Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kawehi)
    Same, I'm probably at about 4 hours a day... Eeeek
    Plus I only really started revising about 2/3 weeks ago :eek:, and I only just finished the my first past paper for S1 in about 2 months (the exam is in a week)..
    So I'm feeling pretty crappy
    #gonnafail (Read: not get full ums haha)
    Hahahahaha, you'll be fine dw lmao, I love how the definition of failure is not getting full UMS, it kills me :rofl:
    I feel you tbh xD I haven't revised much unit 2- I've mainly procrastinated. But I know basically all of it from revision over Easter so I'm thinking a cram session the day before each exam should suffice :lol:
    Biology though... I did a past paper today and got 81/100 :'( and then I checked the grade boundaries and apparently that's full UMS?! Boundary for an A was 64/100

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Meh if you can do an s1 paper you'll be fine. I had to make notes because I'd literally forgotten everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I was pretty relieved I could manage any of it tbh, although I was pretty shocked that I couldn't do the basic probability questions (I've had to post a 'help me' thread in maths lol)

ReputationRep:
    Me!!
    Yaay its going to be fun meeting you guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKhaleesi)
    Yeah that would be nice

Who else will be coming on the 2nd?
    I think quite a few of us

ReputationRep:
    Same, I'm probably at about 4 hours a day... Eeeek
    Plus I only really started revising about 2/3 weeks ago :eek:, and I only just finished the my first past paper for S1 in about 2 months (the exam is in a week)..
    So I'm feeling pretty crappy
    #gonnafail (Read: not get full ums haha)
    Does anyone else talk to their classmates in the sense that not full UMS = failure? I do sometimes and it annoys the heck out of everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Number Nine)
    Does anyone else talk to their classmates in the sense that not full UMS = failure? I do sometimes and it annoys the heck out of everyone
    I do for maths and chem, but the people I talk to like that are the ones who think like me i.e, less than 100UMS is a failure. Actually, less so for chem, since it's easy to lose marks.

ReputationRep:
    Meh if you can do an s1 paper you'll be fine. I had to make notes because I'd literally forgotten everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I made notes before the S1 exam aswell and only did a few papers as I had fp1 that morning aswell. With good notes and abit of understanding 80+ is easy. 100ums in S1 though thats hard lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Hahahahaha, you'll be fine dw lmao, I love how the definition of failure is not getting full UMS, it kills me :rofl:
    I feel you tbh xD I haven't revised much unit 2- I've mainly procrastinated. But I know basically all of it from revision over Easter so I'm thinking a cram session the day before each exam should suffice :lol:
    Biology though... I did a past paper today and got 81/100 :'( and then I checked the grade boundaries and apparently that's full UMS?! Boundary for an A was 64/100
    Whaaat that's literally exactly what happened with me for physics last night (like same grade boundaries and results and everything!) and I thought I did so crap because I left out 3 questions, but still full ums?? Agh who knows with these crazy exam boards..
    Yeah, I'm just so bad at revising! It's just soo boring to go back over the easy stuff from the beginning of the year, so it's not until I'm actually in the exam that I realise I've forgotten all of it :lol:

I just keep quiet about my grades in general.

ReputationRep:
    I occasionally do and people just laugh me out of the room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wawasan)
    I think quite a few of us
    What's happening on the 2nd? xD

Whaaat that's literally exactly what happened with me for physics last night (like same grade boundaries and results and everything!) and I thought I did so crap because I left out 3 questions, but still full ums?? Agh who knows with these crazy exam boards..
    Yeah, I'm just so bad at revising! It's just soo boring to go back over the easy stuff from the beginning of the year, so it's not until I'm actually in the exam that I realise I've forgotten all of it :lol:
    Woahhhh, crazy :lol:
    I'm not going to complain though, if they want to make grade boundaries low that's fine with me
    Haha, ikr? I have this fear that I'll get into the exam and will have forgotten absolutely everything xD Fingers crossed that doesn't happen to either of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    I made notes before the S1 exam aswell and only did a few papers as I had fp1 that morning aswell. With good notes and abit of understanding 80+ is easy. 100ums in S1 though thats hard lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm getting pretty close in past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not anymore, since people got seriously pissed at me the first couple of times. They don't seem to be able to comprehend that just getting an A isn't what I want- I need the UMS. It's difficult trying to get somebody to understand why you're upset about 87 UMS- even if it is an A, it's not a high A. But yeah, I've stopped mentioning it xD

ReputationRep:
    Is this OCR Bio F212? It's the only exam where you can not even know like 1/2 the syllabus and still get 100%

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting pretty close in past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats really good then I could never as i made so many mistakes and got a whole question wrong in the exam and got 83/100 which wasnt too bad as it looked like a rogue score when really I was just **** at it lol.
    Last year was 74/75 for 100ums so hopefully your year could have a similar exam and have same boundaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's happening on the 2nd? xD

Woahhhh, crazy :lol:
    I'm not going to complain though, if they want to make grade boundaries low that's fine with me
    Haha, ikr? I have this fear that I'll get into the exam and will have forgotten absolutely everything xD Fingers crossed that doesn't happen to either of us
    I'll be praying for us both haha
    With most of these exams, it's kind of an 'I don't know what I don't know' situation because I do most of my revision from past papers So when they throw something new at me, I'm a bit iffy! NOT looking forward to OCRs crazy unit 2 science papers, though. I'm good with F321/F211 suggest/explain questions, but unit 2? :ahhhhh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anti-Dirac)
    Is this OCR Bio F212? It's the only exam where you can not even know like 1/2 the syllabus and still get 100%
    Same boundaries for Physics G482, though! If you can read a data sheet, and know what electricity is, then you're set for full ums haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Thats really good then I could never as i made so many mistakes and got a whole question wrong in the exam and got 83/100 which wasnt too bad as it looked like a rogue score when really I was just **** at it lol.
    Last year was 74/75 for 100ums so hopefully your year could have a similar exam and have same boundaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    According to my spreadsheet I'm averaging around 73. Mostly stupid mistakes but I've managed 75 twice (out of like 6 papers)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anti-Dirac)
    Yeah, OCR :lol: Good old OCR with their amazingly low grade boundaries

I'll be praying for us both haha
    With most of these exams, it's kind of an 'I don't know what I don't know' situation because I do most of my revision from past papers So when they throw something new at me, I'm a bit iffy! NOT looking forward to OCRs crazy unit 2 science papers, though. I'm good with F321/F211 suggest/explain questions, but unit 2? :ahhhhh:
    Yeah, they can be insane D: unit 2 suggest questions are SO RANDOM, it's so annoying D: especially in biology, with all the biodiversity stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)
    Yeah...
    But what are you trying to say about Biochem applicants?
    I'm just saying that the average grades for an applicant at least really isn't as high as you'd think. Medicine applicants average GCSE A*s are like 7 and that's the highest for all courses so I'm guessing biochem will be like 4-5? Got nothing against biochems, it'll probably be my back up choice!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.