've also got a manager who knows how to organise his players. Yes you guys were terrible last season but it was still the same majority of players under SAF, so it's quite obvious that managerial tactics were the problem. You'll significantly improve this season, and by that I mean you're getting into the top four again. There will be 7 teams fighting for a top 4 place, It'll either be us or Liverpool dropping out if the right signings are not made.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't see Liverpool challenging next year or coming higher than 3rd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I disagree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Too early too judge we'll see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    I disagree
    I say this because I don't think Suarez will have a better season nor Gerrard. CL runs will make things a bit harder where as Chelsea have more reason to have a stronger season.

If we don't make any signings I see it being :

1. Chelsea/City
    2. City/Chelsea
    3. Liverpool/Arsenal/UTD
    4. etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I say this because I don't think Suarez will have a better season nor Gerrard. CL runs will make things a bit harder where as Chelsea have more reason to have a stronger season.

If we don't make any signings I see it being :

1. Chelsea/City
    2. City/Chelsea
    3. Liverpool/Arsenal/UTD
    4. etc
    I disagree.

I think that they will get in the top 2.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.